About Connect Volunteer Mentors
Connect Mentors are active members in the community who have first-hand experience with a health condition(s). They are patients, lay caregivers and family members who volunteer to participate regularly in the community, connect members and spread the word about Connect.
Mentors are knowledgeable, compassionate, helpful, and understanding. They ensure Connect is a safe, welcoming place for people to talk about their health experiences, ask questions, find support and share information. Mentors are
- Patients, caregivers or family members
- Active and regular members of Mayo Clinic Connect for at least 3 months
- Passionate about the topics they participate in
- Knowledgeable, empathetic and compassionate
- Have personal experience to contribute to the discussions
- Available and responsive to the groups and discussions they monitor
What do Volunteer Mentors do?
- Welcome and support new members
- Check in on members
- Start discussions and keep them going
- Tell people about Connect within their social networks (on- and offline)
- Work with the community Moderators
- Help with testing and contribute to the improvement of the community platform
Are you interested in becoming a Connect Mentor? Contact the Community Director.