Anyone taken Evenity (romosozumab) for Osteoporosis?

Posted by arlene7 @arlene7, May 27, 2020

Has anyone taken Evenity? I understand it’s only been on the market for a little over a year. I’m hoping it will help with my severe osteoporosis. Any information is helpful.

Interested in more discussions like this? Go to the Osteoporosis & Bone Health Support Group.

@susanfalcon52

I just finished 12th injections of Evenity. It has been uneventful.
Before starting this treatment, I was terrified of Evenity.
I start Reclast this month, so I have shifted my focus of anxiety to that.
Everyone is different.

Jump to this post

Susan , wishing you the best moving forward to reclast . I have 2 more months to go with Evenity then on to reclast also depending on how long of a break endo gives me between the two . It’s always a new journey and the anxiety returns. Please keep us posted .

Eventity is among the newest of the anti-oste

@mariewms

I've had 5 injections of Evenity with no side effects. No pain during injection. Are there others out there with the same experience? I think we only hear from those having issues so it gives a slanted view and can scare/worry those thinking about going on it.
I am not minimizing the experience of those who are having side effects, just stating my experience.

Jump to this post

mariewms,
I had 12 sets of Evenity injections for last year.
No problems.
I am having Reclast infusion this month and hoping for same.

@susanfalcon52

mariewms,
I had 12 sets of Evenity injections for last year.
No problems.
I am having Reclast infusion this month and hoping for same.

Jump to this post

I meant “in last year.”
I do feel very lucky snd realize we are all different.

@mariewms

I've had 5 injections of Evenity with no side effects. No pain during injection. Are there others out there with the same experience? I think we only hear from those having issues so it gives a slanted view and can scare/worry those thinking about going on it.
I am not minimizing the experience of those who are having side effects, just stating my experience.

Jump to this post

I am on my fourth set of Evenity injections because of bad fall resulting in fractures. I take Tylenol and my antihistamine beforehand and have no injection site issues, shots are almost painless when nurse is trained, and no noticeable side effects. I agree that we may mostly be hearing from those for whom it has not been a good experience. I feel fortunate. I also never had issues with Prolia, but GERD with Actinel. The injectables appear to have fewer side effects for me.
When I had Reclast three years ago, my side effects were only 4 days of flu-like symptoms for which took advil/tylenol. I was advised to drink lots of water before the infusion and to take 1000 mg of Tylenol. They also slowed the infusion from 15 minutes to 30, since it was my first time. Good luck!

I have decided to stop my Evenity after 11 injections. I'm not sure it's the cause, but since my first shot I have had increasing back pain/tingling/burning. I also have osteoarthritis which may be causing some of the pain. I'll have my dexa in a month and will hopefully see improvement. How long can I wait before starting a new med? Possibly Fosomax, possibly Reclast.

I give a lot of Evenity injections , have not had 1 with any side effects. Best drug out there for bone regeneration.

@elisabeth007

Eventity is among the newest of the anti-oste

Jump to this post

It is five years old.

If anyone is still reading this thread, I did my 12 injections of Evenity (2023-2024) and built back 6 years of bone loss. My follow up dexascan showed gains in all areas measured. I am following up treatment with 3 years of annual Reclast IV infusions to maintain my gains. Very pleased with Evenity.

@kitchengal

If anyone is still reading this thread, I did my 12 injections of Evenity (2023-2024) and built back 6 years of bone loss. My follow up dexascan showed gains in all areas measured. I am following up treatment with 3 years of annual Reclast IV infusions to maintain my gains. Very pleased with Evenity.

Jump to this post

I have 2 more injections to go and I am hopeful that I will have great gains . I will start reclast after 1 month of a drug break .

Please sign in or register to post a reply.