Chronic Pain members - Welcome, please introduce yourself

Posted by Kelsey Mohring @kelseydm, Apr 27, 2016

Welcome to the new Chronic Pain group.

I’m Kelsey and I’m the moderator of the group. I look forwarding to welcoming you and introducing you to other members. Feel free to browse the topics or start a new one.

Why not take a minute and introduce yourself.

Interested in more discussions like this? Go to the Chronic Pain Support Group.

@grandmar

@jannix59
Hi Jan,
I had C5/6 replaced with artificial discs at the end of February. It went VERY well and took pain meds usually once a day for about a week.
This past Monday I had an EXTREME-Lift on L3/4. I have a 2 inch (or so) incision.
I walk with a walker, for now. I have TERRIBLE pain on the top side of my thigh. It gets so bad I need ed a pain pill.
The neurosurgeon told me that, ampng other things, can happen...pain, numbness, tingling, etc. Some are temporary, some are not. I do not know what constitutes temporary.
I was told I could get these because during the procedure, nerves and internal organs and body parts are moved around . Like I said, I know you didn't have the same thing but the end could be the same.
Ronnie (GRANDMAr)

Jump to this post

@grandmar. Ronnie did I post you about the nerve cream?

@lioness
Hi
No, I don't remember you posting anything about a nerve cream.
Ronnie

@grandmar

@lioness
Hi
No, I don't remember you posting anything about a nerve cream.
Ronnie

Jump to this post

@grandmar my nerves into my thighs are damaged from back fracture I found a nerve cream that really helps me its called My Pain Away Fibro cream by Topricin I get it at CVS.Its also good for neuropathy once a day and usually no more then this And 3% goes to research in fibromyalgia.

Hi my name's Alan. I have terrible pain. All over. Double diagnosed severe depression. Double diagnosed PTSD . Losing eyesight. My lower legs look like their got rot off. I'm in a fog all the time. Not a half hour in a day goes by that I don't wanna just end it. But I cant. I have kids. In 2005 I was diagnosed with Hep C. For the next six months i was put on the alpha2b treatment. Interferon\Ribivarin.If I had known what this medicine was gonna do to me. I would never have takin it. Totally blew my candle out. I was told I might have some fleu like symptoms. But that would go away. Both medicines were takin off the market Feb 1 2017.

@lioness

@grandmar my nerves into my thighs are damaged from back fracture I found a nerve cream that really helps me its called My Pain Away Fibro cream by Topricin I get it at CVS.Its also good for neuropathy once a day and usually no more then this And 3% goes to research in fibromyalgia.

Jump to this post

@lioness I am going to look into this cream. It may help my right knee, which has osteoarthritis pretty good. Steroid injections have not helped, nor have lidocaine patches. I use BenGay type creams that usually help, and CBD oil orally to deal with the discomfort. Hoping a knee replacement is not on the horizon, as any surgery is a risk for my kidneys. Gosh, I love the aging process - not!
Ginger

@growly

Hi my name's Alan. I have terrible pain. All over. Double diagnosed severe depression. Double diagnosed PTSD . Losing eyesight. My lower legs look like their got rot off. I'm in a fog all the time. Not a half hour in a day goes by that I don't wanna just end it. But I cant. I have kids. In 2005 I was diagnosed with Hep C. For the next six months i was put on the alpha2b treatment. Interferon\Ribivarin.If I had known what this medicine was gonna do to me. I would never have takin it. Totally blew my candle out. I was told I might have some fleu like symptoms. But that would go away. Both medicines were takin off the market Feb 1 2017.

Jump to this post

Hi @growly, I'm glad you found Connect. I'd like to direct you to a few conversations in the community that I think might interest you:
- Anyone Else With PTSD? https://connect.mayoclinic.org/discussion/anyone-else-with-ptsd/
- Long term depression https://connect.mayoclinic.org/discussion/long-term-depression/
- After Hep C Treatment https://connect.mayoclinic.org/discussion/people-cured-from-hep-c-harvoni/
- Post Interferon Syndrome https://connect.mayoclinic.org/discussion/post-interferon-syndrome/

@growly

Jump to this post

@growly
Hello Alan,
Welcome to our group.
I am so sorry for all you are going through.
I am happy you know and understand that when you take your own life, you leave behind your loved ones to deal with it and live with it the rest of their lives.
I am not a doctor nor am I in the medical field.
However, with all that is going on with you medically, physically and psychologically, it sounds to me that you need some therapy and fast.
Why fast? Even though you say you wouldn't hurt yourself because of your kids, you are at that level of even thinking about it. That's pretty far.
Please, if you have the insurance, look for a good therapist to help you
Just so you should know, it is not unusual for things to get worse before they get better when you seek therapy.
Also, if you do not have coverage for psychological therapy, call some hospitals.
Some have sliding payments that are adjusted to your earnings (or not).
Good luck and keep us posted on your journey

Ronnie (GRANDMAr)

@lioness

Jump to this post

@lioness
Thank you!
Ronnie

Hi, I’m Chris from Nj. I’m a 43yrs male. I’ve been plagued by stomach pain and diarrhea for most of my life but my real journey started When I got attacked in 2010 while working as a correction officer. Totally wrecked my back, herniated disc in cervical and lumbar areas in spine. Also broke my hand. I had to retire due to my injuries. But I fought on. A week into retirement, I got hand foot and mouth virus bad. It was such an odd case it was printed in medical journals by university of penn. But I fought on. Then in 2012 I was diagnosed with stage 4b thymoma cancer. I fought hard despite the grim outlook. Then in 2013 I was diagnosed with an autoimmune disease called myasthenia gravis. The docs don’t think mg is painful but trust me they are wrong. My legs hurt really bad. I get about 2hrs of sleep and then I’m awoken by the pain in my legs. I need to rub my legs and turn to my other side so the leg can recover. I do that all night, every night. The fight is getting hard now but I fight on for my wife and kids. Then in 2014 I needed to get a colostomy bag. My gastro problems are now @ the top of my list for all my pains. The colostomy was more than I could handle. Both physically and emotionally. I lost my will to fight. I wanted to tap out. Because my gastro problems, pain killers are not an option for me. I was on a medication called marinol whiched helped with my pain and my gastro issue. It helped me fight but Nj got a new prescription company called optumRx. So after 5yrs of being on marinol, optumRx stopped it because I was using it off label(it’s a very expensive med). OptumRx could care less that the docs originally gave me 10 yrs to live. Immediately I was back in the er scene. Extreme stomach pain. As of yet, I still don’t have a real stomach diagnosis. The pain got so loud in my head that I couldn’t function. I stopped caring about everything. I stopped showering. I stopped hanging out with my friends. A nurse suggested medical marijuana. I was initially against it because my entire life was devoted to law enforcement. But chronic pain is the hardest fight of my life. I was down over 30lbs in just a few months. I felt like I was dying. So I finally gave in. It was the best decision that I ever made. It helped me with my back. It helped me with my mg, it helped me with my sleep, it helped me with my appetite, it helped me with my mood, it helped me with all my pain. My wife said she got her husband back. I know some of my law enforcement friends think marijuana is just for getting high and people pretend to be sick to get a prescription. Yes, people do but I’m not one of those people. Marijuana has saved my life and I’ll argue that point to anyone. Marijuana needs to be explored much more and we need the federal government to ease the restrictions so that the great docs can conduct research. I’m alive because of marijuana. I use the marijuana oils so I don’t harm my lungs. I happy to say that I’m still in the fight and I’m fighting on.

@gingerw

@lioness I am going to look into this cream. It may help my right knee, which has osteoarthritis pretty good. Steroid injections have not helped, nor have lidocaine patches. I use BenGay type creams that usually help, and CBD oil orally to deal with the discomfort. Hoping a knee replacement is not on the horizon, as any surgery is a risk for my kidneys. Gosh, I love the aging process - not!
Ginger

Jump to this post

@gingerw Its not fun for sure This is suppose to be our golden years ha,only this ng golden is our URINE hope the cream helps

Please sign in or register to post a reply.