Anyone here dealing with peripheral neuropathy?

Posted by rabbit10 @rabbit10, Apr 9, 2016

Anyone here dealing with peripheral neuropathy?

Interested in more discussions like this? Go to the Neuropathy Support Group.

I also suffer from central nerve damage due to an Epidural, using Fenetanyl without my permission, back in 2018.
It has changed my life for the worse, including sever pain in my lower back, which can only be be held if check, for about an hour, by using 2 milligrams of Dilaudid, prescribed by my Doctor here in Canada.
It has led to severe itching, which burns when I touch it, to try and ease the itching.
My fingers in both hands now ache almost constantly, along with pain in my neck.
Other than Dilaudid, there’s nothing else as farad. In know that can help squash the pain and horrible side effects this Epidural caused me. Does anyone else have something that’s legal that works??
Hawk194211

@myggle1950

Thank you so very much for your service and to all the Vets here.

Jump to this post

It's a funny thing that I never see that a doctor or vet could get ailments or conditions but of course.....they do! I have same. All happened in 2020 along with Tinnitus Pericarditis IBS Under Active Thyroid Dysmotility Osophaegus. You couldn't make it up. I think it's weird it happened all at same time. The virus I feel caused it all but no tests then so no diagnosis save multi symptoms. Pericarditis gone now but have supraventricular ectopic heart beat! Tell me do animals get all this?

I have to report this, in case it helps someone else. My husband had bad neuropathy of the lower legs and getting worse. His nerve conduction studies of his legs were not good and his neurologist just through up his hands. His cardiologist (who was prescibing doc) took him off statin he was on as an experiment, and immediatly pain started to go away. After 3 weeks almost all gone. So if you are on a statin, talk to your doc and see. Worth a try.

@suetex - You have to wonder how many people with peripheral neuropathy have drug related PN and don't know it. Glad to hear your husband found a solution and is doing better.

@suetex

I have to report this, in case it helps someone else. My husband had bad neuropathy of the lower legs and getting worse. His nerve conduction studies of his legs were not good and his neurologist just through up his hands. His cardiologist (who was prescibing doc) took him off statin he was on as an experiment, and immediatly pain started to go away. After 3 weeks almost all gone. So if you are on a statin, talk to your doc and see. Worth a try.

Jump to this post

Sounds interesting, I’ve been on statins for 25 years l just decrees the dosages because it was giving me leg cramps. I take repatha injections

@orsons

It's a funny thing that I never see that a doctor or vet could get ailments or conditions but of course.....they do! I have same. All happened in 2020 along with Tinnitus Pericarditis IBS Under Active Thyroid Dysmotility Osophaegus. You couldn't make it up. I think it's weird it happened all at same time. The virus I feel caused it all but no tests then so no diagnosis save multi symptoms. Pericarditis gone now but have supraventricular ectopic heart beat! Tell me do animals get all this?

Jump to this post

I have an anomic neuropathy. I had underlying conditions. I took the Covid shots and have no doubt my mind that caused my neuropathy. Lotta studies are pointing towards that too anyway, that’s all I gotta say right now.

Thanks for reply. I got my neuropathy along with other nervous system problems before COVID shots. This to my mind points more towards the not knowing enough about the virus itself yet.

Although I'm not able to produce proof positive, I'm privately convinced my own PN was trying to signal to me long, long, LONG before Covid, possibly as long before as ten years, although it was not until 2022 that an EMG provided me with that proof positive. Until then, I dismissed my now-and-then balance difficulties as a simple – and not especially serious – moment of a minute's long dip in blood pressure; i.e., hardly something worth mentioning to my PCP.

@ray666

Although I'm not able to produce proof positive, I'm privately convinced my own PN was trying to signal to me long, long, LONG before Covid, possibly as long before as ten years, although it was not until 2022 that an EMG provided me with that proof positive. Until then, I dismissed my now-and-then balance difficulties as a simple – and not especially serious – moment of a minute's long dip in blood pressure; i.e., hardly something worth mentioning to my PCP.

Jump to this post

Well, I have autonomic neuropathy, which is a lot more debilitating just to tell you where I’m at. I started at 900 mg of gabapentin and I’m up to 2000 mg. I developed AN A few months after my last Covid shot turns out that I had an underlying condition simply known as the Michael Jackson disease pigmentation and apparently people with underlying auto immune situations popping up all over the place with variations of NPN so yes, the Covid vaccination I responsible but at the same point it saved hundreds of thousand so I guess I can be a martyr The hard realization is once you’ve developed any form of neuropathy you’re pretty much stuck with it for life. There are many ways to learn to deal with it.

@andyjustin

Well, I have autonomic neuropathy, which is a lot more debilitating just to tell you where I’m at. I started at 900 mg of gabapentin and I’m up to 2000 mg. I developed AN A few months after my last Covid shot turns out that I had an underlying condition simply known as the Michael Jackson disease pigmentation and apparently people with underlying auto immune situations popping up all over the place with variations of NPN so yes, the Covid vaccination I responsible but at the same point it saved hundreds of thousand so I guess I can be a martyr The hard realization is once you’ve developed any form of neuropathy you’re pretty much stuck with it for life. There are many ways to learn to deal with it.

Jump to this post

Question for the group. I am taking folic acid and B12z should I also be taking B6 and if so how much?

Please sign in or register to post a reply.