What's outside of your picture window today?

Posted by John, Volunteer Mentor @johnbishop, Nov 25, 2020

As we get ready for the real winter to show up and COVID-19 still playing a major part in our lives I like to spend moments of my day de-stressing about what's going on in the world today. All I have to do is look out the window and observe some of natures beautiful creatures, how they interact and ponder how small it makes my troubles seem. Sometimes I may even get the opportunity to take a photo or two. How about you? Anything going on outside of your window(s) that you want to share?

For those members that have the ability to size your photos before you upload them to the discussion, may I suggest using the following sizes:
– 500 x 335 pixels (landscape)
– 210 x 210 pixels (square)

Interested in more discussions like this? Go to the Just Want to Talk Support Group.

@loribmt

@artist01 @ess77 @jakedduck1 @artscaping @sueinmn and pals… Jack Frost was nipping at the plants this morning! And now that the summer foliage is gone, look at the gorgeous moss on this log!!

Jump to this post

Jack Frost sure did show up!! Gorgeous images, Lori.

Here, it is a Gorgeous sunny 75 degrees.

@ybbbm

Here, it is a Gorgeous sunny 75 degrees.

Jump to this post

Sweeeeeet! Did you paint this amazing picture?

@auntieoakley

Sweeeeeet! Did you paint this amazing picture?

Jump to this post

Glad you like it.With Photoshop, I modified this photo of my back porch. It’s so peaceful back there and so these photos have a calming effect on me.

Chilly enough for frozen sparkly beads to form on the lake weeds in northern Wisconsin. @ess77, @jakedduck1 you don’t have this where you live! @artist01, it won’t be long until you get the familiar cold winds up there! ☺️

@loribmt

Chilly enough for frozen sparkly beads to form on the lake weeds in northern Wisconsin. @ess77, @jakedduck1 you don’t have this where you live! @artist01, it won’t be long until you get the familiar cold winds up there! ☺️

Jump to this post

@loribmt
Looks sorta like my freezer. I think it's too full.
Guess the ducks haven't returned yet.
Jake

@jakedduck1

@loribmt
Looks sorta like my freezer. I think it's too full.
Guess the ducks haven't returned yet.
Jake

Jump to this post

The duckies are long gone for the season. 😉

@loribmt

Jump to this post

@loribmt, @jakedduck1 ,@ess77. Love the string of tiny icicles hanging from that log, Lori. Great pictures!
AND, our winds are HOWLING out there tonight! With rain too. We're expecting what the TV news called
"a weather bomb", tomorrow. The north end of our Vancouver Island may get winds up to 120 (hurricane level). Here, in the mid-island area, we can expect 50 to 70 tonight and tomorrow. Yikes. It's been awful weather here pretty much all month. Dark and rainy.
Wellll, we do choose to live in a rain forest! 😊
I get my Covid booster shot tomorrow. I received a letter from our Provincial Health Officer saying I am
"clinically extremely vulnerable with respect to Covid 19". I knew that! 🤣 My 1st shot (Moderna) was fine, no side effect, but the 4th day after the 2nd Moderna, I was feeling so nauseated and dizzy, I could barely eat or drink for five days. I sure hope the booster goes a bit easier, although I realize a good reaction means I built up lots of antibodies!!
Are any of you going for that third jab? I think you should! Hugs and warm thoughts. Laurie

@artist01

@loribmt, @jakedduck1 ,@ess77. Love the string of tiny icicles hanging from that log, Lori. Great pictures!
AND, our winds are HOWLING out there tonight! With rain too. We're expecting what the TV news called
"a weather bomb", tomorrow. The north end of our Vancouver Island may get winds up to 120 (hurricane level). Here, in the mid-island area, we can expect 50 to 70 tonight and tomorrow. Yikes. It's been awful weather here pretty much all month. Dark and rainy.
Wellll, we do choose to live in a rain forest! 😊
I get my Covid booster shot tomorrow. I received a letter from our Provincial Health Officer saying I am
"clinically extremely vulnerable with respect to Covid 19". I knew that! 🤣 My 1st shot (Moderna) was fine, no side effect, but the 4th day after the 2nd Moderna, I was feeling so nauseated and dizzy, I could barely eat or drink for five days. I sure hope the booster goes a bit easier, although I realize a good reaction means I built up lots of antibodies!!
Are any of you going for that third jab? I think you should! Hugs and warm thoughts. Laurie

Jump to this post

Good luck with # 3 Laurie!! Hopefully no nausea for you this time. But it is important to ‘git er done’. 😉 My booster will be mid-December.

I had my Moderna booster at Mayo a few days ago. I was fine after the first jab. After the second one, I was pretty sick for awhile. After the booster, I was just achy for about a day. Very grateful to have received it. Hope it works out for you. 🙂

Please sign in or register to post a reply.