Recipes, Food Tips, Healthy Eating & More

Posted by Debbra Williams, Alumna Mentor @debbraw, Feb 22, 2019

Some of the members of the Gratitude Discussion Group were interested in having a place to share recipes and food ideas. I’m hoping that we can use this thread as a place to have that kind of discussion. I’d love to hear your ideas for quick meals, comfort food, healthy snacks, and more.

Personally, I’ve just been through a bad reaction to one of my medications that left me with a very queasy stomach. I would love to hear ideas – or recipes – that might be used when you need to get something on your stomach, but don’t want to overdo it.

Hopefully, this thread will even be a place where we can share recipes for special treats and yummy rewards. It doesn’t always have to be healthy!

I’d love to hear from members who have been part of other discussions AND from new members who have good ideas, recipes and food tips to share. I’m excited to see who might start us off here with an awesome food suggestion!

Interested in more discussions like this? Go to the Just Want to Talk Support Group.

@fiesty76

@jakedduck1, And how many did you buy? How many sampled? What's the maestro's verdict????

Jump to this post

@fiesty76
Hello,
I have been unsuccessful in locating any so I’ll probably order some from the Hershey store. But as good as they are already chocolate can only make them better.
Jake

@jakedduck1 Yes Hershey is the best but Dark Chocolate remember

@lioness
Oh my goodness I never thought they might ruin it and cover them with dark chocolate, surely not. This requires immediate attention.
Jake

@jakeduck
I ready that the chocolate is milk chocolate but it looks dark to me. Our online Walmart has a box of 24 for $33.64. I
see that Amazon is out of stock....just like paper products used to be.
How about a Baby Ruth instead? BTW, I read that they had a chocolate covered PayDay in the past but discontinued
back in the 1980s.
Why don't you try them? With all the caramel and nuts in the bar you won't know what kind of chocolate you are
eating....or will you?

FL Mary

@imallears

@jakeduck
I ready that the chocolate is milk chocolate but it looks dark to me. Our online Walmart has a box of 24 for $33.64. I
see that Amazon is out of stock....just like paper products used to be.
How about a Baby Ruth instead? BTW, I read that they had a chocolate covered PayDay in the past but discontinued
back in the 1980s.
Why don't you try them? With all the caramel and nuts in the bar you won't know what kind of chocolate you are
eating....or will you?

FL Mary

Jump to this post

@imallears
Paydays are what I was referring to. The Hershey store has them cheaper than Walmart.
I get a Baby Ruth every now and then but not a regular.
I think you’re right I might not know it’s dark provided its not dark dark chocolate. Carmel, nuts, chocolate & salt, doesn’t get much better than that!!!
Jake

@jakedduck1
You are right and I ate Paydays back in the day. I always went for snickers in the kids Halloween baskets....loved to get a chewy nutty caramel bar that you had to dig and floss out of your teeth for an hour.
Although if I saw a mini bar today I would take it home and wait for the urge even though my favorite is dark chocolate with almonds or fruit bits but not with caramel because it takes away from the dark chocolate flavor I think. I hate milk chocolate as much as you hate dark chocolate . And people hate chocolate.
It's heredity lol
. Both my children are dark chocolate eaters and we all love the sea salt flavor .
Enough now.....

FL Mary.....big booms thunder and lightening and rain this morning and again right now

@imallears
I hope it’s not a hurricane!!
Jake

@jakedduck1
No hurricane but it has been pretty much a steady rain all day with short respites and is now pouring again. This is our rainy season but our reservoirs are still 5-6 inches below normal. Usually we get late afternoon thunderstorms so we pretty much know when to expect them. We also get power outages but they don’t last too long. I’m at the screaming point right now...STOP RAINING! But looking forward to Chicken Cutlet Parm later.

Soggy Fl Mary

@imallears

@jakedduck1
You are right and I ate Paydays back in the day. I always went for snickers in the kids Halloween baskets....loved to get a chewy nutty caramel bar that you had to dig and floss out of your teeth for an hour.
Although if I saw a mini bar today I would take it home and wait for the urge even though my favorite is dark chocolate with almonds or fruit bits but not with caramel because it takes away from the dark chocolate flavor I think. I hate milk chocolate as much as you hate dark chocolate . And people hate chocolate.
It's heredity lol
. Both my children are dark chocolate eaters and we all love the sea salt flavor .
Enough now.....

FL Mary.....big booms thunder and lightening and rain this morning and again right now

Jump to this post

@imallears, If I hadn't been present when my daughter gave birth to our g.s., we would seriously question whether or not she brought home the right baby because....can you imagine????....he doesn't like chocolate in any hue, form or fashion...He is 15 and was still sharing his Halloween stash of chocolates with his mom last time he trick or treated. Snickers remain my favorite grab and go favorite but Millionaires make my top 5 list, too. Oh, how we could use some gentle rain and lower temps..feel free to send some our way????

Please sign in or register to post a reply.