Chronic Pain members - Welcome, please introduce yourself

Posted by Kelsey Mohring @kelseydm, Apr 27, 2016

Welcome to the new Chronic Pain group.

I’m Kelsey and I’m the moderator of the group. I look forwarding to welcoming you and introducing you to other members. Feel free to browse the topics or start a new one.

Why not take a minute and introduce yourself.

Interested in more discussions like this? Go to the Chronic Pain Support Group.

Hello, I am a new member to this group. For many years, I've had mild-moderate fibromylagia, exercised for it and kept myself in motion. As with sciatica. Of late, GERD has been another source of pain below the ribs. It looks as if my damage control is not working well anymore and I am looking to connect for information and support. Thank you.

Hello. I'm 62 I've been suffering with chronic back pain from scoliosis for 12 years. I also have chronic costochondritis and drs can't help me. I'm at the pain clinic monthly for trigger point injections of sarapin or steroids. No narcotics for me. The struggle is real.

@bmc149zinc

I’m sorry for your symptoms. I have migraine and spine issues.
Migraines are managed with Nurtec and Rizatriptan. Spine issues are spondylitis ,bulging disc and now osteoporosis.
I moved back to northeast and I have not found any true pain management like I had in south Florida! I live on Tylenol 500 mg vitamins water and MMJ.

Jump to this post

I take tramadol and gabapentin and Cannabis for back and leg pain. They help but the tramadol is best but the doctor is very stingy with prescriptions

I really wish they would spend money on Pain Management businesses. Florida has Pain Management offices that are great.

I'm looking for any advice for lymphedema in my right foot and leg. After 6 surgeries on my toe, and having it fused because there was bone on bone, the lymph glands are damaged. The sugeon and PT are very good, but they say the lymphedema may never go away. I have a few moments a day that I am not in too much pain, but that's not for long. I have a pump and leg sleeves on order, to use for the next five years. This is cronic and can cause cancer if untreated. Naprosyn helps just enough to let me walk, but I hate that no one can understand how much it hurts. You all have pain as bad or worse and I'm thankful that I have my legs. GOD is my strength. How do I do better? Thank you all.

@suzig

I'm looking for any advice for lymphedema in my right foot and leg. After 6 surgeries on my toe, and having it fused because there was bone on bone, the lymph glands are damaged. The sugeon and PT are very good, but they say the lymphedema may never go away. I have a few moments a day that I am not in too much pain, but that's not for long. I have a pump and leg sleeves on order, to use for the next five years. This is cronic and can cause cancer if untreated. Naprosyn helps just enough to let me walk, but I hate that no one can understand how much it hurts. You all have pain as bad or worse and I'm thankful that I have my legs. GOD is my strength. How do I do better? Thank you all.

Jump to this post

Hello @suzig, Welcome to Connect. I'm so sorry you have pain with your lymphedema. I have lymphedema in my legs and have to wear compression socks daily as the treatment. They help control the swelling and even though they are not painful, I always feel the squeezing on my legs and it's a relief to take them off at bedtime. Another thing I do is elevate my legs slightly on the bed at night which helps the lymph system get the fluids out of the system. Exercise along with drinking a lot of water also helps the system from what I've read.

There is an older discussion that has a few members still active that you might want to view to learn what others have shared here:
-- Lower limb lymphedema: https://connect.mayoclinic.org/discussion/lypmhedema/

@keona619

Hello. I'm 62 I've been suffering with chronic back pain from scoliosis for 12 years. I also have chronic costochondritis and drs can't help me. I'm at the pain clinic monthly for trigger point injections of sarapin or steroids. No narcotics for me. The struggle is real.

Jump to this post

Hello @keona619. I'm sorry to hear of your chronic pain. Have you looked in to Mayo Clinic's Pain Rehabilitation Center? There are 3 locations, MN, AZ and FL. Back pain is definitely on their list of treatable conditions.

Congratulations on not using narcotics. What are some of the ways you currently manage pain?

@rwinney

Hello @keona619. I'm sorry to hear of your chronic pain. Have you looked in to Mayo Clinic's Pain Rehabilitation Center? There are 3 locations, MN, AZ and FL. Back pain is definitely on their list of treatable conditions.

Congratulations on not using narcotics. What are some of the ways you currently manage pain?

Jump to this post

Thank you. However I live in Tx

@keona619

Thank you. However I live in Tx

Jump to this post

Hmm... living in Texas may be challenging, but not impossible if you have good insurance and can swing travel expenses. Have you seen Dr. Sletten's presentation about chronic pain and Central Sensitization Syndrome? He is who enticed me to want to attend the rehabilitation program.

I attended the 3 week Pain Rehab Center in FL and traveled from NY. I waited until I was eligible for Medicare and then specifically chose an insurance plan to accommodate out of network the year I went. It took some creative planning but was worth it.

12 years is a long time to manage chronic symptoms. How are things going for you?

@drg24242

I did try a spinal cord stimulator trial made by Abboit,sp?, in mid November but it did not work. Of course the doctor, whom is supposed to be the best around here, want's me to come and try another manufacturer, but my attitude is that if he felt another manufacturer would help , he would of used it the first time. Just trying to make money!
I also heard from a close friend of my sisters today, That she see's the same doctor I am supposed to see on 1/9/23 that she see's him for knee pain and doubt's if he will know anything about CRPS. Another road block but I'll keep the appointment unles I can find anyone else.
I know that I should be going to a Mayo facility but my financesses will not permit. Thank's for listening. Darryl

Jump to this post

Hi Rachel and everyone. My CRPS is continuing to progress. It started on left upper body and in last week continued now to right upper body and in last 48 hours into my left toe.
I saw on this sight a treatment called Ketamine Pain Treatments. I've followed up and found that the head doctor at UPMC Pittsburgh, Pa. pain manag ,Where I live, does these and called his office this morning. His nurse told me that he was booked until late January. I explained my situation. I recieved a call back an hour later that they had a cancellation. on 1/9/23. I jumped at it. I understand that the Ketamine treatment is not covered buy any insurance.
Any idea how much each treatment will cost me? Depending on haw much I may have to do a reverse mortgage on my home.Pleae respond from anyone as how much this will cost me. Please advise. Thank's Darryl

Please sign in or register to post a reply.