Gratitude Discussion Group

Posted by Debbra Williams, Alumna Mentor @debbraw, Nov 24, 2018

Hi everyone! Just before Thanksgiving @michellegraffradford posted a blog called Gratitude Changes Everything. She suggested three techniques to help incorporate gratitude into our daily lives:

• Start the Day with Gratitude (before getting up think of three people you are grateful for)

• Maintain a Gratitude Journal to record times when you are grateful

• Count Blessings – not sheep! (Review the day and remember moments of gratitude)

Her blogpost was so inspiring that a lot of us decided we wanted to form a Gratitude Group to keep the attitude of gratitude going. The blogpost area is not an ideal space for a big discussion group so I am moving the discussion over here to the “Just Want to Talk” Group. Let’s use this space to share and discuss our Gratitude Journey. I’m going to suggest that we each try to take a minute from the day and post here what has made us feel thankful today. It can be as small as a stranger’s smile on the bus or as large as fulfilling a major life dream – or anywhere in between. We can also discuss how we are doing with the three techniques. Sometimes it is easier to form new habits with support from others.

Michelle's full blogpost is at the link below. You may want to review it or print it out to help get started!
https://connect.mayoclinic.org/page/living-with-mild-cognitive-impairment-mci/newsfeed/gratitude-changes-everything/

I look forward to hearing from others in the Gratitude Group and to having others join us here! Thanks to those who already shared great stories. If you haven't yet, what gratitude will you share today?!

Interested in more discussions like this? Go to the Just Want to Talk Support Group.

The pollen count here has been high for days. I am susceptible to pollen and often get congestion that turns into a sinus infection. I am eternally grateful that it hasn't happened this year and I'm hoping for a continuation of my fine good fortune!
Belated happy Spring to everyone!

Today I am grateful my husband and stepson made it successfully to Pahrump [NV] for the start of the law enforcement challenge cup relay race. They are there until Sunday afternoon as assistants on the route. It is my husband's 24th year in a row to help on his motorcycle. I didn't go because I have an event I need to work at the Rose Bowl tomorrow morning. Next year we hope to take additional time and make a vacation out of the assignment for that challenge cup relay race.
Ginger

Grateful for unexpected joy! My niece who lives in NC took her kids to Disney World. Yesterday, they stopped by for a nice visit on their way home from the Magic Kingdom. I made cookies and we enjoyed a wonderful afternoon of catching up.

@debbraw With all the pain talk and other its nice to here happy news at times I enjoyed it glad for surprises

I am grateful for the very good weekend we spent with my daughter and son-in-law this past weekend. They kept us fairly busy, entertaining them and some friends of theirs for dinner Friday night, going out with my son-in-law's family on Saturday night, and just hanging out on Sunday, more or less.

My daughter brought me a Ruth Bader Ginsberg doll, knowing how much I admire her -- she does also. If you haven't seen the CNN special on her, I presume it must be on "On Demand", I would highly recommend it. I had no idea how much she did for gender equality. Pretty much any women who are doing well in jobs that are also male-dominated can thank her and others for being able to do those jobs, and for having an equitable pay. Men can thank her too because there were benefits that were for women and thanks to a case she brought to court those benefits are now available to men (surviving spouse).
JK

@contentandwell

I am grateful for the very good weekend we spent with my daughter and son-in-law this past weekend. They kept us fairly busy, entertaining them and some friends of theirs for dinner Friday night, going out with my son-in-law's family on Saturday night, and just hanging out on Sunday, more or less.

My daughter brought me a Ruth Bader Ginsberg doll, knowing how much I admire her -- she does also. If you haven't seen the CNN special on her, I presume it must be on "On Demand", I would highly recommend it. I had no idea how much she did for gender equality. Pretty much any women who are doing well in jobs that are also male-dominated can thank her and others for being able to do those jobs, and for having an equitable pay. Men can thank her too because there were benefits that were for women and thanks to a case she brought to court those benefits are now available to men (surviving spouse).
JK

Jump to this post

@contentandwell I'd love to have one if you know where she got it. 💝

@pearlbaby7

@contentandwell I'd love to have one if you know where she got it. 💝

Jump to this post

@pearlbaby7 Lyn, my daughter lives on a side street, smack, dab in the middle of NYC, a few blocks from Times Square. She saw it in the window of a gift shop on her street. Knowing how impressed I was after watching that TV special she bought it for me. I just did a quick google and didn’t see the same one, but there are many of us them. Mine is soft but not crocheted like one I came across is. I checked the website, www,philosophersguild.com, but I only see a finger puppet there.
JK

Oh JK @contentandwell - I LOVE the RBG doll! What a great gift.

Today I'm feeling grateful for sunshine. It's just about warm enough to start going to the pool. Today is 8 weeks since my total knee replacement and I am so ready to immerse by bionic knee in the water and do pool exercises instead of plain old PT.

How do I get off this site? This is not working for me.

@rosegold

How do I get off this site? This is not working for me.

Jump to this post

Hi @rosegold you can unsubscribe and discontinue receiving emails or choose which ones you’d like to receive related to your interests in your Account Settings.

1. Go to your Profile.
Click your avatar in the top right and select Account Settings from the drop-down menu.
2. Scroll to the Email Notifications section at the bottom of the page.
3. Check or uncheck the notification boxes to reflect your email preferences.
You can also unfollow any group or page you no longer wish to follow.
4. Click SAVE.
NOTE: To turn off email notifications from a specific discussion thread, simply click the unsubscribe link at the bottom of the next email you receive.

Please sign in or register to post a reply.