This and That and Talk - My Transplant

Posted by Rosemary, Volunteer Mentor @rosemarya, Apr 9, 2017

As our Mayo Connect community grows, I am constantly meeting organ transplant members on a wide variety of forums with a wide range of issues that are not directly transplant specific. However, because we are all transplant recipients, we have a special connection: a unique journey and best of all - a new life! We don't always need help or advice. Many times we just want to chat with someone like us! That is my purpose in starting This and That and Talk.

Drop in and say 'Hi'. You are welcome anytime.

What do you want t to talk about? What words can you offer to someone who is on the journey? Do you have any questions for another recipient?

Interested in more discussions like this? Go to the Transplants Support Group.

@gaylea1
I am so happy for you...You are strong and brave all of our prayers are with you...He has the best hands. Xoxo

@gaylea1

@rosemarya just got the call at 12:30 this afternoon. I'm scheduled for surgery today at 5pm. Wish me luck!!

Jump to this post

gaylea - You Go Girl!!! I am happy for you!
Sending love and hugs and strength and healing.
Love and hugs, friend:-)

@rosemarya
Do you know where Gaylea1' transplant is taking place? I'm sure you will let us know news when you get it.

@jeanne5009

@rosemarya
Do you know where Gaylea1' transplant is taking place? I'm sure you will let us know news when you get it.

Jump to this post

jeanne5009, Gaylea has share in an earlier post that she is in Toronto Canada.
I think you will hear it from Gaylea herself after she has regained her strength and recovered.

@rosemarya

jeanne5009, Gaylea has share in an earlier post that she is in Toronto Canada.
I think you will hear it from Gaylea herself after she has regained her strength and recovered.

Jump to this post

@rosemarya
Yes I thought it was Canada. I wish her well.

@gaylea1

@rosemarya liver transplant. On wait list for 17 months.

Jump to this post

@gaylea1 This is fabulous news. We will all be thinking of you. Especially at 5pm today. I doubt you'll notice it but there will be a bunch of people from this group squeezing your hand virtually as you get rolled in and also by your side when you wake up.

@gaylea1

@rosemarya just got the call at 12:30 this afternoon. I'm scheduled for surgery today at 5pm. Wish me luck!!

Jump to this post

@gaylea1 let us know how you are feeling when you are up to it. Thoughts and prayers are with you.
JK

I was wondering if anyone out there has had more then one transplant? I had a liver transplant 20 years ago in March and now I just got accepted on unos for a kidney transplant ! The drugs over time have basically wrecked my kidneys and I’m wondering if anyone else out there has experienced this ?

@threerrr3

I was wondering if anyone out there has had more then one transplant? I had a liver transplant 20 years ago in March and now I just got accepted on unos for a kidney transplant ! The drugs over time have basically wrecked my kidneys and I’m wondering if anyone else out there has experienced this ?

Jump to this post

I am nervous about having to go through this again ! I’m only 52 years old !

@threerrr3

Jump to this post

Good Morning, @threerrr3. Welcome to Connect. I
I have to be honest with you that you have just stated my biggest (unspoken) fear: What if I need a second transplant? I am a liver/kidney transplant recipient. Both of my organs were transplanted simultaneously in 2009 at age 60. I think I can almost understand what is going thru your mind at this time.

How are you feeling? Are you on or will you be on dialysis ? I was on dialysis for 7 weeks leading up to my transplant. I am always available if you have any questions.

I want to bring this conversation to the attentiopn of the following members who have mentioned multiple transplants.
@cehunt57, @2011panc, @ca426,

Please sign in or register to post a reply.