What's outside of your picture window today?

Posted by John, Volunteer Mentor @johnbishop, Nov 25, 2020

As we get ready for the real winter to show up and COVID-19 still playing a major part in our lives I like to spend moments of my day de-stressing about what's going on in the world today. All I have to do is look out the window and observe some of natures beautiful creatures, how they interact and ponder how small it makes my troubles seem. Sometimes I may even get the opportunity to take a photo or two. How about you? Anything going on outside of your window(s) that you want to share?

For those members that have the ability to size your photos before you upload them to the discussion, may I suggest using the following sizes:
– 500 x 335 pixels (landscape)
– 210 x 210 pixels (square)

Interested in more discussions like this? Go to the Just Want to Talk Support Group.

Egret! The other day I was walking on the path next to our little creek enjoying the rushing water after the rain. When I looked on the other side of me, this 2 foot tall egret (snowy egret I think) was just walking right beside me looking up at me with curious eyes. If I stopped, it stopped. If I walked, it walked. Cutest thing ever! So fluffy!

@alive

I moved to Arizona from Michigan and miss my hostas too! I am not a Master Gardener, but I like learning more about the plants I plant here. Last year I bought a bunch of drought tolerant plants and most of them not only survived, but thrived. One little plant disappeared soon after I planted it. I was very surprised to see it come back this spring. Here is the picture of my back-from-the-dead plant.

Jump to this post

@alive welcome to AZ!
I see you have wood chips around your pretty plant and I am guessing you are not in the desert areas.
The “dreaded” gravel keeps the moisture from floating away like a whisper. Life in the desert is a different beast to tame!
Enjoy!

@SusanEllen66

@alive welcome to AZ!
I see you have wood chips around your pretty plant and I am guessing you are not in the desert areas.
The “dreaded” gravel keeps the moisture from floating away like a whisper. Life in the desert is a different beast to tame!
Enjoy!

Jump to this post

I am in the desert, in Tucson, but I bought a truck load of top soil mixed with compost for my flower beds and I use woodchips to trap the moisture for my plants. Front yard, pathways and uncultivated areas of my yard are gravel. It’s a challenging to have a nice yard, but I am winning so far!

@californiazebra

Egret! The other day I was walking on the path next to our little creek enjoying the rushing water after the rain. When I looked on the other side of me, this 2 foot tall egret (snowy egret I think) was just walking right beside me looking up at me with curious eyes. If I stopped, it stopped. If I walked, it walked. Cutest thing ever! So fluffy!

Jump to this post

Beautiful bird! Thanks for sharing the photo.

@californiazebra

Jump to this post

@californiazebra , @johnbishop, @jakeduckduck1, @loribmt, and all...Hello, my friends. Been off line for a bit getting my son and self better. Some tough months, but leveling g some.
California, love your bird! Egrets are one of my favorites. I'm in Florida, see them often. But, I had a similar encounter a few months ago that blew me away. We were in a very difficult time,I was sitting in my car waiting for my I'll son to come and go to a doc appt. The 1st pic bow is the white angel that came to me and stayed with me looking at me until he came out. It happened 2 different days! Same place. Same circumstance. Can't help but brevet the good Lord was sending me a love message!
Then, had to send a couple if pics of my Samantha looking out my bedroom window. You can see one of my rescue plants that's happy and thriving now. No idea what it is, but love it.
Enjoy! Be blessed. Elizabeth

@ess77

@californiazebra , @johnbishop, @jakeduckduck1, @loribmt, and all...Hello, my friends. Been off line for a bit getting my son and self better. Some tough months, but leveling g some.
California, love your bird! Egrets are one of my favorites. I'm in Florida, see them often. But, I had a similar encounter a few months ago that blew me away. We were in a very difficult time,I was sitting in my car waiting for my I'll son to come and go to a doc appt. The 1st pic bow is the white angel that came to me and stayed with me looking at me until he came out. It happened 2 different days! Same place. Same circumstance. Can't help but brevet the good Lord was sending me a love message!
Then, had to send a couple if pics of my Samantha looking out my bedroom window. You can see one of my rescue plants that's happy and thriving now. No idea what it is, but love it.

Jump to this post

@california12 azebra , @johnbishop, @jakedduck1jakedduck1, @loribmt, and all...pics of Samantha didn't go. Here they are...

@ess77

Jump to this post

So good to hear from you Elizabeth. Sending you lots of cyber hugs my friend. Thanks for sharing the beautiful pictures with us.

@ess77

Jump to this post

Hello Elizabeth! It’s really great to see you back here with us! You’ve been missed. 😽 I know you and your son have been having some very challenging times the past couple of years so it’s a relief to hear that things are improving for both of you.
The egret is gorgeous and sometimes we do get these little signs that give us a ‘moment’…I have those too! Difficult to explain to others but we know it when we feel it, right? 😊

And Miss Samantha is a very pretty kitty and a lucky girl to have a perfect window seat to check on all the birds, squirrels and other critters outside.
I hope everything stays on the upswing for you, my friend.
Right now, out my picture window…no egrets…just white snow coming down on my daffodils. Sigh. 🙄

@loribmt

Hello Elizabeth! It’s really great to see you back here with us! You’ve been missed. 😽 I know you and your son have been having some very challenging times the past couple of years so it’s a relief to hear that things are improving for both of you.
The egret is gorgeous and sometimes we do get these little signs that give us a ‘moment’…I have those too! Difficult to explain to others but we know it when we feel it, right? 😊

And Miss Samantha is a very pretty kitty and a lucky girl to have a perfect window seat to check on all the birds, squirrels and other critters outside.
I hope everything stays on the upswing for you, my friend.
Right now, out my picture window…no egrets…just white snow coming down on my daffodils. Sigh. 🙄

Jump to this post

Oh Dear, Lorie - That is why I am steadfast in staying South until May - temps in the 80's at home all last week, followed by snow, the a little sleety rain.
My grandson reportedly got up Sunday morning, looked out the front window, and said "Mom, did we miss Spring and Summer?"
Sue

Please sign in or register to post a reply.