What's outside of your picture window today?

Posted by John, Volunteer Mentor @johnbishop, Nov 25, 2020

As we get ready for the real winter to show up and COVID-19 still playing a major part in our lives I like to spend moments of my day de-stressing about what's going on in the world today. All I have to do is look out the window and observe some of natures beautiful creatures, how they interact and ponder how small it makes my troubles seem. Sometimes I may even get the opportunity to take a photo or two. How about you? Anything going on outside of your window(s) that you want to share?

For those members that have the ability to size your photos before you upload them to the discussion, may I suggest using the following sizes:
– 500 x 335 pixels (landscape)
– 210 x 210 pixels (square)

Interested in more discussions like this? Go to the Just Want to Talk Support Group.

@loribmt

@californiazebra A few sunset pics for you during different seasons.
Late spring when the ice is almost gone for the season.
Summer glow…unfortunately it’s from the Canadian wildfire smoke. Devastating but it makes for incredible sunsets.

The last picture where the sky is light pink with ice on the lake… it was already minus 18 degrees and I was out with the dog. Sunset was a little after 4 pm. Brrrr.

Jump to this post

Beutifural Lori!!!!

This is one of my favorite sunset pictures taken soon after I moved to Colorado from California in 2011. The sky actually looked like it was burning.

@loribmt

Summer glow…unfortunately it’s from the Canadian wildfire smoke. Devastating but it makes for incredible sunsets.

The last picture where the sky is light pink with ice on the lake… it was already minus 18 degrees and I was out with the dog. Sunset was a little after 4 pm. Brrrr.

Jump to this post

Hi Lori @loribmt

Those are gorgeous sunsets! You are correct about the smoke because clouds and smog also make for good sunsets. Thanks for sharing.

@vellen

This is one of my favorite sunset pictures taken soon after I moved to Colorado from California in 2011. The sky actually looked like it was burning.

Jump to this post

@vellen That is a gorgeous sunset! It's kind of a Halloween sunset. Thanks for sharing!

@loribmt

Thank you! I was so excited to see wood ducks this year. The only pictures I have of the pair are from very early mornings and the lighting isn’t good enough to get a color shot. I really have to zoom in from a distance because they sure don’t like their pics taken. But the male will often be out in the sun.
There are different types of mergansers. Hooded and common. The common are larger and resemble loons. The hooded are small and just adorable. We’re in far northern Wisconsin and treated to all kinds of waterfowl, including loons when the ice finally goes off the lake. It was really late this year. There was still ice for opening day of fishing!

Here’s a little mommy hooded merganser and her mess of babies! Two male hooded mergansers, duckies bottom’s up, fuzzy goose bums, and a muskrat having breakfast.

Jump to this post

Hi Lori @loribmt
More great photos of adorable animals. You do have some cute wildlife. Lots of babies. Love the mergansers and the muskrat. Thanks for sharing!

@ess77

@californiazebra, @johnbishop, @grammy82, @gingerw and all...What wonderful pictures of beautiful creatures and lovely landscaping. I love all your photos, and John, your cardinals and oriole are great! I've enjoyed them all so much. Thanks for sharing.
I've been out of pocket for several weeks again with my son and my own health, but keep thinking of you friends. I'll send some new feathered friend photos soon. It takes a lot out of me to keep the feeders clean and fed, but doing pretty well.
Blessings all.
Elizabeth

Jump to this post

Elizabeth @ess77
Glad you're back with us. Blessings to you and your son. Looking forward to more photos from you.

@californiazebra

@vellen That is a gorgeous sunset! It's kind of a Halloween sunset. Thanks for sharing!

Jump to this post

My pleasure. I'll dig more out to post.

@loribmt

Jump to this post

Lori,
Viewing these in the most positive light, stunning beauty can be found in the most unlikely scenarios.

A few more sunsets and the Roan Plateau I find to be beautiful. It's near Grand Junction.

Thanks to all of you for sharing the pictures. It is great to see other parts of the country besides hay fields. The first cutting is well underway and almost done since we have not had much rain to slow things down. I have only a landline but wished I could post pictures to share. Please keep sharing, the pictures are wonderful. KLH

Please sign in or register to post a reply.