Am I missing out? Where did all the emails go?
Comment from a member:
The group I follow and take part in used to be fairly tight knit and responsive to each other, but it has fallen silent. I am unable to follow the threads and figure out what is being answered, etc.
The upgrade to Mayo Clinic Connect in April 2021 removed the reliance on emails so that you receive only the emails you want. Now you will find notifications on the website.
How to get an email for every post
For some groups or blogs, you may wish to get an email or on-site notification for every new post in real time (as they are posted).
To follow a group or blog and get every message in your inbox or on-site notifications:
- Select the group or blog from the Group Directory or Blog Directory.
- Click the ellipsis symbol (⋯) to see Actions for this Group.
- Select Get emails for all new posts in the group.
Mute a discussion thread
Sometimes you may wish to follow a group and get every email, but there is a specific discussion that you’re not interested in. You can stop emails for that discussion by muting it.
- Go to the discussion.
- Click the ellipsis symbol (⋯) below the first post to see Actions for this Discussion, and select Mute this Discussion.
- How to customize your notifications and settings
- How to comment, reply, like, bookmark, and more
- Replies and @mentions: How do I know who is replying to whom?
- Improved Homepage: Your new Connect home base