Grover's Disease: What works to help find relief?

Posted by 43219876x @43219876x, Sep 23, 2016

I have been diagnosed with Grover's disease under my breasts. I had a biopsy for diagnosis. Tried topical ointment with no really good results. Any ideas?

Interested in more discussions like this? Go to the Skin Health Support Group.

@kimass1

Good Afternoon! ( I have some interesting findings) My red, extremely itchy spots have all gone and faded since I started drinking the cilantro smoothies. However, I still have the hives like rashes that my Dermatologists insist is not part of GD. I did the 5 day (in this case 4 day) extended patch test and my results were negative to all. So at least I know I am not allergic to chemicals present in metals (e.g., nickel), rubber, leather, formaldehyde, lanolin, fragrance, toiletries, hair dyes, medicine, pharmaceutical items, food, drink, preservative, and so on. I also saw an allergist and not allergic to anything he tested either. BUT, I did also go gluten free, dairy free (except some butter) and egg free for the last 3 weeks and the rash has subsided quite a bit. Which is great. So there may be a gut/gluten, dairy connection to these rashes. I also found another support group on FB https://www.facebook.com/groups/2434702380189797/ where others are sharing their stories. I am finding that so many people have different symptoms and different triggers. It's really quite interesting and frustrating at the same time. I am now not so sure that the hives are not a symptom of the GD. A few people in the group also have the hives like rash.....so.... Maybe the Cilantro works on the red itchy bump part of the disease only? Maybe it's just not really working for me the same as it does for others? Who knows? I will keep researching and trying to help figure out this monster of a disease. Hopefully one day a Doctor will care enough to do the same!

Jump to this post

I know the patch test is uncomfortable and expensive but at least you learned you are not allergic to your contacts like I am and many others. You can check this form of eczema off your list. For those of us with eczema learning the name of our type is critical. As you have learned treating GD is unique, just as others have unique treatment. You are thinking this rash may not even be eczema it could be hives and I assume your doctor has ruled out psoriasis. Plus you are right about many of us having atypical symptoms for the same disease. I do know those of us with one autoimmune disease collect others. All of us on this site are researching, trying to learn more about our health issues and you have been instrumental in helping many of us because of your input on cilantro. Thank you for depths of my heart for teaching us about cilantro and drinking my daily smoothie stopped my breakout earlier this spring and I have had a wonderful summer!

@kimass1 Yes, thank you from the depths of my being for introducing us to the cilantro plan. I bless you daily! Also bless @gardeningjunkie for her many inputs that changed my life. (Whole 30, cotton, etc.)

@gardeningjunkie I was MORE than happy to share the information on cilantro! I know how terrible this disease can be and at the time, I thought there would be no way I could live like that for much longer. So, if I am able to help anyone else relieve those awful symptoms I will continue to shout it from the rooftops until Doctors jump on board and actually try and help us find REAL solutions and not just those that mask the problem temporarily! However, my quest continues...I won't atop researching! <3 and will continue to try and help. We have a special and caring group here and I am so glad I found you!

I realize now that Cannabidiol (CBD) and cannabinoids are not he same thing..

@kimass1

@gardeningjunkie I was MORE than happy to share the information on cilantro! I know how terrible this disease can be and at the time, I thought there would be no way I could live like that for much longer. So, if I am able to help anyone else relieve those awful symptoms I will continue to shout it from the rooftops until Doctors jump on board and actually try and help us find REAL solutions and not just those that mask the problem temporarily! However, my quest continues...I won't atop researching! <3 and will continue to try and help. We have a special and caring group here and I am so glad I found you!

Jump to this post

HI All! I have been doing a little more researching and with the help of another blogger, I have come across another possible "remedy" for Grover's disease. I first read of it on the earthclinic website. (which is where I found out about the cilantro) It is a supplement called Molybdendum. On earthclinic, the author stated that he had Grover's Disease and after taking 1000 mg a day he was no longer troubled with it. However, he was the ONLY person on the site making this claim, so I dismissed it. But, another blogger on the Grover's Disease Support Group FB page is now making the same claim and has posted some studies featuring the connection between mercury toxicity, candida and Grover's. In a nutshell, the studies show that Mercury damages the basement membrane of the skin! Mercury also feeds Candida...which produces the very toxic/neurotoxic acetaldehyde...which is detoxed by Molybdenum. She hypothesizes that " If we are mercury toxic, then we are also probably acetaldehyde toxic" and her Grovers went away with Molybdendum supplementation. Cilantro also is a Mercury/heavy metal chelator. So there MAY be a connection and this could also be a viable solution for those who may not have had complete success with the cilantro. OR could be an alternative to the cilantro. I am not 100% certain of any of this information. But the author is convinced of it. Many people on the FB page are jumping on the bandwagon and are to report back their findings. I will keep you posted as I hear more. I am also giving it a try. I got my first bottle today. I will be the guinea pig for us. I have not ingested the cilantro for two days and will stay off of it for the next 30 days while I try out the Molybdendum. A lot of the members of the FB page also have similar rashes to the one I have in addition to the red papules. My red papules and SEVERE itching went away with Cilantro and I was completely rash free for over a month but then little by little I began getting a hives like rash that travels and has been bothersome. I think it may be part of the GD even though my derms state otherwise. But the GD rashes described by some of the people posting on this FB page vary, and mine could very well be just the Grover's in one of it's many forms??? Who knows. But I do know that it is up to us to collectively figure this out since no dermatologists seem to care enough to do so. Once again, I'll keep you posted and wish me luck! If it doesn't work, I will quickly go back to cilantro, since it has been a godsend for me and so many others.

@kimass1

HI All! I have been doing a little more researching and with the help of another blogger, I have come across another possible "remedy" for Grover's disease. I first read of it on the earthclinic website. (which is where I found out about the cilantro) It is a supplement called Molybdendum. On earthclinic, the author stated that he had Grover's Disease and after taking 1000 mg a day he was no longer troubled with it. However, he was the ONLY person on the site making this claim, so I dismissed it. But, another blogger on the Grover's Disease Support Group FB page is now making the same claim and has posted some studies featuring the connection between mercury toxicity, candida and Grover's. In a nutshell, the studies show that Mercury damages the basement membrane of the skin! Mercury also feeds Candida...which produces the very toxic/neurotoxic acetaldehyde...which is detoxed by Molybdenum. She hypothesizes that " If we are mercury toxic, then we are also probably acetaldehyde toxic" and her Grovers went away with Molybdendum supplementation. Cilantro also is a Mercury/heavy metal chelator. So there MAY be a connection and this could also be a viable solution for those who may not have had complete success with the cilantro. OR could be an alternative to the cilantro. I am not 100% certain of any of this information. But the author is convinced of it. Many people on the FB page are jumping on the bandwagon and are to report back their findings. I will keep you posted as I hear more. I am also giving it a try. I got my first bottle today. I will be the guinea pig for us. I have not ingested the cilantro for two days and will stay off of it for the next 30 days while I try out the Molybdendum. A lot of the members of the FB page also have similar rashes to the one I have in addition to the red papules. My red papules and SEVERE itching went away with Cilantro and I was completely rash free for over a month but then little by little I began getting a hives like rash that travels and has been bothersome. I think it may be part of the GD even though my derms state otherwise. But the GD rashes described by some of the people posting on this FB page vary, and mine could very well be just the Grover's in one of it's many forms??? Who knows. But I do know that it is up to us to collectively figure this out since no dermatologists seem to care enough to do so. Once again, I'll keep you posted and wish me luck! If it doesn't work, I will quickly go back to cilantro, since it has been a godsend for me and so many others.

Jump to this post

@kimass1 What is the name of the Facebook page?

@kimass1

Jump to this post

You are the best at research. There is so much for us to learn. I know now that cilantro is a heavy metal chelator or cleaner. I know Molybdenum is a metal, but read it is a less toxic heavy metal, not like lead or mercury. I am curious and confused since the cilantro is detoxing us of metals, it makes no sense to me that a metal like molybdenum would help us. I have been thinking metals are bad and I am allergic to 6 metals, but not to molybdenum. Yet if the cilantro stopped working for me I would give it a try. I still have about a half dozen scabs on lower back left over from GD which may be with me for life. They can wash off in shower only to return. No pus. Only one or 2 are mildly itch, a non-issue. I'm thrilled and all because of you!
I have heard good things about the Facebook page, but have avoided joining as it seems every part of our lives is exposed and I prefer to be anonymous. Yet wondering if I can join without actually revealing who I am to the world as I would like to read the GD site on FB.
I'm sorry about your new rash symptoms, is it as itchy as GD? You know I have 3 forms of eczema and have forgotten if you have multiple forms. Eczema is an autoimmune disease and many with one autoimmune disease have others. I still drink my cilantro smoothie daily and strangely am starting to enjoy it as a refreshing drink.

@gardeningjunkie

You are the best at research. There is so much for us to learn. I know now that cilantro is a heavy metal chelator or cleaner. I know Molybdenum is a metal, but read it is a less toxic heavy metal, not like lead or mercury. I am curious and confused since the cilantro is detoxing us of metals, it makes no sense to me that a metal like molybdenum would help us. I have been thinking metals are bad and I am allergic to 6 metals, but not to molybdenum. Yet if the cilantro stopped working for me I would give it a try. I still have about a half dozen scabs on lower back left over from GD which may be with me for life. They can wash off in shower only to return. No pus. Only one or 2 are mildly itch, a non-issue. I'm thrilled and all because of you!
I have heard good things about the Facebook page, but have avoided joining as it seems every part of our lives is exposed and I prefer to be anonymous. Yet wondering if I can join without actually revealing who I am to the world as I would like to read the GD site on FB.
I'm sorry about your new rash symptoms, is it as itchy as GD? You know I have 3 forms of eczema and have forgotten if you have multiple forms. Eczema is an autoimmune disease and many with one autoimmune disease have others. I still drink my cilantro smoothie daily and strangely am starting to enjoy it as a refreshing drink.

Jump to this post

In honesty I am a bit confused about the whole heavy metal thing too. But I’m going to keep researching and see what I can find. In the meantime all I’ve read leads me to believe it’s a safe supplement.

Please sign in or register to post a reply.