Am I missing out? Where did all the emails go?
Comment from a member:
The group I follow and take part in used to be fairly tight knit and responsive to each other, but it has fallen silent. I am unable to follow the threads and figure out what is being answered, etc.
The upgrade to Mayo Clinic Connect in April 2021 removed the reliance on emails so that you receive only the emails you want. Now you will find notifications on the website.
How to get an email for every post
For some groups or blogs, you may wish to get an email or on-site notification for every new post in real time (as they are posted).
To follow a group or blog and get every message in your inbox or on-site notifications:
- Select the group or blog from the Group Directory or Blog Directory.
- Click the ellipsis symbol (⋯) to see Actions for this Group.
- Select Get emails for all new posts in the group.
Mute a discussion thread
Sometimes you may wish to follow a group and get every email, but there is a specific discussion that you’re not interested in. You can stop emails for that discussion by muting it.
- Go to the discussion.
- Click the ellipsis symbol (⋯) below the first post to see Actions for this Discussion, and select Mute this Discussion.
- How to customize your notifications and settings
- How to comment, reply, like, bookmark, and more
- Replies and @mentions: How do I know who is replying to whom?
- Improved Homepage: Your new Connect home base
Interested in more newsfeed posts like this? Go to the About Connect: Who, What & Why blog.
Hello, Just want to make sure that I confirm for Brain Tumor?
Hi @tumors, according to your profile, you are following the Brain Tumor group. Can I help connect you with others like you? What type of brain tumor do you have?
Hi Colleen! Yes , any type of primary brain tumor. Thank you so much!
Hi @tumors, Here are a few of the newer brain tumor groups. The easiest way to find a specific discussion on Connect is to use the search feature at the top of the discussions. It is how I found these two discussions.
— Glomus brain tumors (paraganglioma): https://connect.mayoclinic.org/discussion/glomus-brain-tumors-1/
— Are Brain Tumors Heredity?: https://connect.mayoclinic.org/discussion/heredity/
Are you able to share what type of brain tumor you have?
Stage 2 Astrocytoma
Looking for ehlersdanlos and dysphasia comments-
Read conflicting information about using honey thick thickener and puréed food
Hi @merrylyn, please join these discussions about Ehler's Danlos Syndrome and Dysphasia.
– Ehlers Danlos Syndrome (EDS) & HSD, calling all types! https://connect.mayoclinic.org/discussion/edshsd-calling-all-types/
– Ehlers Danlos Syndrome: Can't get diagnosed https://connect.mayoclinic.org/discussion/ehlers-danlos-syndrome-1/
– Ehlers Danlos Syndrome – Who is the best doctor to see? https://connect.mayoclinic.org/discussion/ehlers-danlos-syndrome-new-diagnosis-1/
– Chronic Erythema Nodosum & Ehlers-Danlos Syndrome (EDS) https://connect.mayoclinic.org/discussion/chronic-erythema-nodosum/
– Possible Ehlers-Danlos Syndrome with craniocervical instability https://connect.mayoclinic.org/discussion/possible-ehlers-danlos-syndrome-with-craniocervical-instability/
How do I get response to my question?
Hello @greyghost, Welcome to Connect, an online community where patients and caregivers share their experiences, find support and exchange information with others. When someone replies to a question you have posted in a discussion on Connect, you will receive and email notification. Then all you have to do is scroll to the bottom of the email notification and click the VIEW & REPLY button and it will take you to their post in the discussion where you can continue to ask questions or respond.
Do you mind sharing what you were searching for when you found Connect?