Recipes, Food Tips, Healthy Eating & More

Posted by Debbra Williams, Alumna Mentor @debbraw, Feb 22, 2019

Some of the members of the Gratitude Discussion Group were interested in having a place to share recipes and food ideas. I’m hoping that we can use this thread as a place to have that kind of discussion. I’d love to hear your ideas for quick meals, comfort food, healthy snacks, and more.

Personally, I’ve just been through a bad reaction to one of my medications that left me with a very queasy stomach. I would love to hear ideas – or recipes – that might be used when you need to get something on your stomach, but don’t want to overdo it.

Hopefully, this thread will even be a place where we can share recipes for special treats and yummy rewards. It doesn’t always have to be healthy!

I’d love to hear from members who have been part of other discussions AND from new members who have good ideas, recipes and food tips to share. I’m excited to see who might start us off here with an awesome food suggestion!

Interested in more discussions like this? Go to the Just Want to Talk Support Group.

@lioness

@merpreb I'm just throwing this out for those who cant eat dairy in yogurt there is Almond yogurt it is pretty good . I have the vanilla almond yogurt right now. Since I have gone of dairy,nightshades and gluten I like the almond yogurt . It comes individual or the bigger container

Jump to this post

@lioness- Wow Linda, Almond yogurt? Who knew? @contentandwell- Check this out: Almond yogurt. What brand is it Linda?

@merpreb Hi Its Silk almond yogurt . I also have been drinking my chai tea in evening and have been sleeping better don't know if this is why but I like it at night . Have a good day

@merpreb

@lioness- Wow Linda, Almond yogurt? Who knew? @contentandwell- Check this out: Almond yogurt. What brand is it Linda?

Jump to this post

@merpreb @lioness I will definitely look for that in the supermarket. I like almond milk so I am sure to like it. It probably does not have as much protein as the lactose-free dairy yogurt that I have been getting at Whole Foods though. Maybe fewer calories though. I presume you can get it unsweetened.
JK

@contentandwell

@merpreb @lioness I will definitely look for that in the supermarket. I like almond milk so I am sure to like it. It probably does not have as much protein as the lactose-free dairy yogurt that I have been getting at Whole Foods though. Maybe fewer calories though. I presume you can get it unsweetened.
JK

Jump to this post

@contentandwell I like the vanilla flavored but I'm pretty sure I saw the unflavored It does have 24g of sugar whether they have one with no sugar I don't know. It is dairy and soy free. Hope you can find it There are a lot of almond farms up North in Ventura Co. when I go to Fresno there are miles of farms producing everything.

@contentandwell

JK

Jump to this post

@contentandwell

Hi, I am currently drinking Califia brand....unsweetened...35 calories for 8 oz glass. I also get almond soy unsweetened also low in calories. Both are good and product lasts over 2 months. Unsweetened coco in it is good if you are into coco. Unsweetened almond milk or soy is sweet enough to my palate and I have a sweet tooth. I love the almond taste and use almond butter on occasion..even in my Chinese inspired stir fry dishes.

Regards from FL Mary

@imallers Never heard of Almond butter have to look for that .

@lioness
Hi
Almond butter is with the peanut butters along with cashew butter and other types if the supermarket carries it. More money than peanut butter but heavenly.

FL Mary

I'm sad to find out that an 8 oz cup of chai can be loaded with 130 calories! I purchased a chai mix product from the health food store yesterday. This chai is loaded with sugar! More than a soda I'd say. What a bummer, I'll have to take it off my list of 'good stuff' 🙁 Or perhaps I can find a sugar free chai mix.

@lioness

@contentandwell So some salmon so if its cheap in price it is usually farmed raised

Jump to this post

@lioness - I'm going to go out on a limb and disagree with you a bit on the salmon. I actually enjoy farm raised more than wild. We have a great fish market here in town and they are conscientious in their sourcing. We probably eat farm raised salmon every week and thoroughly enjoy it.

The other thing we eat is fresh local shrimp. JK @contentandwell - This was one on the things I missed most when we moved to Boston. Don't get me wrong, I love the lobsters. I would kill for some clams w/ bellies at a local clam shack. But sadly, in the Northeast, the shrimp were frozen.

Here in Northeast FL, we get beautiful local shrimp - from the Atlantic - not the Gulf. We also get practically local shrimp called Key West Pink from a little south but they are brought in w/o freezing them. I pretty much love all seafood so I'm glad I'm from the East Coast.

@Erinmfs

I'm sad to find out that an 8 oz cup of chai can be loaded with 130 calories! I purchased a chai mix product from the health food store yesterday. This chai is loaded with sugar! More than a soda I'd say. What a bummer, I'll have to take it off my list of 'good stuff' 🙁 Or perhaps I can find a sugar free chai mix.

Jump to this post

@Erinmfs Hey Erin I mix my on . Golden milk but use a regular chai tea bag also . I use turmeric,ginger and after its hot pour in Almond milk. No yeast lol

Please sign in or register to post a reply.