What's outside of your picture window today?

Posted by John, Volunteer Mentor @johnbishop, Nov 25, 2020

As we get ready for the real winter to show up and COVID-19 still playing a major part in our lives I like to spend moments of my day de-stressing about what's going on in the world today. All I have to do is look out the window and observe some of natures beautiful creatures, how they interact and ponder how small it makes my troubles seem. Sometimes I may even get the opportunity to take a photo or two. How about you? Anything going on outside of your window(s) that you want to share?

For those members that have the ability to size your photos before you upload them to the discussion, may I suggest using the following sizes:
– 500 x 335 pixels (landscape)
– 210 x 210 pixels (square)

Interested in more discussions like this? Go to the Just Want to Talk Support Group.

@artscaping
Don't you have a home in Northern CA by the beach or do I have you mixed up with someone else?
I think it might have been our friend Jim who used to live in Merced. At least I know someone here did.
Jake

We have blessed rain today! The clouds are giant grey and white puff balls floating around the sky. All of this is such a treat for a desert dweller like me.
I never, ever complain about rain.

@jakedduck1

@artscaping
Don't you have a home in Northern CA by the beach or do I have you mixed up with someone else?
I think it might have been our friend Jim who used to live in Merced. At least I know someone here did.
Jake

Jump to this post

Hi Jake,
Unfortunately, I don't know a Jim that lived in Merced. Would @johnbishop know Jim? I spent 23 years on a San Jacinto mountaintop in a village called Idyllwild. I also went to Fresno State and UOP in Stockton. Santa Cruz was my high school beach town. And yes, Yosemite was my true CA home. Loved being up there hiking the falls. I even was there when they used to build a huge fire on El Capitan and push it over the edge to create a Fire Fall. Anything else to share with me? This is the first time I have spoken about my San Joaquin Valley childhood.

Chris

Can't believe how so many people have lived in so many different places! I'm a real "stick in the mud"...bought this house over 60 years ago for my parents' retirement place, bought a nearby small house for me on weekends. After both my parents had died, I sold the little house, kept this acreage and crummy beach house. Finally sold the house in Portland and moved here full time nine years ago. Lotta memories here!

My daughter and son-in-law have just finally managed to buy back the house he grew up in, spent time in most of his life. He was raised by his grandparents; after his grandfather died, he went to the house every morning to share breakfast with his grandmother, who lived well into her 90s. She willed the house to her son in the Bay area; he died a few years later, willing the house to, get this, his second wife, her daughter, and his son (my son-in-law). Two of them in the Bay area, my son-in-law in Portland. The sale has just gone through, and his stepmother plans to have most of the furniture moved to her big house in the Bay area, which is great. Even better, she doesn't want the smaller pieces, most of which are really old and interesting, full of memories. My daughter and son-in-law are having some remodeling done, then will move in to the house he's known almost his entire life. My daughter will be back living on the street where she grew up, too! Obviously, we're all the kind who never move very far! I've never lived more than 80 miles from the house where I was a kid. So it's amazing that so many people don't have the solid roots all of us have!

Our temperature today are 60 degrees and warmer in some places. So I am seeing abundant sunshine and some green leaves popping up through the ground. Of course they confused. Here in NY, this is not normal. But I will take it. A beautiful view of things to come!

@adr

Our temperature today are 60 degrees and warmer in some places. So I am seeing abundant sunshine and some green leaves popping up through the ground. Of course they confused. Here in NY, this is not normal. But I will take it. A beautiful view of things to come!

Jump to this post

4 NEW YORK 60 degrees is totally not normal. But enjoy the day. Here in South Carolina it's over cast and misty. The new year is just hours away - 🎉

@goingon75

4 NEW YORK 60 degrees is totally not normal. But enjoy the day. Here in South Carolina it's over cast and misty. The new year is just hours away - 🎉

Jump to this post

No sun today, rain on the way. Mist and low visibility is expected. Temps still mild.

I guess we will just have to take their word for it that the ball has dropped in Times Square at midnight. Hopefully it won't be that bad.

Happy New Year!!

30 degrees at 8:30am

The ground is 50% white and crunchy. The sun is shining, so hopefully we can do a walk later today.

It is low 40s outside, with about an inch of rain in the last 24 hrs. Overcast skies , but no threat of snow.

Outside our picture window, a local contractor parked his excavator overnight, in view of the security cameras and motion detectors. We recently bought two overgrown vacant lots abutting our property. Overgrown is an understatement, as they haven't been touched on 15 years. He is clearing out the wild blackberries, and will also drop a couple of trees that threaten to fall this winter. We don't need a skylight in our house courtesy of a downed tree! I will miss the one but the know it will be safer, and it is pretty dead anyway. We will be able to harvest the firewood.
Ginger

@adr

Jump to this post

yes, beautiful! I will take a walk on the beach later. Never experienced 58 degrees in CT in January. A nice New Year's gift

Please sign in or register to post a reply.