QRS increased to 160

Posted by sloped483 @sloped483, Jun 11, 2023

I had a recent EKG the day of my heart catherization a couple of weeks ago and it showed an increase in my QRS to 160. Normal is < 120.

The only heart issue I have is a Right Bundle Branch Block (RBBB) and Google is saying a QRS of 160 could be the beginnings of heart failure.

I see my cardiologist on June 20th to go over my catherization as well as all other extensive heart testing and will ask him about this increase in QRS and if there should be a concern.

In the meantime, I would like to ask others here that have an increased QRS if it means what Google is saying or if an increase in QRS could mean something different.

Thanks in advance (TIA).

Interested in more discussions like this? Go to the Heart Rhythm Conditions Support Group.

@sloped483 HI - If you have a question like this, you don't need to wait for your appointment. Most docs are well-connected these days, and you should be able to ask directly over the patient portal or a call to their staff. Better for your anxiety than Dr. Google?

By the way, in my experience, if the result showed a need for immediate action, the doctor or their staff would already have contacted you.
Sue

@sueinmn

@sloped483 HI - If you have a question like this, you don't need to wait for your appointment. Most docs are well-connected these days, and you should be able to ask directly over the patient portal or a call to their staff. Better for your anxiety than Dr. Google?

By the way, in my experience, if the result showed a need for immediate action, the doctor or their staff would already have contacted you.
Sue

Jump to this post

Thanks for the reply and the suggestion to use my cardiologists patient portal.

Unfortunately, I'm not happy with my current cardiologist and would like to find a different one as he doesn't think outside of the box of what could or couldn't be regarding the severe heart spasms I've been experiencing since mid-December which seems to have turned out to be low magnesium due to me being on steroids for over a year for an autoimmune illness.

But a QRS of 160 is above normal and was just wanting to hear if other people here also had the same. I never rely solely on Google for answers and is why I asked here for other peoples first hand experience with a QRS that is around 160.

Please sign in or register to post a reply.