What's outside of your picture window today?

Posted by John, Volunteer Mentor @johnbishop, Nov 25, 2020

As we get ready for the real winter to show up and COVID-19 still playing a major part in our lives I like to spend moments of my day de-stressing about what's going on in the world today. All I have to do is look out the window and observe some of natures beautiful creatures, how they interact and ponder how small it makes my troubles seem. Sometimes I may even get the opportunity to take a photo or two. How about you? Anything going on outside of your window(s) that you want to share?

For those members that have the ability to size your photos before you upload them to the discussion, may I suggest using the following sizes:
– 500 x 335 pixels (landscape)
– 210 x 210 pixels (square)

Interested in more discussions like this? Go to the Just Want to Talk Support Group.

@writer

yes, beautiful! I will take a walk on the beach later. Never experienced 58 degrees in CT in January. A nice New Year's gift

Jump to this post

Simply delightful!

Woody is back! I think he is loading up for the next big storm coming in tomorrow night.

@johnbishop

Woody is back! I think he is loading up for the next big storm coming in tomorrow night.

Jump to this post

Such a lovely one!

Don't see too many of those where I am. Thanks for sharing. I treated myself to a magazine called Birds and Blooms. 2 of my favorites things. It has the most exquisite photos!

@johnbishop

Jump to this post

@johnbishop Thankfully we dropped the two big trees that were dangerous. They lay on the ground as we wait for drier weather to cut them up. Today we are having heavy rain and a chance of snow flurries. Yesterday I cut the roses back, and hoping I didn't cut them too far! What I can't get is how the weeds continue to grow, even in winter. I also need to trim back the Japanese burberry before they start their spring growth.
Ginger

@adr

Such a lovely one!

Don't see too many of those where I am. Thanks for sharing. I treated myself to a magazine called Birds and Blooms. 2 of my favorites things. It has the most exquisite photos!

Jump to this post

I get the Birds and Bloom emails all of the time. Love the photos and articles on the birds!

@gingerw

@johnbishop Thankfully we dropped the two big trees that were dangerous. They lay on the ground as we wait for drier weather to cut them up. Today we are having heavy rain and a chance of snow flurries. Yesterday I cut the roses back, and hoping I didn't cut them too far! What I can't get is how the weeds continue to grow, even in winter. I also need to trim back the Japanese burberry before they start their spring growth.
Ginger

Jump to this post

Sigh, I could go for some heavy, warm rain right now to melt the 2" of ice on my driveway 🙃. I've got about half of my driveway cleaned off by using an ice scraper and a push shovel for the past 3 days. I used a couple of bags of small pea rock (granite pebbles) that I sprinkled on the rest of the driveway so I could walk to my utility garage where I keep my tractor with snowblower attached. So happy I invested in another set of weights for the back (total of 6 now at 50lbs each) plus having new chains put on the tires and had them filled with antifreeze fluid for even more weight. Works really well now anytime it's a little icy. We're supposed to get another 5 to 8 inches o snow by late tomorrow afternoon.

@johnbishop

I get the Birds and Bloom emails all of the time. Love the photos and articles on the birds!

Jump to this post

Me too! Love the photos.

I think your photos should be in there! I just signed up for their email and looking forward to receiving them.

Still awaiting for winter to begin in my area. Temps almost at 60 today, lots of sun, windy. I would like to see a bit of snow though. I would like winter to look like winter.

@hearttoheart1

Morning
We are now into Christmas week
I want to take this opportunity to wish you all a happy and peaceful Christmas
I has been a trying and sad year for me,but I am surrounded by the kindest people ready to advise and support me
For that I am truly grateful
Let’s hope 2023 will be better for all of us
Take care
🥰

Jump to this post

@loribmt
I think it is important to say the attention you give to all of us is truly priceless.
you talk ,support and advise us your ‘extended family ‘every day with such love and care
Personally you have been and still are a beacon to me,
you may be far away but I feel you near with your prompt reply always, …so supportive.
For that I want to say a big ‘thank you’ from the bottom of my heart
You have been through so much yourself , but your enthusiasm for living is contagious.
I am a better person because of you 😊
God Bless you always
I think I speak on behalf of many too
Spring is here
Embrace it
Keep talking
Keep walking 💖😊🌷🌺💐🌼

@hearttoheart1

@loribmt
I think it is important to say the attention you give to all of us is truly priceless.
you talk ,support and advise us your ‘extended family ‘every day with such love and care
Personally you have been and still are a beacon to me,
you may be far away but I feel you near with your prompt reply always, …so supportive.
For that I want to say a big ‘thank you’ from the bottom of my heart
You have been through so much yourself , but your enthusiasm for living is contagious.
I am a better person because of you 😊
God Bless you always
I think I speak on behalf of many too
Spring is here
Embrace it
Keep talking
Keep walking 💖😊🌷🌺💐🌼

Jump to this post

My dear @hearttoheart1, I’ve always felt a kindred spirit with you because you and I first started talking not long after I officially became a mentor 2 years ago. Your story with your beloved Michael moved me to tears more than once. I felt honored to be able to walk by your side during some of your most difficult moments.

I don’t always follow the groups in which you’re active because they’re not my area of experience. But I do take a peek sometimes to see if I see the name @hearttoheart1 pops up. I need to know you’re ok. ☺️
I’m so happy to know you’re doing well and helping out other members now when you’re in the position to bring your own sunshine into our forum!

Your words have moved me to tears and I’m so grateful for your gracious and kind comments. Knowing that I’ve been able to offer encouragement, love and support and how it has impacted you is the most rewarding experience. Again, thank you so much for you thoughtfulness. It means the world to me. ❤️ ☺️

Please sign in or register to post a reply.