Living with Neuropathy - Welcome to the group

Welcome to the Neuropathy group.
This is a welcoming, safe place where you can meet other people who are dealing with neuropathy. Let’s learn from each other and share stories about living well with neuropathy, coping with the challenges and offering tips.

I’m Colleen, and I’m the moderator of this group, and Community Director of Connect. Chances are you’ll to be greeted by volunteer patient Mentor John (@johnbishop) and fellow members when you post to this group. Learn more about Moderators and Mentors on Connect.

We look forward to welcoming you and introducing you to other members. Feel free to browse the topics or start a new one.
Let’s chat. Why not start by introducing yourself? What concerns would you like to talk about?

Interested in more discussions like this? Go to the Neuropathy Support Group.

@jimhd

@sunnyflower It sounds from what you wrote in this message that you had sedation for steroid injections. Is that correct? I'm wondering if I could get it for a very, very painful guided injection in my thumb for arthritis.

Thanks, sunny. You're a blessing and a great encourager (maybe one of your spiritual gifts?).

Jim

Jump to this post

Oh my gracious Jim I just cringed when I read about your thumb injection! Absolutely you should be able to get some sedation for that. I did not even know that was an option until the nurse asked me if I wanted it this last time! This was my fourth lumbar injection but the first three were in the late 1990s. I do not know how much it will cost you though or what you will have to pay. You really have to be your own advocate in the field of Health Care. So sad but so true. I'm going to pray it all works out for you and is very affordable and that you can have it. If it is not available, then I'm sure you could get some valium or another benzodiazepine. I do know that Valium has muscle relaxant properties in it but I do not know if the others do. I will pray it all works out for you Jim oh, Lord knows you deserve it if anyone does! Multi many blessings, Sunny

@sunnyflower

Oh my gracious Jim I just cringed when I read about your thumb injection! Absolutely you should be able to get some sedation for that. I did not even know that was an option until the nurse asked me if I wanted it this last time! This was my fourth lumbar injection but the first three were in the late 1990s. I do not know how much it will cost you though or what you will have to pay. You really have to be your own advocate in the field of Health Care. So sad but so true. I'm going to pray it all works out for you and is very affordable and that you can have it. If it is not available, then I'm sure you could get some valium or another benzodiazepine. I do know that Valium has muscle relaxant properties in it but I do not know if the others do. I will pray it all works out for you Jim oh, Lord knows you deserve it if anyone does! Multi many blessings, Sunny

Jump to this post

@sunnyflower Thank you, Sunny. When the time comes for another injection, I'll bring it up with the doctor.

Jim

@jimhd

@sunnyflower It sounds from what you wrote in this message that you had sedation for steroid injections. Is that correct? I'm wondering if I could get it for a very, very painful guided injection in my thumb for arthritis.

Thanks, sunny. You're a blessing and a great encourager (maybe one of your spiritual gifts?).

Jim

Jump to this post

@jimhd A shot in the thumb has got to be painful. Shouldn’t Valium at a minimum be given as well as light sedation. This sounds like unnecessary pain you went through. I am sorry.

@bustrbrwn22

@jimhd A shot in the thumb has got to be painful. Shouldn’t Valium at a minimum be given as well as light sedation. This sounds like unnecessary pain you went through. I am sorry.

Jump to this post

@bustrbrwn22 My orthopedist - who is not the one who did the injection - said that the hand, especially the thumb, is the most painful place, and the ankle isn't far behind. I'm definitely going to have a discussion about it.

Jim

@jimhd

@bustrbrwn22 My orthopedist - who is not the one who did the injection - said that the hand, especially the thumb, is the most painful place, and the ankle isn't far behind. I'm definitely going to have a discussion about it.

Jim

Jump to this post

Definitely Jim! @jimhd @bustrbrwn22 I don't think they can refuse you if you tell them you are terrified and that you won't be able to tolerate the pain. Just make sure you know what your costs will be. If your doctor won't agree, find one who will. Keep us posted! I will pray that it works out for you and that you will be able to have peace and sleep well. Take care, Sunnyflower

Hi all, Today's member spotlight features @rwinney, a member well known to members of the Neuropathy group. Read her interview with fellow member @hopeful33250 to learn more about Rachel: meaningful moments she's had on Mayo Clinic Connect, what motivates and inspires her, and which Hollywood actor would play her in a movie about her life.

– Where there's a Winney, there's a way: Meet @rwinney https://connect.mayoclinic.org/page/about-connect/newsfeed-post/where-theres-a-winney-theres-a-way-meet-rwinney/

+Follow the About Connect page to see all the Member Spotlights and be notified when new spotlights are published: https://connect.mayoclinic.org/page/about-connect/tab/newsfeed/

@colleenyoung

Hi all, Today's member spotlight features @rwinney, a member well known to members of the Neuropathy group. Read her interview with fellow member @hopeful33250 to learn more about Rachel: meaningful moments she's had on Mayo Clinic Connect, what motivates and inspires her, and which Hollywood actor would play her in a movie about her life.

– Where there's a Winney, there's a way: Meet @rwinney https://connect.mayoclinic.org/page/about-connect/newsfeed-post/where-theres-a-winney-theres-a-way-meet-rwinney/

+Follow the About Connect page to see all the Member Spotlights and be notified when new spotlights are published: https://connect.mayoclinic.org/page/about-connect/tab/newsfeed/

Jump to this post

@rwinney @hopeful33250 Hello! I LOVED reading about you Rachel!! Thank you for sharing with all of us! My experience w/ Mayo blog is similar to you in the trust/security aspect and just about everything else! So good to know you all here! I feel blessed to have found you all!!! Many blessingsm Sunnyflower aka Sunny

@sunnyflower

@rwinney @hopeful33250 Hello! I LOVED reading about you Rachel!! Thank you for sharing with all of us! My experience w/ Mayo blog is similar to you in the trust/security aspect and just about everything else! So good to know you all here! I feel blessed to have found you all!!! Many blessingsm Sunnyflower aka Sunny

Jump to this post

@sunnyflower Thank you my dear! So blessed to have you here with us too 🌞🌷.
Rachel

@rwinney

@sunnyflower Thank you my dear! So blessed to have you here with us too 🌞🌷.
Rachel

Jump to this post

Thx Rachel. How do you get the cute flower and sun on here? I don't have or see an option on my MS Surface tablet. Thanks! Sunnyflower

@sunnyflower

Thx Rachel. How do you get the cute flower and sun on here? I don't have or see an option on my MS Surface tablet. Thanks! Sunnyflower

Jump to this post

@sunnyflower
Hi Sunny, not sure what the best way is for doing emojis on a tablet, but here is a link to a website with the largest collection of of emojis I have personally ever seen:
https://unicode.org/emoji/charts/full-emoji-list.html
If it works for you, you could go to this site, find an emoji you want, do a "copy" of that one, and then go to wherever you want to put it and do "paste". On this website if you search the word "flower" it will take you to a large collection of different ones. There are quite a few to choose from (they have several sunflowers, btw 🌻) Same with suns, just search for the word "sun" 🌞.

If you search the web for the word "emojis" there are many other collections available as well, in case this one is not to your liking.

Hope this is helpful. 💐
Hank

Please sign in or register to post a reply.