How about a laugh, (hopefully)

Posted by Leonard @jakedduck1, Dec 31, 2018

I believe laughter is the best medicine. Laughter has actually been scientifically proven to help people with depression issues.
Let’s give it a try so we can all get happy and feel better. Many Epilepsy forums I’ve been on had joke sections. I was probably the biggest joke of all since I didn’t get a lot of the jokes. They said the jokes couldn’t be above 4th grade level for me to understand them so my jokes may be rather simplistic but let’s give it a try.
Have a lovely day everyone,
Jake

Interested in more discussions like this? Go to the Just Want to Talk Support Group.

@hrhwilliam

I have a horse called Mayo. And sometimes Mayo neighs.

Jump to this post

Your Mayo joke reminded me of the one of the hilarious scenes in the comedy movie "Airplane". The pilot is on an urgent call with the Mayo Clinic about quickly flying in a patient for a heart transplant. He interrupted mid call by a telephone operator, who tells him that there is an "emergency" call for him from Mr. Ham on line 5.

The pilot says, "Ok give me Ham on five hold the Mayo".

It’s been discovered that William Tell and his son belonged to a bowling league. But Swiss historians have not been able to determine the names of the league’s sponsors. So we’ll never get to know for whom the Tells bowled.

@lagrange5

Your Mayo joke reminded me of the one of the hilarious scenes in the comedy movie "Airplane". The pilot is on an urgent call with the Mayo Clinic about quickly flying in a patient for a heart transplant. He interrupted mid call by a telephone operator, who tells him that there is an "emergency" call for him from Mr. Ham on line 5.

The pilot says, "Ok give me Ham on five hold the Mayo".

Jump to this post

Haha-- When I repeated the horse/Mayo joke to my husband, he immediately thought of that movie, too. He also said something about there being a wall full of mayonaise jars behind the doctor at the Mayo clinic.
I bet everyone who works at Mayo clinic has heard every mayo pun there is.

Lagrange, when my husband goes on break from work, I will ask him to explain the punch line you wrote...I still don't get it.

@kamama94

It’s been discovered that William Tell and his son belonged to a bowling league. But Swiss historians have not been able to determine the names of the league’s sponsors. So we’ll never get to know for whom the Tells bowled.

Jump to this post

William Tell- grooooan! Great!

"Ask not for whom the bell tolls; it tolls for thee."

Anyone remember if this quote is from John Donne? "Meditation 17"? No cheating by using the google- haha. Let's see if we still can work our retrieval brain cells.

Frankly, as maybe you can tell, I've given up on retrieving correct English spellings!
Es mucho mas facil el deletrear en espanol!

@annewoodmayo

Anyone remember if this quote is from John Donne? "Meditation 17"? No cheating by using the google- haha. Let's see if we still can work our retrieval brain cells.

Frankly, as maybe you can tell, I've given up on retrieving correct English spellings!

Jump to this post

Yes, John Donne. And it may be easier in Spanish but certainly not in Cherokee! (I only know a few phrases, LOL)

@annewoodmayo

Haha-- When I repeated the horse/Mayo joke to my husband, he immediately thought of that movie, too. He also said something about there being a wall full of mayonaise jars behind the doctor at the Mayo clinic.
I bet everyone who works at Mayo clinic has heard every mayo pun there is.

Lagrange, when my husband goes on break from work, I will ask him to explain the punch line you wrote...I still don't get it.

Jump to this post

Anne, you can Google for YouTube videos of the actual movie scene. Just type in the punchline. The pilot is portrayed by Peter Graves. It's as funny now as it was then.

@loribmt

I got called pretty today! Well, actually the full statement was, “You’re pretty annoying”, but I only focus on positive things. 🙃

Jump to this post

You are not annoying.

@annewoodmayo

Jump to this post

I like the Latin:
"Proxima es no fumero".

My loose version:
"Close but no cigar".

@kamama94

Jump to this post

@kamama94

Oh my giggle!

A burst out loud joke!

FL Mary

Please sign in or register to post a reply.