Want to talk about Multiple Myeloma: Anyone else?

Posted by Frazer 1 @frazer1, Apr 11, 2012

Asking anyone who is going thru this experience to share any pro's or con's of this disease. As of now I'm in MGUS, will find our next week if it has progress to Smoldering Myeloma.

Interested in more discussions like this? Go to the Blood Cancers & Disorders Support Group.

Looks like coming tomorrow by 12. Mayo’s pharmacy is great! Hope begins to work fast as numbers going up! Finally!!!!!

@tml

Looks like coming tomorrow by 12. Mayo’s pharmacy is great! Hope begins to work fast as numbers going up! Finally!!!!!

Jump to this post

Oh that’s wonderful news!!! I’m so glad you’re finally getting the meds and can get this new treatment under way! A bottle of hope coming in the mail. ☺️. That’s what I always called one of my meds. And it worked!
Let me know how you’re doing, ok?

Yes I will! Cannot wait! I guess you are in remission?

@tml

Yes I will! Cannot wait! I guess you are in remission?

Jump to this post

I am in remission from AML. ☺️ Coming up on 3 years post allogenic transplant. (An unrelated donor). My doctor said that AML seldom relapses past 22 months with a successful transplant and I’m at 33 so we’re all pretty optimistic.
That’s why I’m so honored to be able to help and offer encouragement to anyone else who might be facing a blood cancer and a stem cell transplant. Every day is a gift and it’s worth fighting for. So hang in there! I’ll be with here for you every step of the way.
May I ask you a little favor? I don’t want to miss your messages to me, so when you respond to one of my replies, please tap the reply button right under my posting then I’ll get a notice directly. Or, you can simply type @loribmt in any message and I’ll get a message. That works for anyone you want to reply to in their message.
Again, I’m so happy that your new medication will arrive tomorrow! Hope it a bottle, right? 🙂

@tml

Jump to this post

@tml What milligram level of Revlimid are you being prescribed? Also, I forgot which form of multiple myeloma you have? I have IgM Kappa.
Ginger

@loribmt

I am in remission from AML. ☺️ Coming up on 3 years post allogenic transplant. (An unrelated donor). My doctor said that AML seldom relapses past 22 months with a successful transplant and I’m at 33 so we’re all pretty optimistic.
That’s why I’m so honored to be able to help and offer encouragement to anyone else who might be facing a blood cancer and a stem cell transplant. Every day is a gift and it’s worth fighting for. So hang in there! I’ll be with here for you every step of the way.
May I ask you a little favor? I don’t want to miss your messages to me, so when you respond to one of my replies, please tap the reply button right under my posting then I’ll get a notice directly. Or, you can simply type @loribmt in any message and I’ll get a message. That works for anyone you want to reply to in their message.
Again, I’m so happy that your new medication will arrive tomorrow! Hope it a bottle, right? 🙂

Jump to this post

Thanks so much. I hope I can get back to remission. I need to focus on that but always find my mind trying to go back and change things! Thinking having the Revlimid will help if it works quickly. That sounds wonderful but I worry I will not be able to have a transplant. My local provider said I was in remission but not a candidate for it. Mayo said I could but the longer it takes to get to remission the harder it will be. My sister warned me it would not be easy because of the chemo and I know it does not always result in remission but I sure want that chance. I worry that the damage I now have plus the second round of chemo will add to making it harder. It was 5 months to get to remission last year. Worry it will take way longer now.

@loribmt

Jump to this post

Sorry thought I had done that but must have typed in the one below!!!

@gingerw

@tml What milligram level of Revlimid are you being prescribed? Also, I forgot which form of multiple myeloma you have? I have IgM Kappa.
Ginger

Jump to this post

I have IgG Kappa and will be on 25 grams.
I have a q deletion that seems to make it more difficult to stay in remission.

@loribmt

Jump to this post

Well we did the injection so guess that is ever day now. I have a bit more pinchable skin than you so seemed to go okay although did sting a bit. Certainly better than having a DVT and/or PE!!! Halfway through my first Revlimid cycle so guess will know in early April although will be afraid to look at the results!!! I am such a wimp! Thanks for your encouragement. All the posts are so helpful in understanding how to get the right care and help oneself!!!

@tml

Well we did the injection so guess that is ever day now. I have a bit more pinchable skin than you so seemed to go okay although did sting a bit. Certainly better than having a DVT and/or PE!!! Halfway through my first Revlimid cycle so guess will know in early April although will be afraid to look at the results!!! I am such a wimp! Thanks for your encouragement. All the posts are so helpful in understanding how to get the right care and help oneself!!!

Jump to this post

Good morning. I happened to see the post about your injection in the transplant group first and responded there. So here’s the link to that one.☺️ I’m happy you took the plunge! Yay!! https://connect.mayoclinic.org/comment/691878/
OMG you’re not a wimp!! This is a lot to go through. You’ll get to be a pro about blood work soon enough. You can always ask me. 🙃

Please sign in or register to post a reply.