Gratitude Discussion Group

Posted by Debbra Williams, Alumna Mentor @debbraw, Nov 24, 2018

Hi everyone! Just before Thanksgiving @michellegraffradford posted a blog called Gratitude Changes Everything. She suggested three techniques to help incorporate gratitude into our daily lives:

• Start the Day with Gratitude (before getting up think of three people you are grateful for)

• Maintain a Gratitude Journal to record times when you are grateful

• Count Blessings – not sheep! (Review the day and remember moments of gratitude)

Her blogpost was so inspiring that a lot of us decided we wanted to form a Gratitude Group to keep the attitude of gratitude going. The blogpost area is not an ideal space for a big discussion group so I am moving the discussion over here to the “Just Want to Talk” Group. Let’s use this space to share and discuss our Gratitude Journey. I’m going to suggest that we each try to take a minute from the day and post here what has made us feel thankful today. It can be as small as a stranger’s smile on the bus or as large as fulfilling a major life dream – or anywhere in between. We can also discuss how we are doing with the three techniques. Sometimes it is easier to form new habits with support from others.

Michelle's full blogpost is at the link below. You may want to review it or print it out to help get started!
https://connect.mayoclinic.org/page/living-with-mild-cognitive-impairment-mci/newsfeed/gratitude-changes-everything/

I look forward to hearing from others in the Gratitude Group and to having others join us here! Thanks to those who already shared great stories. If you haven't yet, what gratitude will you share today?!

Interested in more discussions like this? Go to the Just Want to Talk Support Group.

@gingerw

Today I am grateful for the liquid sunshine that is heralding the first day of Spring! I am disappointed that the clouds may still be covering the sky so I won't be able to see the official supermoon tonight. But I was able to see the moon setting this morning at 4:30. Does that count? I am also grateful for the energy that the cats show from time to time, reminding me that yes I need to get off the couch and move too.
Ginger

Jump to this post

@gingerw Love “liquid sunshine!” Maybe some of grass will turn green. But today I felt well enough to go out and run errands with my husband and we didn’t even wear our coats! 48* and sunshine means it’s hot. So grateful to feel better and to have the sun!

@becsbuddy Glad you feel better breath that fresh air

@hopeful33250 Last cojple of days my b.p. has been really high diastolic in 90,s todsy its back to normal almost 138/74 so must be doing leg ,ear exercises right

Grateful that we have learned of two visits we look forward to. Step-daughter Kim and her husband are coming for a weekend in April, and my sister Kim and niece Lauren are coming in May. Can't wait to have people we love here!

@lioness

@hopeful33250 Last cojple of days my b.p. has been really high diastolic in 90,s todsy its back to normal almost 138/74 so must be doing leg ,ear exercises right

Jump to this post

@lioness What are the ear and legs exercises!?

@becsbuddy Had to laugh at this as Ive had a sciatica problem Dr gave me leg exercises the ear Dr gave me ear exercises as Ive bern dizzy and a balance problem I told Theresa my B.P. had been high but is coming back down to normal guess you were out of it with the flu when talked about it

@karen00

@parus How was the CT scan?

Jump to this post

@karen00 The scan itself went smoothly. One area where technology has improved things. Meet back with ortho NP next week. tomorrow will be your big day. Keep us posted!!

@debbraw

Grateful that we have learned of two visits we look forward to. Step-daughter Kim and her husband are coming for a weekend in April, and my sister Kim and niece Lauren are coming in May. Can't wait to have people we love here!

Jump to this post

@debbraw I am feeling the same. My daughter and her husband will arrive tonight and be visiting through Sunday. I don't even mind the extra work that will mean. She has invited her closest friend and husband for dinner tomorrow so I need to cook for all.
I love when she visits. She does have to spend most of the day tomorrow in her room, telecommuting, and her husband has a business appointment in Concord (NH), but hopefully, we will get to spend some great time with them on the weekend.
JK

@contentandwell

@debbraw I am feeling the same. My daughter and her husband will arrive tonight and be visiting through Sunday. I don't even mind the extra work that will mean. She has invited her closest friend and husband for dinner tomorrow so I need to cook for all.
I love when she visits. She does have to spend most of the day tomorrow in her room, telecommuting, and her husband has a business appointment in Concord (NH), but hopefully, we will get to spend some great time with them on the weekend.
JK

Jump to this post

@contentandwell - I understand that feeling 100%

Please sign in or register to post a reply.