Tips on minimizing withdrawal symptoms from Effexor (aka Venlafaxine)

Posted by richyrich @richyrich, Nov 2, 2016

I have been taking Effexor/Venlafaxine for years and tried to get off it a few times but each time I try to give up the chemical withdrawal symptoms are a horror story and I give up giving up. Anyone got any tips or tried and tested strategies? Thank you

Interested in more discussions like this? Go to the Depression & Anxiety Support Group.

@merpreb

@parus- Thank you. I think that I said that I had no idea. I really really try to keep up with everyone but it's just impossible. My apologies Susie. I was aware of your history as far as abuse goes but not the personalities. This morning I received well over 100 emails from Connect. But I am not complaining at all. I have to pick and choose who I respond to. I'm sure that the label is very misunderstood and of course nothing to be ashamed of.

Jump to this post

@merry, wow, 100 emails this am alone! My hat is off to you...AND I want to ask if this allows YOU Time to actually live your life?
Helping folks is fine, but YOU still have a real life to live...BALANCE is a word I want you to remember!
THANK YOU FOR SHARING YOUR BUSY LIFE WITH US....Bright Wings, who is feeling honored

@brightwings- lol. I can't answer them all. As I said I have to pick and chose. I have a full life, mentoring for Connect is one of the best things in my life. I also write a blog: https://my20yearscancer.com/

@merpreb

@brightwings- lol. I can't answer them all. As I said I have to pick and chose. I have a full life, mentoring for Connect is one of the best things in my life. I also write a blog: https://my20yearscancer.com/

Jump to this post

I too love helping folks. That's why I am here. Cuz if I could conquer my life....well I can teach others to do it too cuz I remember what helped....hahaha, I remember when I can, those silly missing brain cells.
I AM THE ENERGIZER BUNNY, I KEEP GOING AND GOING AND GOING.
BRIGHT WINGS

@merpreb

@brightwings- Better watch that peyote!!

Jump to this post

Oh, I do...it was the last place God brought me to finish my healing.
My daughter in Seattle who worked with landmark for so many years, thought I was just going into the woods to get high.
Each time I went, I would tell her of the changes in me. After 1 year, I could actually feel her realize this plant medicine was actually helping me.
It (the peyote) has helped me get to my end goal of HEALED....
I am so grateful....it was the last step in my healing.
Bright Wings

Susie- A lot of people aren't familiar with this little slow growing cactus: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Peyote

@brightwings

Oh, I do...it was the last place God brought me to finish my healing.
My daughter in Seattle who worked with landmark for so many years, thought I was just going into the woods to get high.
Each time I went, I would tell her of the changes in me. After 1 year, I could actually feel her realize this plant medicine was actually helping me.
It (the peyote) has helped me get to my end goal of HEALED....
I am so grateful....it was the last step in my healing.
Bright Wings

Jump to this post

I chose to finally get off my antidepressant in summer of 2017. I had heard Ayawaska, another Sacred Plant Medicine from South America could end depression. But if you also take antidepressants it will kill you from Seratonian toxicity.
So I got off my Effexor and used this sacred medicine 2 times in one weekend...my depression is gone! That was April of 2018.
Again I am so grateful. Bright Wings

I'm unable to post direct links here, but by putting Claire Weekes in the search box on youtube, like I did, will bring up a wealth of information. The same with wonderbro.

@merpreb

Jump to this post

@merpreb We do appreciate you.

Please sign in or register to post a reply.