How about a laugh, (hopefully)

Posted by Leonard @jakedduck1, Dec 31, 2018

I believe laughter is the best medicine. Laughter has actually been scientifically proven to help people with depression issues.
Let’s give it a try so we can all get happy and feel better. Many Epilepsy forums I’ve been on had joke sections. I was probably the biggest joke of all since I didn’t get a lot of the jokes. They said the jokes couldn’t be above 4th grade level for me to understand them so my jokes may be rather simplistic but let’s give it a try.
Have a lovely day everyone,
Jake

Interested in more discussions like this? Go to the Just Want to Talk Support Group.

@imallears

@lagrange5

I got It! After I said it out loud and groaned. Is this a Dad joke or a smarty pants joke? Love it…these type of riddles are so valuable for brain exercises…thanks.

FL Mary who feels a little bit smarter now lol.

Jump to this post

Glad you liked it! I just wanted to share a funny one I heard!

@lagrange5

Lori, thank you for your kind words. And you noticed L5! I love astronomy, I'm an amateur astronomer. I have thought about posting some astronomy humor, but I love cornball as well.

For our non-astronomer friends:
Lagrange was a French mathematician, who calculated that there are 5 stable gravity points in a planet-moon or a star-planet system. Lagrange 5 (also known as L5) is at the 2 o' clock orbit point and is extremely stable.

Sarah Williams, an astronomer and poet wrote;
"Though my soul may set in darkness, it will rise in perfect light; I have loved the stars too truly to be fearful of the night."

Jump to this post

What a beautiful poem! (and I am very, very fussy about poetry)

What silly, funny, smart jokes! I had to think a while about 11+11, too. "Good for the brain" is right.

What a great way to start the day! THANKS, everybody! Have a great day!

@lagrange5

Lori, thank you for your kind words. And you noticed L5! I love astronomy, I'm an amateur astronomer. I have thought about posting some astronomy humor, but I love cornball as well.

For our non-astronomer friends:
Lagrange was a French mathematician, who calculated that there are 5 stable gravity points in a planet-moon or a star-planet system. Lagrange 5 (also known as L5) is at the 2 o' clock orbit point and is extremely stable.

Sarah Williams, an astronomer and poet wrote;
"Though my soul may set in darkness, it will rise in perfect light; I have loved the stars too truly to be fearful of the night."

Jump to this post

Very interesting! Thanks for explaining that. Not having a clue, I had just been wondering if you might be from Lagrange GA

@annewoodmayo

What a beautiful poem! (and I am very, very fussy about poetry)

What silly, funny, smart jokes! I had to think a while about 11+11, too. "Good for the brain" is right.

What a great way to start the day! THANKS, everybody! Have a great day!

Jump to this post

It's good to know you're happy with the jokes and poem. I like to make people laugh and smile, and I like poetry with a positive ending. Keep amusing and enjoying yourself!

Mr Frog decided to trace his genealogy one day.
He found out he was a tad-polish.

@dbeshears1

Very interesting! Thanks for explaining that. Not having a clue, I had just been wondering if you might be from Lagrange GA

Jump to this post

Someone thought I was from La Grange CA. There are several places named La Grange, but for me it means gravity in space. Maybe there's a connection between telling jokes and being spaced out!

A few puns make me numb. But Math puns make me number.

A young man named Chuck bought a horse from a farmer for $250. The farmer agreed to deliver the horse the next day. The next day, the farmer drove up to Chucks house and said, "Sorry son, but I have some bad news, the horse died."
Chuck replied, "Well, then just give me my money back."
The farmer said, "Can't do that. I went and spent it already."
Chuck said, "Ok, then, just bring me the dead horse."
The farmer asked, "What ya gonna do with him?"
Chuck said, "I'm going to raffle him off."
The farmer said, "You can't raffle off a dead horse!"
Chuck said, "Sure I can, Watch me. I just won't tell any body he's dead."
A month Later, the farmer met up with Chuck and asked, "What happened with that dead horse?"
Chuck said, "I raffled him off. I sold 500 tickets at five dollars a piece and made a profit of $2495."
The farmer said, "Didn't anyone complain?"
Chuck said, "Just the guy who won. So I gave him his five dollars back."

@nonobaddog

A young man named Chuck bought a horse from a farmer for $250. The farmer agreed to deliver the horse the next day. The next day, the farmer drove up to Chucks house and said, "Sorry son, but I have some bad news, the horse died."
Chuck replied, "Well, then just give me my money back."
The farmer said, "Can't do that. I went and spent it already."
Chuck said, "Ok, then, just bring me the dead horse."
The farmer asked, "What ya gonna do with him?"
Chuck said, "I'm going to raffle him off."
The farmer said, "You can't raffle off a dead horse!"
Chuck said, "Sure I can, Watch me. I just won't tell any body he's dead."
A month Later, the farmer met up with Chuck and asked, "What happened with that dead horse?"
Chuck said, "I raffled him off. I sold 500 tickets at five dollars a piece and made a profit of $2495."
The farmer said, "Didn't anyone complain?"
Chuck said, "Just the guy who won. So I gave him his five dollars back."

Jump to this post

Great one. It's early in the day as I write this and looking at my 'schedule' I was down in the dumps. This one brought me up to higher level. Thanks for sending.

A farmer woke up one Sunday morning to a blizzard. He put on his winter clothes and walked a mile in the blinding snowstorm to get to his church service. He was the only one there, but the preacher, so happy to see someone show up, delivered his sermon. He went on and on for well over an hour.
After the sermon, the man walked up to the Preacher and said, “Pastor, I am a farmer. When I go to out to feed my cows, and only one shows up, I feed him - but I don’t feed him the whole damn lot!”

Please sign in or register to post a reply.