Anyone here dealing with peripheral neuropathy?

Posted by rabbit10 @rabbit10, Apr 9, 2016

Anyone here dealing with peripheral neuropathy?

Interested in more discussions like this? Go to the Neuropathy Support Group.

@freckle1

I"ve discovered a doctor with both Western medicine and acupuncture credentials. About 20 mins walk. Maybe I should give it another go. But I'm not aware of any credible evidence that it works.

Jump to this post

Welcome @freckle1, You mentioned you have Chemo Induced Peripheral Neuropathy. You might find the following discussion helpful:
--- Chemotherapy-induced neuropathy: What helps get rid of it?: https://connect.mayoclinic.org/discussion/chemotherapy-induced-neuropathy/

There are several other CIPN related discussions that might be helpful, here is a link to the search results listing the discussions and comments - https://connect.mayoclinic.org/search/discussions/?search=chemo%20induced%20neuropathy

@stephencroll

I’m a vet ..served on Okinawa and largely escaped the war. I have PN ..Idiopathic. Not much can be done other than exercise to keep my legs strong.
I want to thank you for your service to our country and wish you well as you struggle with you health problems.

Jump to this post

Thank you so very much for your service and to all the Vets here.

@freckle1

Thanks. I have Chemo Induced Peripheral Neuropathy. Gave acupuncture a go for about 6 months. No improvement.

Jump to this post

@freckle1
Have you tried taking Alpha Lipoic Acid and Acetyl L Carnitine supplements for neuropathy pain? They have helped me with some severe small fiber nerve damage/neuropathy pain. I also use Salonpas brand Lidocaine patches (unscented) and capsaicin nerve pain creams.

@dlydailyhope

@freckle1
Have you tried taking Alpha Lipoic Acid and Acetyl L Carnitine supplements for neuropathy pain? They have helped me with some severe small fiber nerve damage/neuropathy pain. I also use Salonpas brand Lidocaine patches (unscented) and capsaicin nerve pain creams.

Jump to this post

Alpha Lipoic Acid has definitely helped some, pregablin helping with none of terrible side effects like Gabapentin did. Haven't tried Acetyl L Carnitine. Solonpas patches didn't help unfortunately. But everyone's body and condition is somewhat different . Trials and Error sadly.

Please sign in or register to post a reply.