Living with Neuropathy - Welcome to the group

Welcome to the Neuropathy group.
This is a welcoming, safe place where you can meet other people who are dealing with neuropathy. Let’s learn from each other and share stories about living well with neuropathy, coping with the challenges and offering tips.

I’m Colleen, and I’m the moderator of this group, and Community Director of Connect. Chances are you’ll to be greeted by volunteer patient Mentor John (@johnbishop) and fellow members when you post to this group. Learn more about Moderators and Mentors on Connect.

We look forward to welcoming you and introducing you to other members. Feel free to browse the topics or start a new one.
Let’s chat. Why not start by introducing yourself? What concerns would you like to talk about?

Interested in more discussions like this? Go to the Neuropathy Support Group.

@gailmarie123

Hi Colleen, thank you for allowing me to join your group, How do I post a question?

Jump to this post

Hi @gailmarie123, Welcome to Connect, an online community where patients and caregivers share their experiences, find support and exchange information with others. Posting questions is easy. To reply to a post you are reading, simply click on the REPLY button below the post and type your response or question. If you are not replying to a post but want to post a new question, scroll to the bottom of the discussion and type your question and click the POST COMMENT button.

More tips and how to use Connect can be found in the Get Started on Connect guide here: https://connect.mayoclinic.org/get-started-on-connect/. You can also open the guide from any Connect page by scrolling to the bottom and clicking the link available in the left most footer column.

Do you have a question on neuropathy?

@iampatient

. The name is Hemp-AID and it is produced in Calgary Alberta .
The name of the website is sativa group . Anti-inflammatory Product. It comes in a large 8 ounce spray can and It is expensive but a little oil goes a long way. Within about 15 minutes my pain is gone for a very long time!
I hope that it helps with your pain! I swear by it.
Please post how it works for you if you try it so more people can be helped with their nerve pain.

Jump to this post

I found a couple of products called hemp-aid But not from Canada. Would you mind doing an online search for your specific product and giving us the URL? Thank you!

@polywog

I found a couple of products called hemp-aid But not from Canada. Would you mind doing an online search for your specific product and giving us the URL? Thank you!

Jump to this post

@polywog

Jump to this post

I am sorry but I tried to give you the website name but Mayo Clinic has refused the comment from new members for scam purposes.
I can send a photo and tell you it is available at sativagroup.com
I can tell you more if I message you personally but this is the best I can do through Mayo Clinic protection to their members.

@iampatient

I am sorry but I tried to give you the website name but Mayo Clinic has refused the comment from new members for scam purposes.
I can send a photo and tell you it is available at sativagroup.com
I can tell you more if I message you personally but this is the best I can do through Mayo Clinic protection to their members.

Jump to this post

Hi @polywog, I shared the link for you in the post above yours. You should be able to post links in a few days. New members are not allowed to post links for a few days to prevent spammers from joining and posting advertisements which is not allowed. Here's the post where I shared your link for you - https://connect.mayoclinic.org/comment/623929/

JAMA has published a recent article/study on the use of opioids in the treatment of chronic pain. It runs contrary to what is the current practice of many doctors for using opioids to treat chronic pain and criticizing the CDC guidance for creating the situation of doctors inappropriately weaning people of off opioids, which actually leads to greater illegal opioid consumption and suicide.

@kenc

JAMA has published a recent article/study on the use of opioids in the treatment of chronic pain. It runs contrary to what is the current practice of many doctors for using opioids to treat chronic pain and criticizing the CDC guidance for creating the situation of doctors inappropriately weaning people of off opioids, which actually leads to greater illegal opioid consumption and suicide.

Jump to this post

I mostly just lurk on this thread, but I am very curious about this comment because of my husband with chronic bone pain. Can you further clarify this, or post a link?

@auntieoakley

I mostly just lurk on this thread, but I am very curious about this comment because of my husband with chronic bone pain. Can you further clarify this, or post a link?

Jump to this post

@kenc, The only recent JAMA article I could find on the use of opioids for chronic pain is from Dec 2018. Is this the one?

Opioids for Chronic Noncancer Pain - A Systematic Review and Meta-analysis: https://jamanetwork.com/journals/jama/fullarticle/2718795

@johnbishop

@kenc, The only recent JAMA article I could find on the use of opioids for chronic pain is from Dec 2018. Is this the one?

Opioids for Chronic Noncancer Pain - A Systematic Review and Meta-analysis: https://jamanetwork.com/journals/jama/fullarticle/2718795

Jump to this post

Geez, John you are quick! Lol
I had read this one before, thank you for looking because I thought maybe I missed something. My husband has cancer pain, but if there was new info about opioids and chronic care, I was very interested.

@auntieoakley

Geez, John you are quick! Lol
I had read this one before, thank you for looking because I thought maybe I missed something. My husband has cancer pain, but if there was new info about opioids and chronic care, I was very interested.

Jump to this post

This is a JAMA article from Jan 7, 2021, I wonder if this might be the one....found using Google Scholar - https://scholar.google.com

Frequency of and Factors Associated With Nonmedical Opioid Use Behavior Among Patients With Cancer Receiving Opioids for Cancer Pain: https://jamanetwork.com/journals/jamaoncology/article-abstract/2774522

Please sign in or register to post a reply.