Almost 4 Years - No Medical Help for Me Despite My Diligent Efforts

Posted by speechless623 @speechless623, Aug 27, 2020

I live on the West Coast of Florida (Nature Coast). I really need to find Capable, Caring Doctor to correctly Diagnose me so I can regain my life. What medical specialist can properly diagnose and effectively treat a Vestibular Disorder?

Interested in more discussions like this? Go to the Ear, Nose & Throat (ENT) Support Group.

try to get an appointment with a vestibular therapist — he/she would be in the physical therapy department, but you might need to have a referral from your PCP– I learned that the crystals in my ears were out of place — at least you may be able to eliminate that diagnosis


@speechless623, at Mayo Clinic, departments that treat vestibular disorders and balance issues include:
– Audiology
– Neurology
– Neurosurgery
– Otolaryngology (ENT)/Head and Neck Surgery
– Physical Medicine and Rehabilitation
– Psychiatry and Psychology

Balance problems teams include ear, nose and throat (ENT) specialists; specialists in the hearing and balance system of the inner ear (audiologists), the brain and nervous system (neurologists), mental health (psychiatrists and psychologists), and physical medicine and rehabilitation (physiatrists); and physical therapists as needed. These experts work together to provide exactly the care you need.

Having all of this subspecialized expertise in a single place, focused on you, means that you're not getting just one opinion, but getting several. Your care is discussed among the team, your test results are available quickly, and your appointments are scheduled in coordination.

Have you considered an appointment at Mayo Clinic, Florida?

Please sign in or register to post a reply.