High Calcium Score 799 - 46yrs

Posted by skybear @skybear, Jul 22, 2021

Well, today was the day i was given this score, i'm 46, Dr said likely genetics played a big part in my results, dad passed at 64, grandpa at 45 from heart attacks.

I am scheduled for a stress test next month and a heart ultrasound, in the meantime Dr put me on Crestor. Needless to say, i am in shock, sad and scared, I feel like a time bomb, mom passed last December from a heart attack at 77 so the stress has been high for the last few months.

Any tips on how to calm down? I feel like i will drop at any minute with a heart attack, my anxiety is to the roof 🙁

Interested in more discussions like this? Go to the Heart & Blood Health Support Group.

Hello. I shared your anxiety when I got my score but not anymore. Read END OF HEART DISEASE by Joel Fuhrman, MD. I lowered my LDL by 70 points without statins etc. Many health benefits from diet change and a daily walk. The plaque stabilizes, and your risk rate goes way down, family history or not. It is not easy to do but much easier than to live with the fear of sudden death! I’m am no longer waiting to die but enjoying each day feeling healthier. What have you got to lose?
Best of health. Donna Frydman

@dfrydman

Hello. I shared your anxiety when I got my score but not anymore. Read END OF HEART DISEASE by Joel Fuhrman, MD. I lowered my LDL by 70 points without statins etc. Many health benefits from diet change and a daily walk. The plaque stabilizes, and your risk rate goes way down, family history or not. It is not easy to do but much easier than to live with the fear of sudden death! I’m am no longer waiting to die but enjoying each day feeling healthier. What have you got to lose?

Jump to this post

Thank you for your reply Donna, i'm sorry we have to meet under this circumstances :(, so it's been a few days now, i'm still scared, but determined to make the necessary changes to fight this. it's a lot to learn about, i'm trying to figure out what type of nutrition i need to have, as in, what diet i need to follow, etc., there is so much conflicting info out there. Do you have any food/diet pointers to share?

Hello Skybear, im also 46, score is 400. Very scared at first, but after an exhausting 2 months of research and trying to figure out what to do, I have just been focussing on my heath and what I consume. The worry seems to lessen in time. I've always been an eater, so I try and stock the fridge with as many fruits and veggies as possible so when I feel the urge, I am limited to what I can have. The ornish diet, while hard to follow to a tee, will give you something to focus on.
We will get thru this! Us GenXer's alway do!!!

@dfrydman

Jump to this post

Well put!

Please sign in or register to post a reply.