How about a laugh, (hopefully)

Posted by Leonard @jakedduck1, Dec 31, 2018

I believe laughter is the best medicine. Laughter has actually been scientifically proven to help people with depression issues.
Let’s give it a try so we can all get happy and feel better. Many Epilepsy forums I’ve been on had joke sections. I was probably the biggest joke of all since I didn’t get a lot of the jokes. They said the jokes couldn’t be above 4th grade level for me to understand them so my jokes may be rather simplistic but let’s give it a try.
Have a lovely day everyone,
Jake

Interested in more discussions like this? Go to the Just Want to Talk Support Group.

@dbeshears1

I sometimes get distracted by the strangest things. During the joke, I kept wondering about the name Magillicuddy that I’ve never heard. So after reading the joke, I googled it. The only hit I got was on “Mc”Gillicuddy, but there were several interesting items. So thanks for the laugh today and a little side trivia I learned on a different word to boot!

Jump to this post

Thanks for the info. I thought I just made up the name

Y’all have nothing to worry about. These squirrels are staring directly at me. ☺️

@dbeshears1

I sometimes get distracted by the strangest things. During the joke, I kept wondering about the name Magillicuddy that I’ve never heard. So after reading the joke, I googled it. The only hit I got was on “Mc”Gillicuddy, but there were several interesting items. So thanks for the laugh today and a little side trivia I learned on a different word to boot!

Jump to this post

That was Lucy Ricardo's maiden name on I Love Lucy! It always made me giggle as a child!

@lyndac1027

That was Lucy Ricardo's maiden name on I Love Lucy! It always made me giggle as a child!

Jump to this post

That was one of the things google said!

@lagrange5

"Do you believe in free will?"

"Yes, I do."

"Why is that?"

"I have no choice"

Jump to this post

An actual reply from a friend:

Only our smart phones have free will. Our only choice is when to update to the next release.

An elderly man was lying in his hospital bed with a worried look on his face. When the nurse came by to check on him he spoke softly in her ear. "Oh", she said, "I'll check". So she pulled the sheet up, looked and felt around between his legs then covered him up. "No, there's no problem" she assured him.
"That was very nice" he smiled "but are my test results back?"

An old man and an old woman had spent their entire lives together.

They were childhood sweethearts first, and had actually been married now for more than 60 years.

Over all the years that they had been together, the elderly couple shared everything - keeping no secrets from each other.

Except for ONE thing…

The little old woman had a shoe box in the top of her closet that she had made her husband promise never to open - until the day she ever became deathly ill.

For all of these years, he had never thought about the box - keeping his promise.

One day the little old woman got very sick and the doctor said she would not recover.

Despite being devastated by the news, the couple needed to settle important matters before they ran out of time. So the woman decided she would finally tell her husband what the contents of the shoebox were.

The elderly man then took the shoebox out from his wife’s closet and brought it straight to her bedside.

Upon opening, the man was shocked to find two crocheted dolls, and piles & piles of money that had to be at least $250,000 !!!

The wife then explained to her dear sweet husband about the contents of the box.

"When we were to be married," she said, "my wise grandmother told me the secret of a happy marriage was to never once argue.”

“She said that if I ever got angry with you, I should just keep quiet and crochet a doll - to help ease my emotions."

The old man looked at the shoebox again.

The old man was so touched he had to hold himself back from crying, as there were only TWO crocheted dolls inside the shoebox.

Presumably, his wife had only been mad at him TWICE over the span of almost 70 years in their blissful married life! He breathed a huge sigh of relief at this remarkable thought.

He scooped his wife up out of sheer happiness and gave her a big kiss. After a moment, he looked lovingly into her eyes and asked:

"Honey," he said, "That explains the two dolls, but what about ALL of this money? Where did this ridiculous amount of cash come from??”

"Oh, that money?” she said.
"𝐓𝐡𝐚𝐭'𝐬 𝐭𝐡𝐞 𝐦𝐨𝐧𝐞𝐲 𝐈 𝐦𝐚𝐝𝐞 𝐟𝐫𝐨𝐦 𝐬𝐞𝐥𝐥𝐢𝐧𝐠 𝐭𝐡𝐞 𝐝𝐨𝐥𝐥𝐬.”

@jakedduck1

I should see these coming but I always end up laughing out loud.

Thanks for endorphins

FL Mary

@imallears

@jakedduck1

I should see these coming but I always end up laughing out loud.

Thanks for endorphins

FL Mary

Jump to this post

Tomorrow is “National gray haired grumpy old man day”

Note to Fl Mary (@imallear.) For ladies it's Nov 5th.

Jake

@lyndac1027

Jump to this post

Hi lyndac!

When I read "Maguilliguddy," I thought there was a "Lucy" connection, but I couldn't pinpoint it.

Thanks for scratching that mental itch for me!

I love coming to this site! You all are wonderful!

Please sign in or register to post a reply.