Anyone taken Evenity (romosozumab) for Osteoporosis?

Posted by arlene7 @arlene7, May 27, 2020

Has anyone taken Evenity? I understand it’s only been on the market for a little over a year. I’m hoping it will help with my severe osteoporosis. Any information is helpful.

Interested in more discussions like this? Go to the Osteoporosis & Bone Health Support Group.

@connibar

Hello, I was told by my Medicare advantage plan that my monthly Evenity shotes were a $20 co pay. The first month's bill was just processed and I owe over $800!! Help!!! I need one month, this is half of my social security check!!

Jump to this post

Is there any possibility that it has been submitted incorrectly? Have you contacted the billing dept at your doctor's medical organization or could the doctor have coded it incorrectly? Never hurts to ask. Let the doctor know that financially you may not be able to continue if this is the amount each month. I don't think many doc's know what is being charged for these drugs.

@sbcher and @connibar Medicare covers Evenity under part B, since it is given in the doctor's office. This is true for regular Medicare and Medicare Advantage. It is covered 80%. Still expensive unless you have a supplement that covers it.

@windyshores

@sbcher and @connibar Medicare covers Evenity under part B, since it is given in the doctor's office. This is true for regular Medicare and Medicare Advantage. It is covered 80%. Still expensive unless you have a supplement that covers it.

Jump to this post

Yes they cover 80%, but my out of pocket was $625

@sbcher

Yes they cover 80%, but my out of pocket was $625

Jump to this post

@sbcher just wanted to make sure it was clear is it IS covered. I paid $427. And again there may be financial assistance through Amgen.

@windyshores

Jump to this post

I checked into the cost of Evenity and was informed that my Traditional Medicare Part B and my co-insurance (Medigap insurance) would cover the cost of Evenity after I paid my deductible. I am required to get my injections in an infusion center. The injections would not be covered if I got Evenity in a doctor's office. It's worth checking your insurance and the billing.

@connibar

Hello, I was told by my Medicare advantage plan that my monthly Evenity shotes were a $20 co pay. The first month's bill was just processed and I owe over $800!! Help!!! I need one month, this is half of my social security check!!

Jump to this post

Regular Medicare (80%) plus G Supplement (20%) pays the whole amount, including the charge by institution who is giving the injection.

Medicare Advantage does not have supplements.

@naturegirl5 I am surprised an infusion center will do those quick shots!

@sandrac

Regular Medicare (80%) plus G Supplement (20%) pays the whole amount, including the charge by institution who is giving the injection.

Jump to this post

Doctor's office or infusion center?

@gravity3

Is there any possibility that it has been submitted incorrectly? Have you contacted the billing dept at your doctor's medical organization or could the doctor have coded it incorrectly? Never hurts to ask. Let the doctor know that financially you may not be able to continue if this is the amount each month. I don't think many doc's know what is being charged for these drugs.

Jump to this post

@gravity3 good idea, I will call Mayo on Monday! I just feel like something isn't right, I was charged a $20 copay at the Mayo infusion center. I called my insurance and her English was hard to understand, all she could do was give me phone numbers to get financial support. Thank you

@windyshores

Medicare Advantage does not have supplements.

@naturegirl5 I am surprised an infusion center will do those quick shots!

Jump to this post

@windyshores , I am required to get them at an Infusion center!

Please sign in or register to post a reply.