Gratitude Discussion Group

Posted by Debbra Williams, Alumna Mentor @debbraw, Nov 24, 2018

Hi everyone! Just before Thanksgiving @michellegraffradford posted a blog called Gratitude Changes Everything. She suggested three techniques to help incorporate gratitude into our daily lives:

• Start the Day with Gratitude (before getting up think of three people you are grateful for)

• Maintain a Gratitude Journal to record times when you are grateful

• Count Blessings – not sheep! (Review the day and remember moments of gratitude)

Her blogpost was so inspiring that a lot of us decided we wanted to form a Gratitude Group to keep the attitude of gratitude going. The blogpost area is not an ideal space for a big discussion group so I am moving the discussion over here to the “Just Want to Talk” Group. Let’s use this space to share and discuss our Gratitude Journey. I’m going to suggest that we each try to take a minute from the day and post here what has made us feel thankful today. It can be as small as a stranger’s smile on the bus or as large as fulfilling a major life dream – or anywhere in between. We can also discuss how we are doing with the three techniques. Sometimes it is easier to form new habits with support from others.

Michelle's full blogpost is at the link below. You may want to review it or print it out to help get started!
https://connect.mayoclinic.org/page/living-with-mild-cognitive-impairment-mci/newsfeed/gratitude-changes-everything/

I look forward to hearing from others in the Gratitude Group and to having others join us here! Thanks to those who already shared great stories. If you haven't yet, what gratitude will you share today?!

Interested in more discussions like this? Go to the Just Want to Talk Support Group.

@gingerw

@lioness If memory serves me correctly, you and I are a long 30 miles apart, you near the ocean, me next to the foothills. When I came out from the department at 2pm, thermometer read 104 outside air in my car. Here at home, the thermometer on north side of house in the shade is reading 99 with 28% humidity. Turned on the a/c when I got home, and hope it cools to high 60s tonight for sleep!
Ginger

Jump to this post

@gingerw Gee wiz!! That’s too hot! We’re up against the foothills of the Rockies and it was 47 degrees this morning. Had a light winter jacket on! Stay indoors

@becsbuddy

@gingerw Gee wiz!! That’s too hot! We’re up against the foothills of the Rockies and it was 47 degrees this morning. Had a light winter jacket on! Stay indoors

Jump to this post

101 here too now.
Jake

@jakedduck1

@lioness
It’s suppose to be 104 here today. Bet your glad to be near the ocean!
Jake

Jump to this post

@jakedduck1 Yep as last warm we have the ocean breeze it's cool

@gingerw

@lioness If memory serves me correctly, you and I are a long 30 miles apart, you near the ocean, me next to the foothills. When I came out from the department at 2pm, thermometer read 104 outside air in my car. Here at home, the thermometer on north side of house in the shade is reading 99 with 28% humidity. Turned on the a/c when I got home, and hope it cools to high 60s tonight for sleep!
Ginger

Jump to this post

@gingerw Yes with the breeze it's nice 90% 12% humidity get @imallers would like this ..

@jakedduck1

@lioness
Up to 102 now. 106 tomorrow.
Jake

Jump to this post

@jakedduck1 to not Up at Montclair where I use to live it got to 110 I stayed in senior center played cards

@lioness

@jakedduck1 to not Up at Montclair where I use to live it got to 110 I stayed in senior center played cards

Jump to this post

It's been great here in NH -- hit around 80 today. I can deal with that easily.
JK

@contentandwell

It's been great here in NH -- hit around 80 today. I can deal with that easily.
JK

Jump to this post

@contentandwell
Goodness, in the winter it’s like living in the Arctic and now it’s like the tropics. Doesn’t NH hold the record for the windiest place in the US?
Jake

@jakedduck1

@contentandwell
Goodness, in the winter it’s like living in the Arctic and now it’s like the tropics. Doesn’t NH hold the record for the windiest place in the US?
Jake

Jump to this post

@jakedduck1 I think your thinking of the windy city. Chicago

Please sign in or register to post a reply.