Chronic Pain members - Welcome, please introduce yourself

Posted by Kelsey Mohring @kelseydm, Apr 27, 2016

Welcome to the new Chronic Pain group.

I’m Kelsey and I’m the moderator of the group. I look forwarding to welcoming you and introducing you to other members. Feel free to browse the topics or start a new one.

Why not take a minute and introduce yourself.

Interested in more discussions like this? Go to the Chronic Pain Support Group.

@gailb

@grandmar

I'm so sorry to read that your pain is still acute. Having been there off and on for 12 years, with the final acute attack resulting in a wheelchair and laminectomy 2 months later. Pain medications didn't really work for me either. Acute pain is caused by spinal cord impingement I think, so you can't medicate that away. I can relate to what you're going through. I hope your test reveals the problem and that you find relief and comfort from a resolution of your pain. I will be waiting to read about your results. You remain positive even in pain which is amazing.

Gail
Volunteer Mentor

Jump to this post

Oh it will. Let us know how it goes

@gailb

@grandmar

I'm so sorry to read that your pain is still acute. Having been there off and on for 12 years, with the final acute attack resulting in a wheelchair and laminectomy 2 months later. Pain medications didn't really work for me either. Acute pain is caused by spinal cord impingement I think, so you can't medicate that away. I can relate to what you're going through. I hope your test reveals the problem and that you find relief and comfort from a resolution of your pain. I will be waiting to read about your results. You remain positive even in pain which is amazing.

Gail
Volunteer Mentor

Jump to this post

@lioness

My experience with Gabapentin was terrible. The side effects for me were: loss of balance, memory loss, brain fog. I seriously thought I was getting Alzheimers! I only was taking 2 300 mg/day. When my doctor added a third 300 mg per day, the first day after, I had a small car accident. I was so confused and kind of lost in my mind. I decided after that I wanted off Gabapentin, and I withdrew myself from it. My pain doctor wasn't happy that I wanted to stop it, so I had to ask my pharmacist about how to stop it. It was hard to get off, but I did it. After I was off it, I noticed that I actually had Less pain without it. I wouldn't recommend taking it, but each us is different. FYI: If she wants to change you to Lyrica, it basically the same drug. Did you ask about getting a DNA test before medication? Gabapentin might work great for y, but it didn't for me.

@gailb

@grandmar

Gail
Volunteer Mentor

Jump to this post

@gailb no I didn't but if this doesn't work I,ll ask her about itLet you know

Good Morning All!
Had my appointment with the neurosurgeon yesterday.
The news was good and not so good.
Good news.....my cervical spine is great!
The surgical are is perfect and the stenosis is gone.
Less good news....I am going to have surgery on my L3/4, in 3-4 weeks depending on how my T-spine MRI with contrast comes out.
More less good news...….There is something in my T-spine. We don't know if it is a tumor (malignant or not?) or something else there. There's why the new T-spine MRI with contrast.
Additional less good news.....Since my C-spine is good, the pain in my shoulder and arm may be a tear (rotator cuff or something else). Have to see a orthopedic surgeon.
So there it is. Some answers, some non-answers.
By the time this is all over, I'll be the bionic woman!!!
Tomorrow I take the MRI in the morning and I have an appointment with orthopedic surgeon in the afternoon.
Yes, I am a 'real' Floridian, spending my days at doctors or shopping.
To be continued...……..

Here's to a pain-free day for us all!!!!!!!
Ronnie (GRANDMAr)

@lioness

Good Morning!
How did your doctor's appointment go?
Any answers????
Have a great day!
Ronnie

@grandmar so glad you have some answers and a game plan. Good luck at tomorrow’s appointments and prayers for a few more answers and some wisdom for you medical team.

@parus

@gailb I have been reading about genetic testing for different things. Does insurance pay for this type of testing? Probably varies.
A smiling flower face helps me. Hope it helps you and maybe someone else. I do enjoy my small secret garden with BIG color.

Jump to this post

@gingerw
Good Morning!
You are doing what is good for you and that is the right thing!
You do your research and it satisfies you and that is the right thing.
People always seem to know what is best for us; they do it because they care and the are probably worried.
We have to be our own advocates and ask for assistance when we want or need it.
Keep it up!!!
Have a great day!
Ronnie (GRANDMAr)

@grandmar

Good Morning All!
Had my appointment with the neurosurgeon yesterday.
The news was good and not so good.
Good news.....my cervical spine is great!
The surgical are is perfect and the stenosis is gone.
Less good news....I am going to have surgery on my L3/4, in 3-4 weeks depending on how my T-spine MRI with contrast comes out.
More less good news...….There is something in my T-spine. We don't know if it is a tumor (malignant or not?) or something else there. There's why the new T-spine MRI with contrast.
Additional less good news.....Since my C-spine is good, the pain in my shoulder and arm may be a tear (rotator cuff or something else). Have to see a orthopedic surgeon.
So there it is. Some answers, some non-answers.
By the time this is all over, I'll be the bionic woman!!!
Tomorrow I take the MRI in the morning and I have an appointment with orthopedic surgeon in the afternoon.
Yes, I am a 'real' Floridian, spending my days at doctors or shopping.
To be continued...……..

Here's to a pain-free day for us all!!!!!!!
Ronnie (GRANDMAr)

Jump to this post

@grandmar Hello Ronnie,

It is so good hear from you. I am glad that you have a few answers to your pain problems. I hope that your upcoming tests and appointments bring you more good information about what can be done to help you! I look forward to your next update and will continue to send positive thoughts and prayers your way. You are a real survivor!

Please sign in or register to post a reply.