Liver transplant - Let's support each other

Posted by lmctif @lmctif, Oct 29, 2018

What topics do people who are waiting for a liver transplant want to talk about? Who has had a liver transplant and wants to talk about?

Interested in more discussions like this? Go to the Transplants Support Group.

@racing212

Thanks. I'm doing ok just wasn't expecting to hear that. I'm not sure how that affects the liver wait time

Jump to this post

@racing212, I'm going to be thinking of you as you move forward. Sorry to learn of this barrier in front of you.
I see that you are connecting with others in the Kidney groups that Colleen shared with you.

Are there any extra labs, or tests, or follow-up monitoring that will be done locally between now and your next Mayo appointment?
Hang i there, racing212.

@rosemarya

@racing212, I'm going to be thinking of you as you move forward. Sorry to learn of this barrier in front of you.
I see that you are connecting with others in the Kidney groups that Colleen shared with you.

Are there any extra labs, or tests, or follow-up monitoring that will be done locally between now and your next Mayo appointment?
Hang i there, racing212.

Jump to this post

Thanks, I'll be going back in the fall for More tests

@racing212

I was at Mayo MN over the week and my meld score went up and I also was told that I have kidney cancer

Jump to this post

Not sure this is the correct email to ask this question about. Here goes.
Received my second COVID vaccine on 2/8/21. Need proof of vaccination. How
can I obtain this? My work will reimburse me for the time it took to
receive the two vaccines and I also need the written documentation. Please
advise.

@sue6175

Not sure this is the correct email to ask this question about. Here goes.
Received my second COVID vaccine on 2/8/21. Need proof of vaccination. How
can I obtain this? My work will reimburse me for the time it took to
receive the two vaccines and I also need the written documentation. Please
advise.

Jump to this post

@sue6175 - I was given a CDC - Covid19 Vaccination Record Card when I got my 1st dose. Includes my name, DOB, a place for medical record o ID (lis)number. Also has the product name and Lot number with date and Healthcare professional. You should have received one at first dose and had it with you for 2nd dose. If you have misplaced it, why don’t you contact the facility where you received your vaccine so they can look it up and provide the necessary documentation for your workplace.
I hope this helps.

@rosemarya

@sue6175 - I was given a CDC - Covid19 Vaccination Record Card when I got my 1st dose. Includes my name, DOB, a place for medical record o ID (lis)number. Also has the product name and Lot number with date and Healthcare professional. You should have received one at first dose and had it with you for 2nd dose. If you have misplaced it, why don’t you contact the facility where you received your vaccine so they can look it up and provide the necessary documentation for your workplace.
I hope this helps.

Jump to this post

I got both vaccines and did not receive any kind of card. It was at Mayo Clinic Jacksonville. Mayo Clinic, please advise me.

@rosemarya

I hope this helps.

Jump to this post

@rosemarya A very thoughtful worker at my 2nd dose site, on Sunday, advised me to take a picture of the completed card to keep on my phone. Great idea! I am also going to laminate the card to keep in my wallet. The vaccination record was given to me at time of first dose, and I had to produce it for 2nd dose.
Ginger

@sue6175

I got both vaccines and did not receive any kind of card. It was at Mayo Clinic Jacksonville. Mayo Clinic, please advise me.

Jump to this post

Sue, I transplanted at Mayo MN, but did not get my vaccine at Mayo. I wonder if that explains why I got a card and you didn’t. Anyway, I did contact my transplant coordinator, sent her a copy of my card via my private patient portal, and she has it posted in my Medical Records -Immunization Record.
Have you checked your Patient Portal under Immunizations? If that doesn’t work for you, then I would most definitely contact Mayo.

@rosemarya

I hope this helps.

Jump to this post

@rosemarya @sue6175 I too received a card similar to what Rosemary describes but I was told that it is not an official record of vaccination and I would have to obtain that afterward if I needed one to travel or anything like that. Unfortunately, since it was not something I need right now, and I was tired of asking the nurse to repeat herself due to my hearing disability, I did not really hear exactly where she said I would need to get it. I figured when I need to have one I will face that dilemma then.

@gingerw Is your card small enough to fit into your wallet? Mine unfortunately is just a bit too large to fit into the slots for credit cards, etc.
JK

@sue6175

Jump to this post

Hi @sue6175, The Vaccination card was created by the CDC to be a helpful reminder and a way to confirm that the correct second dose is provided to you. At Mayo Clinic, however, the card is not necessary because Mayo is able to track when you should return and which vaccine you will need for your second dose. Should you have a need for the information on the card, it will be made available in your Patient Online Services account under immunizations.

It has been a long year, a lonely year, and I think it is time to come together again. What do you think? Are you ready to pull up a comfy chair and learn about the changes that you are seeing on Mayo Connect?

You can read about all of the improvements in the Blogs>About Connect: Who, What & Why>Newsfeed. This Newsfeed will be updated regularly, so you are never too early - or - too late to get started.
About Connect: Who, What & WhyNewsfeed
https://connect.mayoclinic.org/blog/about-connect/

@sue6175, @racing212, @jackie421blfdgurl, @tgm512500, @athenalee, @stella25, @tjgisewhite, @jeanne5009, @kimestes, @contentandwell, @jerrynord, @lvowell, @livertrex, @khh, @gphetteplace, @kltchrmn, @luckonetj, @paulapartyof1, @athoub, @jdlogan65, @svezir,@benlam11, @jodeej, @wildcat, @xplantsister, @jsw, @brantodd1, @des46893, @michaelswaim, any an all interested members....

Spring is on its way! I hope to hear from all of you soon.
What is happening in your transplant life?

Please sign in or register to post a reply.