Gratitude Discussion Group

Posted by Debbra Williams, Alumna Mentor @debbraw, Nov 24, 2018

Hi everyone! Just before Thanksgiving @michellegraffradford posted a blog called Gratitude Changes Everything. She suggested three techniques to help incorporate gratitude into our daily lives:

• Start the Day with Gratitude (before getting up think of three people you are grateful for)

• Maintain a Gratitude Journal to record times when you are grateful

• Count Blessings – not sheep! (Review the day and remember moments of gratitude)

Her blogpost was so inspiring that a lot of us decided we wanted to form a Gratitude Group to keep the attitude of gratitude going. The blogpost area is not an ideal space for a big discussion group so I am moving the discussion over here to the “Just Want to Talk” Group. Let’s use this space to share and discuss our Gratitude Journey. I’m going to suggest that we each try to take a minute from the day and post here what has made us feel thankful today. It can be as small as a stranger’s smile on the bus or as large as fulfilling a major life dream – or anywhere in between. We can also discuss how we are doing with the three techniques. Sometimes it is easier to form new habits with support from others.

Michelle's full blogpost is at the link below. You may want to review it or print it out to help get started!
https://connect.mayoclinic.org/page/living-with-mild-cognitive-impairment-mci/newsfeed/gratitude-changes-everything/

I look forward to hearing from others in the Gratitude Group and to having others join us here! Thanks to those who already shared great stories. If you haven't yet, what gratitude will you share today?!

Interested in more discussions like this? Go to the Just Want to Talk Support Group.

@imallears When they put the kitchen in they didn't put a stove in but microwave . Pita pockets never thought of that I will have to get some and stuff them I,ll make chicken salad Thanks for the idea

@lioness

@imallears When they put the kitchen in they didn't put a stove in but microwave . Pita pockets never thought of that I will have to get some and stuff them I,ll make chicken salad Thanks for the idea

Jump to this post

@lioness
Great...glad I helped. Send me one.

FL Mary

@mamacita

So,@gingerw, my daughter's appointment was cancelled because the CRNP and the Doctor both are out of town.

Now I get to drink my hot cup of tea with lemon and get ready in leisure for my own PCP appointment.

Has anyone had the Apple dessert at Cracker Barrel? When you split it two ways, it still has over 400 calories per serving. But sometimes it's just worth it!
Love y'all!

Mamacita Jane

Jump to this post

@mamacita
Nearest Cracker Barrel is 75 miles away in Sacramento. If I get my license back I'll run up there and try it.
Jake

@contentandwell

@jakedduck1 Aren't you in the SF area and Linda in the L.A. area? That's a long way to go for dinner together. If you do manage it, take pictures!

@lioness What are you supposed to bring for the potluck? Entree, dessert, or what, or is it a brunch pot luck?
JK

Jump to this post

@contentandwell
I live 90 miles nearly due east of San Francisco and Linda is 310 miles south. Not bad for lunch you don't have to cook yourself.
Jake

@jakedduck1

@contentandwell
I live 90 miles nearly due east of San Francisco and Linda is 310 miles south. Not bad for lunch you don't have to cook yourself.
Jake

Jump to this post

@jakedduck1 😂
JK

@lioness

@jakedduck1 Thought you forgot . On Nov 5th we are having a pot luck don't know what I'm going to fix for it any ideas Leonard ?

Jump to this post

@lioness
”1 Thought you forgot” you were hoping weren't you?
I was gonna say I can't make the pot luck because of my DMV hearing but good news, I could always fly. Good thing I don't know your address of you might have a frequent dinner guest. I'll bring the candy. I think I have every candy bar known to man.
Jake

@mamacita

Not to be a party pooper, but apples are not exactly on my keto-ish diet. Just kidding. Y'all know I will eat an apple anytime I've a mind to! @leonard, @contentandwell,and everyone, good Monday morning!

@gingerw , this group always manages to put a smile on my face. It's cold here, and my daughter has a 9am appointment. So someone of the two senior citizens has to get up and go get her. Guess there won't be any staying at home to be done today.

Thankful for Apple's and good recipes to dream about. For friends in far away places. For reminders that there are still good times to come, if we are careful to be grateful.
Mamacita Jane

Jump to this post

@mamacita it is always good to see your posts! You lead a very busy life don't you? I hope that your medications are working out for you the right way. It's been a stressful few weeks for me and I don't respond quite as quickly as I would like to. But I sure do look forward to reading what everybody is doing. I hope that everyone has a terrific Tuesday!
Ginger

@ginger, Volunteer Mentor, all this talk about a potluck on the other side of the country is making me dream about taking a trip out that way! Maybe next year!

Love and light
Mamacita Jane

Please sign in or register to post a reply.