Chronic Pain members - Welcome, please introduce yourself

Posted by Kelsey Mohring @kelseydm, Apr 27, 2016

Welcome to the new Chronic Pain group.

I’m Kelsey and I’m the moderator of the group. I look forwarding to welcoming you and introducing you to other members. Feel free to browse the topics or start a new one.

Why not take a minute and introduce yourself.

im on estrace i take for 3week and the 1 week i dont take

@ptawillis

Hi i am Willis Fraley Jr. 61year old male . I am a Physical Therapist and have Reflex Symphthetic Dystrophy.

Jump to this post

you man crps now, the have changed the name

Liked by rsnowflake

Hello how are the group and the headache
  find ? Thanks

@jeff_2019

Hello how are the group and the headache
  find ? Thanks

Jump to this post

I have had a chronic migraine for more than a year. Many things have been tried by many different Dr's. Still hoping. LoAnn

Welcome @jeff_2019 and @loannskaar. Here are a few discussions about headaches and migraines that may interest you:
> New Daily Persistent Headache https://connect.mayoclinic.org/discussion/new-daily-persistent-headache/
> Migraines https://connect.mayoclinic.org/discussion/migraines-27b15e/
> Chronic severe nocturnal hypnic headaches https://connect.mayoclinic.org/discussion/chronic-severe-nocturnal-hypnic-headaches/

tanks

Hi Colleen.. would yoiu know a group that deals with migranes, most of the sites I look at have been for a particular one. I have been in the hospital twice with what was diagnosed as a weird migrane because they did not know what it was. Any help would be appreciated.. The second one came across like I hade had a stroke…they tested me for everything they could think of…Thanks

@jjwest

Hi Colleen.. would yoiu know a group that deals with migranes, most of the sites I look at have been for a particular one. I have been in the hospital twice with what was diagnosed as a weird migrane because they did not know what it was. Any help would be appreciated.. The second one came across like I hade had a stroke…they tested me for everything they could think of…Thanks

Jump to this post

Hi @jjwest
I suggest you start by joining this discussion group and ask your questions to the members there:
> Migraines https://connect.mayoclinic.org/discussion/migraines-27b15e/

Georgia Horton,Atlanta area. 72 yrs old with constant pain from adhesive arachnoiditis. Very rare, pain,unable to walk unaided.

@galady

Georgia Horton,Atlanta area. 72 yrs old with constant pain from adhesive arachnoiditis. Very rare, pain,unable to walk unaided.

Jump to this post

info on my own. Have you seen this article? https://www.practicalpainmanagement.com/pain/spine/arachnoiditis-part-1-clinical-description.
If not, I think it has info you can use. Love and blessings.

What is that condition you mentioned, can you describe it? I've heard it mentioned before but I have no idea what it is. Thanks. Love & blessings.

@grandmar

@hopeful33250

Hi Teresa,
Thank you for asking.
Feeling better but not to where I was before the fall. I cannot remember if you saw my post, but I took an xray. The doctor said the report was different from the one I took not long ago. The actual xray was ordered. We'll be at the doctor on Monday to see what is what.

Thanks again,
Ronnie

Jump to this post

Hi Ronnie, what did you find out about your fall? I can’t remember if you gave me the final diagnosis. I just wanted to write – thinking about you!
How is your day? We started off rainy, but now have blue skies with puffy clouds. I’ve given up hope of any more snow this winter. We were lucky to get 7 inches! (I live near Raleigh, NC). I’m having a very rough day considering how pretty it is outside. The pain is unbelievable. I now have been diagnosed with neuropathy in my feet and legs. I need to see a neurologist because every medicine that I know of, that is used for this, I can’t take for 1 reason or another. The diagnoses keep piling on! That’s life….Karen

@karen00

Hi Ronnie, what did you find out about your fall? I can’t remember if you gave me the final diagnosis. I just wanted to write – thinking about you!
How is your day? We started off rainy, but now have blue skies with puffy clouds. I’ve given up hope of any more snow this winter. We were lucky to get 7 inches! (I live near Raleigh, NC). I’m having a very rough day considering how pretty it is outside. The pain is unbelievable. I now have been diagnosed with neuropathy in my feet and legs. I need to see a neurologist because every medicine that I know of, that is used for this, I can’t take for 1 reason or another. The diagnoses keep piling on! That’s life….Karen

Jump to this post

Sorry to say that I have the same symptoms and diagnosis and nothing for the pain. This is more than difficult. I have so many things going on at the same time that when I called the Mayo for an appointment they did not know what to make the appointment for. (which catagory or catagories to place me in.) Still looking for a driver anyway. Some how I will figure it out.

Liked by lioness

@joseywales

you man crps now, the have changed the name

Jump to this post

I know how hard it is to have r.s.d. or c.r.p.s. whatever you're comfortable calling it, I have it as well. I was diagnosed with it about two years ago. It started in my left leg after a broken ankle. Nerve blocker fixed it but it jumped quickly to my arm ,noting worked on that , I had to get a spinal implant. Then within a few months it jumped to my other arm. The lead was already implanted so it was turned on. Unfortunately now it's in my spine and there is nothing anyone can do to help me. But I get medical marijuana and it at least helps take me out of my body and helps my sleeping. You should try it. Good luck!!

@rsnowflake

I know how hard it is to have r.s.d. or c.r.p.s. whatever you're comfortable calling it, I have it as well. I was diagnosed with it about two years ago. It started in my left leg after a broken ankle. Nerve blocker fixed it but it jumped quickly to my arm ,noting worked on that , I had to get a spinal implant. Then within a few months it jumped to my other arm. The lead was already implanted so it was turned on. Unfortunately now it's in my spine and there is nothing anyone can do to help me. But I get medical marijuana and it at least helps take me out of my body and helps my sleeping. You should try it. Good luck!!

Jump to this post

Hello. You mention "nerve block". A month ago my neurologist gave me 6 nerve blocks (3 in each leg) 2 in each foot and 1 in each knee. Did not work. This procedure made the pain and swelling worse. Boy, did I suffer and still am. Sorry to complain but maybe this information can help to put together some information to be added to the rest of our post's. I am hanging in there and send my caring for all of us. Peach

Liked by rsnowflake

Please login or register to post a reply.