Share this:
brittneyj025

Neurosarcoidosis

Posted by @brittneyj025 in Brain & Nervous System, Jun 11, 2012

Has anyone here been treated for Neurosarcoidosis? if so what treatments worked for you?

Kimberly and DADE like this
ddade19

Posted by @ddade19, Jul 26, 2016

I have Neurosarcoid and I have been treated with predisone, and remecade! I've had Neurosarcoid for 8 yrs. Now. Sending prayers to you!!!

chesneydell1965

Posted by @chesneydell1965, Nov 6, 2016

What can we expect from nuerosarcoid.

ddade19

Posted by @ddade19, Nov 6, 2016

I have neurosarcoid and been treated with both predisone and remecade too. I have also had it for 8 yrs. Are u still on predisone if so how many mg? How dis the remecadr work for you?

chesneydell1965

Posted by @chesneydell1965, Nov 7, 2016

1000 mg and a insulin drip right now ... he also is on methatrcate if i spelled that right . For sarcoidosis then later with in months we found he also has neurosarcoidosis do far thebonly trestment is the 1000 mg steriods

chesneydell1965

Posted by @chesneydell1965, Nov 7, 2016

You have had this for 8 years, tell me what to expect please,. Right now we deal with seizures, anger out bursts, confusdion, memory loss , vision loss

chesneydell1965

Posted by @chesneydell1965, Dec 26, 2016

This is Tammi my husband is Chesney he has neurosarcoidosis what to expect. This is what i know. He now has seizures cranky to mean sometimes but pain plays a role, he gets confused gets lost in the back yard, eye site is bad, he don't like the food I cook nor the smell ,. Too many things going on at one time will drive him crazy I have to try and treat him like he has autism. He can't handle company. Questions and me cooking at one time it's too much

colleenyoung

Posted by @colleenyoung, Jul 26, 2016

Welcome to Connect @ddade19. I hope @brittneyj025 will return to join you here. It has been a while since she posted.

In the meantime, we would like to get to know a bit more about you. I'm not that familiar with neurosarcoidosis. What were the symptoms or circumstances that led to your diagnosis? And how are you doing now?

chesneydell1965

My husband has sarcoidosis of the lungs skin and now has traveled to his brain. Neurosarcoidosis, currently in the hospital beung treated, he has a low spinal fluid preasure , the spinal tap took a long time due to some type of blockage

sebley12

Posted by @sebley12, Aug 10, 2016

I have heard of this before but actually have just Sarcoidosis of the lungs. Its rather annoying with the constant cough. I will keep you in my prayers.

ddade19

Posted by @ddade19, Aug 10, 2016

Thank you so much!

chesneydell1965

My husband is being treated this week end in a hospital setting. Mostly steroids, we knew he had sarcoidosis. But now they told us he has this too

ddade19

Posted by @ddade19, Nov 6, 2016

Sending prayers to ur husband, you, & ur family

Please login or become a member to post a comment.