Anyone taken Evenity (romosozumab) for Osteoporosis?

Posted by arlene7 @arlene7, May 27, 2020

Has anyone taken Evenity? I understand it’s only been on the market for a little over a year. I’m hoping it will help with my severe osteoporosis. Any information is helpful.

Interested in more discussions like this? Go to the Osteoporosis & Bone Health Support Group.

@kristie2

I have 2 more injections to go and I am hopeful that I will have great gains . I will start reclast after 1 month of a drug break .

Jump to this post

I’ll have my last two injections of Evenity on June 27!! My rheumatologist is pushing Prolia for maintenance, although when I ask about Reclast, he hesitantly says that’s a possibility. He prescribed Reclast in the past (5 years, 3-year holiday and then two more infusions in 2018 and 2020); I had no issues with it.

I’m working on determining how many lifetime infusions of Reclast are permissable and will go from there. I like the idea of having an annual infusion and drug holidays in my OP battle plan. Also, Reclast has been available for at least 15 years and doesn’t cost an arm and a leg, especially when administered in a clinic or outpatient setting (at least that’s been my experience).

Peace out y’all!

@beanieone

I’ll have my last two injections of Evenity on June 27!! My rheumatologist is pushing Prolia for maintenance, although when I ask about Reclast, he hesitantly says that’s a possibility. He prescribed Reclast in the past (5 years, 3-year holiday and then two more infusions in 2018 and 2020); I had no issues with it.

I’m working on determining how many lifetime infusions of Reclast are permissable and will go from there. I like the idea of having an annual infusion and drug holidays in my OP battle plan. Also, Reclast has been available for at least 15 years and doesn’t cost an arm and a leg, especially when administered in a clinic or outpatient setting (at least that’s been my experience).

Peace out y’all!

Jump to this post

Beanieone , Prolia is one that I will never go on . From what I have read that’s one you never get off of . My endocrinologist doesn’t like it either .

@ripley

Did you have any side effects from the Evenity? Would you mind sharing your DEXA scores before and after treatment? Also, did you see a cardiologist before starting Evenity to rule our heart issues? Thank you.

Jump to this post

I really only experienced some fatigue the first 24 hours so I planned accordingly. Yes, I did discuss this option with my cardiologist because I have a metal mitral valve (I three a clot to the heart in 1995). My cardiologist agreed that the risk was worth it. As far as my dexa scores, I don't have them handy but know that my spine was at -3.7 before and after -2.5. I also recall that my right femoral neck improved 14% from what is was at the worst.

@californiakaren

I completed one year of Evenity in July. My bone density improved! My spine T-score went from -3.0 to -2.1 which is a 13.5% improvement (the percentages are calculated using the bone density values measured in g/cm sq). My total femoral mean improved from -1.8 to -1.5 which is a 4% gain. I had no side effects except for minor swelling at the injection site in my belly which went away after a day. I have gone on Reclast to lock in my gains. It is an annual infusion for 3 years. I didn't like the sound of Prolia because you must take it for life and Fosamax due acid reflux issues. Over the year, I took 500 mg calcium plus Vit D supplements daily, took walks and did yoga once a week. I added frequent weight training over the last 3 months. It is hard to do everything suggested, but did the best I could. I highly recommend Evenity based on my experience.

Jump to this post

Happy to hear this I have 3 more shots to go!!

Please sign in or register to post a reply.