Chronic Pain members - Welcome, please introduce yourself

Posted by Kelsey Mohring @kelseydm, Apr 27, 2016

Welcome to the new Chronic Pain group.

I’m Kelsey and I’m the moderator of the group. I look forwarding to welcoming you and introducing you to other members. Feel free to browse the topics or start a new one.

Why not take a minute and introduce yourself.

Interested in more discussions like this? Go to the Chronic Pain Support Group.

I JUST WANT TO WISH ALL THOSE WHO MOTHER, A HAPPY MOTHER'S DAY.
I HOPE YOUR DAY IS FILLED WITH LOVE AND FAMILY.

RONNIE (GRANDMAr)

@gemmax

I suffered from a rare bactrial infection and two years later developed autoimmune syndrome with a variety of autoimmune illnesses showing up one after the other. The chronic pain began in the calves of my legs and has affected every part of my body since then; that has been about 23 years ago. As.time goes by it has become worse. With chronic fatigue a major problem. Although I walk when I am able to (about a mile and ½) it just makes me feel better for the day.My doctors encourage walking for pain relief. My pancreas was ruined by some of the meds that were used to try to help me so that i developed diabetes, which added a huge burden to my life. For years I searched, corresponded, called ,doctors all over the world trying to find help. About 10 years ago I just stopped trying and decided to attempt to have some sort of life as things are. I stick to a pretty restricted diet, leaving out these foods: pork, beef, shellfish, white bread, potatoes and rice and sugar. I eat oats, brown rice and some other grains, a lot of veggies and a moderate amount of fruit and poultry and fish; ail organic. I am a positive person who has remained so through most of it. My strengths are definitely my faith,my diet, my hobbies (writing, genealogy, photography.) It is my belief that focusing on the needs of others can really help. No matter how much others care about us, as tme goes by, many friends fall away. I think we can make them feel helpless. So hello, fellow traveler..may your journey become free from pain.

Jump to this post

@gammax
Thank you for sharing! It sounds like you have found a way to deal with your pain. Lucky you! I have not been so lucky. It seems that each time I try, it inflames something else. But I keep on trying! I have 3 beautiful grands that I adore and a loving, caring hubby that I am NOT ready to leave (physically, emotionally or socially).

There are certainly foods that inflame us and there is something to be said about using only organic foods. Maybe it is time I try them. We eat lots of fruit and veggies and limit our beef and grains. Guess I need to try an anti-inflammatory diet.

Best of luck!
Ronnie (GRANDMAr)

@jewel8888

Your welcome message is really inviting so I thought I would introduce myself so you know a bit more about me. It's been very helpful emotionally having met others thru the community. My dagnoses include: Chronic pain syndrome , psoriatic arthritis, RA, sjogrens, Degenerative disc disease, latent tb, fibromyalgia, etc. I struggle with feeling so weak all the time. The posts here are very encouraging, thank you!

Jump to this post

Hang in there. You've got a lot to deal with. I have some of the same issues. The worst is pain, and feeling so weak all the time. I'll keep you in my thoughts and prayers. Sending you sunshine & better days ahead!

@jewel8888

Your welcome message is really inviting so I thought I would introduce myself so you know a bit more about me. It's been very helpful emotionally having met others thru the community. My dagnoses include: Chronic pain syndrome , psoriatic arthritis, RA, sjogrens, Degenerative disc disease, latent tb, fibromyalgia, etc. I struggle with feeling so weak all the time. The posts here are very encouraging, thank you!

Jump to this post

Hello @jewel8888

We are glad to have you post in this discussion group on chronic pain. You do have a lot of illnesses that create pain.

As you are comfortable doing so - would you please share with us what you have found helps with your pain? Also, have there been any ideas you have learned from reading these posts that have given you some new thoughts in dealing with your own pain?

Teresa

@grandmar

Hi All!
The last couple of weeks have been unbelievable!
Last week I was walking with my hubby and i almost fell. He was able to catch me before I went down, but it was difficult to get my footing back. For sure, if he wasn't there, down I would have gone.
Then two days ago, we were walking out of the store. I felt myself going down and I grabbed my hubby the same time he grabbed me. Not only did I go down, but I took him down with me.
The next day he was sore, especially in his hip. Thank goodness his hip is not broken.
As for me, not only was I sore, but my headaches have returned and my neck is sore all over.
I go to the neurosurgeon in a week for my 12 week post-op check-up. Before I go, I'll have an x-ray to be sure everything is healed from my disc replacement surgery. I am worried I might have done some damage.
My PT therapist feels, by the way I walk, that the fall is due to my lower back issues. I tend to agree. She said it is time to use a walking device, a cane. So I -got one. I haven't felt any different walking, but I haven't fallen either. She also said no flip- flops type of sandals. She wants me to wear a closed shoe like I sneaker. I live in Florida and haven't worn closed anything in almost 4 years. But I have 1 pair of sneakers and just ordered 2 more.
This Tuesday I go to my pain doc for a shot in my lumbar spine. The last 2 have not helped my right side, which is where I get the most pain. I am trying one more time. If it does not work, I will be discussing alternatives with the neurosurgeon in 2 weeks.
I am certainly happy that neither of us have broken any bones, but I feel horrible about my hubby!!!!
Ronnie (GRANDMAr)

Jump to this post

@grandmar Hello Ronnie

So sorry to hear about your falls! Yes, shoes with good support are soooo important. I hope you and your hubby recover soon from your aches and pains. I'm happy to hear that there were no broken bones. Teresa

@grandmar

Hi All!
Last week I was walking with my hubby and i almost fell. He was able to catch me before I went down, but it was difficult to get my footing back. For sure, if he wasn't there, down I would have gone.
Then two days ago, we were walking out of the store. I felt myself going down and I grabbed my hubby the same time he grabbed me. Not only did I go down, but I took him down with me.
The next day he was sore, especially in his hip. Thank goodness his hip is not broken.
As for me, not only was I sore, but my headaches have returned and my neck is sore all over.
I go to the neurosurgeon in a week for my 12 week post-op check-up. Before I go, I'll have an x-ray to be sure everything is healed from my disc replacement surgery. I am worried I might have done some damage.
My PT therapist feels, by the way I walk, that the fall is due to my lower back issues. I tend to agree. She said it is time to use a walking device, a cane. So I -got one. I haven't felt any different walking, but I haven't fallen either. She also said no flip- flops type of sandals. She wants me to wear a closed shoe like I sneaker. I live in Florida and haven't worn closed anything in almost 4 years. But I have 1 pair of sneakers and just ordered 2 more.
This Tuesday I go to my pain doc for a shot in my lumbar spine. The last 2 have not helped my right side, which is where I get the most pain. I am trying one more time. If it does not work, I will be discussing alternatives with the neurosurgeon in 2 weeks.
I am certainly happy that neither of us have broken any bones, but I feel horrible about my hubby!!!!
Ronnie (GRANDMAr)

Jump to this post

Very sorry for you both falling down. I know your both so sore and fortunately you don't seem to have broken anything. I had a few shots for lumbsr area and trigger injection. A few weeks last after last esi I have decided no more. The pain is dreadful and feels more unstable the them ever. I am taking isonizid antibiotics for latent tb , next 9 months And this they will say no anyway. I go an MRI is next for me it they hac already said not more can do. Sending up big comforting hugs and prayer

@grandmar

Hi All!
Ronnie (GRANDMAr)

Jump to this post

@grandmar
I'm so sorry to hear that you and your husband have fallen! I hope you are OK and haven't hurt your surgery. If you are OK, I recommend checking out Active Release Technique (Art). That stopped the pain on my right side lumbar from my L4 disk which has collapsed on my L5. My surgeon told me to try everything else before surgery and I found that ART has worked for me. I have literally no pain now, except an occasional pain if I overdo anything. My brother's have both had disk surgery in their lower backs and they still have pain. They are able to walk, but the pain is still there.

I hope you get good news when you get your xray and talk to your doctor. Please keep us informed about your progress.

Warm regards,
Gail
Volunteer Mentor

@grandmar

RONNIE (GRANDMAr)

Jump to this post

@grandmar sorry just read post where you both fell glad no broken bones ,hope you feel better each day

@grandmar

RONNIE (GRANDMAr)

Jump to this post

Thank you! I am feeling a bit better today. Sadly, my hubby seems to be having a more difficulty time. Hopefully, he'll start to feel better soon.

@grandmar

Hi All!
Ronnie (GRANDMAr)

Jump to this post

Gail
Thank you for the good wishes.
I actually heard of ART (in this group) before and I have been researching it.
Previously, my doc did not want any type of manipulation on my back because of all my spinal issues.
I never brought up ART, but I will at my next visits.
thx
ronnie

Please sign in or register to post a reply.