Gratitude Discussion Group

Posted by Debbra Williams, Alumna Mentor @debbraw, Nov 24, 2018

Hi everyone! Just before Thanksgiving @michellegraffradford posted a blog called Gratitude Changes Everything. She suggested three techniques to help incorporate gratitude into our daily lives:

• Start the Day with Gratitude (before getting up think of three people you are grateful for)

• Maintain a Gratitude Journal to record times when you are grateful

• Count Blessings – not sheep! (Review the day and remember moments of gratitude)

Her blogpost was so inspiring that a lot of us decided we wanted to form a Gratitude Group to keep the attitude of gratitude going. The blogpost area is not an ideal space for a big discussion group so I am moving the discussion over here to the “Just Want to Talk” Group. Let’s use this space to share and discuss our Gratitude Journey. I’m going to suggest that we each try to take a minute from the day and post here what has made us feel thankful today. It can be as small as a stranger’s smile on the bus or as large as fulfilling a major life dream – or anywhere in between. We can also discuss how we are doing with the three techniques. Sometimes it is easier to form new habits with support from others.

Michelle's full blogpost is at the link below. You may want to review it or print it out to help get started!
https://connect.mayoclinic.org/page/living-with-mild-cognitive-impairment-mci/newsfeed/gratitude-changes-everything/

I look forward to hearing from others in the Gratitude Group and to having others join us here! Thanks to those who already shared great stories. If you haven't yet, what gratitude will you share today?!

Interested in more discussions like this? Go to the Just Want to Talk Support Group.

@jakedduck1

@lioness
I didn’t feel it but some here did. Some felt it in Sacramento nearly 400 miles away.
Some are predicting a stronger after shock.
I doubt any after shock will be higher.
Jake

Jump to this post

@jakedduck1 I heard that on news also I lived in Van Nuts in n 64 when Alaska had that 9.5 one I had things fall of wall

@jakedduck1

Anyone in LA feel the 6.4 earthquake?

LA and Southern California has had: (M1.5 or greater)

17 earthquakes in the past 24 hours
84 earthquakes in the past 7 days
350 earthquakes in the past 30 days
3,277 earthquakes in the past 365 days

Jake

Jump to this post

@jakedduck1 We were on the road driving back after closing escrow. That rocked our world enough! Everything looks good here, cat kept everything guarded.
Ginger

@lioness

@jakedduck1 I heard that on news also I lived in Van Nuts in n 64 when Alaska had that 9.5 one I had things fall of wall

Jump to this post

WOW that was 2200 miles away.
Jake

@gingerw

@jakedduck1 We were on the road driving back after closing escrow. That rocked our world enough! Everything looks good here, cat kept everything guarded.
Ginger

Jump to this post

@gingerw
Did you feel it on the road? How close are from it?
Jake

When the 1989 Loma Prieta earthquake hit that knocked down the freeway in Oakland and a small section of the Bay Bridge a section of an arch in our house fell down and I watched a crack go from one end of the living room to the other.
Jake

@jakedduck1

@gingerw
Did you feel it on the road? How close are from it?
Jake

Jump to this post

@jakedduck1 No, we didn't feel it. We were blissfully unaware of news for the last 5 days, which what we normally do on a road trip.
Ginger

@gingerw

Ginger

Jump to this post

@gingerw That had to be scary

One of the many things I am grateful for is all the wonderful care I have received and continue to receive at Mayo Clinic in Rochester. Everyone (doctors, nurses, techs, admissions, housekeeping, pharmacists, volunteers, etc) that I have encountered have been so warm, welcoming, knowledgeable and easy to talk to. GOD had a plan for me. HIS plan was for me to get the care I needed at Mayo. It was not an easy journey to get to where I am at today, but looking back I would not change a thing as it made me the person I am today. I grew as an individual. Finding out I am a lot stronger than I thought I was. My faith has gotten stronger as I have learned to "Let Go and Let GOD". I am grateful as well for all the other patients I have met while waiting for an appointment and the shuttle to the clinic/hotel. The positive attitude that each one had only brought my positive attitude to a higher level. I am forever grateful and BLESSED!

@nancy82415 Welcome to connect . Congrats on giving it up to God and then waiting to see what he is going to do in your life . It is well worth it for sure . Even in my marriage I put God first and was never disappointed . Some people won,t understand this but hope you do.

Please sign in or register to post a reply.