Anyone taken Evenity (romosozumab) for Osteoporosis?

Posted by arlene7 @arlene7, May 27, 2020

Has anyone taken Evenity? I understand it’s only been on the market for a little over a year. I’m hoping it will help with my severe osteoporosis. Any information is helpful.

Interested in more discussions like this? Go to the Osteoporosis & Bone Health Support Group.

@nwyatt

I have decided to stop my Evenity after 11 injections. I'm not sure it's the cause, but since my first shot I have had increasing back pain/tingling/burning. I also have osteoarthritis which may be causing some of the pain. I'll have my dexa in a month and will hopefully see improvement. How long can I wait before starting a new med? Possibly Fosomax, possibly Reclast.

Jump to this post

I also had those same symptoms in my 3rd & 4th month but they went away . I have 2 more months to go and then will start reclast after 1 month drug break .

I had my first reclast after the one month break too! Happy to not have to think about things until next year in May! 🙂

@kristie2

I also had those same symptoms in my 3rd & 4th month but they went away . I have 2 more months to go and then will start reclast after 1 month drug break .

Jump to this post

My symptoms have gotten worse unfortunately. Why did you decide on Reclast?

@nwyatt

My symptoms have gotten worse unfortunately. Why did you decide on Reclast?

Jump to this post

As we all know it’s very anxiety producing trying to decide on which med to go on after Evenity . After research and listening to Dr. Doug Lucas , McCormick and my endocrinologist we decided to go with the reclast infusions .

@kitchengal

If anyone is still reading this thread, I did my 12 injections of Evenity (2023-2024) and built back 6 years of bone loss. My follow up dexascan showed gains in all areas measured. I am following up treatment with 3 years of annual Reclast IV infusions to maintain my gains. Very pleased with Evenity.

Jump to this post

I just had my 12th Evenity injections yesterday. With the 1st injections in my arms, I wondered how I would deal with it for the series of 12 because my arms were so very sore for a week. With the 2nd injections, I switched to having the injections in my abdomen--miracle!!! Absolutely no discomfort, able to continue all my activities, wear jeans and waisted clothes. So months 2-12 I had the injections in my abdomen.
Will have Dexa scan on June 17, then follow up with my osteoporosis dr. on July 11. I'll see what her suggestion is for follow up med. I appreciate all the discussions about Prolia and Reclast. I have 2 friends on Prolia who are having no problems at all.

@kitchengal

If anyone is still reading this thread, I did my 12 injections of Evenity (2023-2024) and built back 6 years of bone loss. My follow up dexascan showed gains in all areas measured. I am following up treatment with 3 years of annual Reclast IV infusions to maintain my gains. Very pleased with Evenity.

Jump to this post

Wahooo
Thanks for coming in and sharing
I’ll be taking Evenity very soon

@kristie2

As we all know it’s very anxiety producing trying to decide on which med to go on after Evenity . After research and listening to Dr. Doug Lucas , McCormick and my endocrinologist we decided to go with the reclast infusions .

Jump to this post

Yes
I’ve been told reclast too

I have had 4 treatments of Evenity and so far no real side effects-fatigue after 10 days/2weeks, minor aches in joints. Had knee surgery 2 weeks ago which went well (was a little concerned about that one!). I, too, am hoping for some gains!

@kitchengal

Jump to this post

Did you have any side effects from the Evenity? Would you mind sharing your DEXA scores before and after treatment? Also, did you see a cardiologist before starting Evenity to rule our heart issues? Thank you.

@kitchengal

Jump to this post

wonderful! I just had my 11th and am anxious to see dexa after 12th
I had no side effects with Evenity.

Please sign in or register to post a reply.