Anyone taken Evenity (romosozumab) for Osteoporosis?

Posted by arlene7 @arlene7, May 27, 2020

Has anyone taken Evenity? I understand it’s only been on the market for a little over a year. I’m hoping it will help with my severe osteoporosis. Any information is helpful.

Interested in more discussions like this? Go to the Osteoporosis & Bone Health Support Group.

@lauratys

Hi, Check out the other threads on Evenity and you will find quite a bit of information. I never experienced the fatigue, brain fog or amxiety issues but did have quite debilitating joint pain which began after the 6-7 months of treatment. Completed 11 mos and couldn't take not being able to move without pain in muscles and joints-hips were the worst but every joint right down to my fingers to one extent or another. Hope all goes well and the information on these threads are very helpful. You know "you" best so don't discount how you are feeling.

Jump to this post

Hi, I want to ask you if you were already suffering from joint pain due to osteoarthritis (as I am) when you started on Evenity? I am supposed to start it now, after one Reclast infusion, and I hesitate because I already have so much joint pain on top of Spinal stenosis that Im not sure I could handle additional pain from Evenity.

@woodsy22

Hi, I want to ask you if you were already suffering from joint pain due to osteoarthritis (as I am) when you started on Evenity? I am supposed to start it now, after one Reclast infusion, and I hesitate because I already have so much joint pain on top of Spinal stenosis that Im not sure I could handle additional pain from Evenity.

Jump to this post

Hi, I never had any joint or muscle pain prior to Evenity. It has gotten better but still don't think is fully resolved and I'm not sure why. The pain made me change my exercise/workouts and that may be contributing to my reduced range of motion even after more than a year. I am 67 and had no noticeable issues at all except a not so great DEXA which took me onto this path. I had to have rotator cuff surgery so that didn't help with mobility and strength either. It's been an interesting couple of years! I wish you the best!

I’ve just had my 4th Evenity “infusion”. It’s 2 walloping shots each time, but I’m tolerating it extremely well with enormous gratitude for that fact. I identify as super sensitive to everything so was seriously gun shy on this one and needed a dire dexy score and a dear friend’s awful bone shattering experience, to get my attention. I’m completely on board now and really hope my scan reflects the good I feel it’s doing. I’m 68 and very optimistic. I’ll update when my year is up with my next dexy score. Stay strong y’all.

Hello, I was told by my Medicare advantage plan that my monthly Evenity shotes were a $20 co pay. The first month's bill was just processed and I owe over $800!! Help!!! I need one month, this is half of my social security check!!

@connibar

Hello, I was told by my Medicare advantage plan that my monthly Evenity shotes were a $20 co pay. The first month's bill was just processed and I owe over $800!! Help!!! I need one month, this is half of my social security check!!

Jump to this post

@connibar on my Medicare Advantage we pay 20% of the cost and Medicare part B pays 80% since it is given in the office. My cost is $427/month. You might want to call Amgen to ask if there is assistance available!

@woodsy22

Jump to this post

Where is your joint pain? I started having pain in my left upper to mid back(sometimes not much and other days very bad) shortly after starting Evenity last June. Over the last few months it seems to have gotten worse. I finally went to a pain management Dr. who said I have osteoarthritis in my spine and prescribed Meloxicam. (He never even examined me, just looked at my MRI but I was desperate so went along.) I'm not sure it's helping since some days the pain is almost debilitating. I also went to PT and got massages, use heat and or ice and stretch. Sometimes that helps but not always. I just sent away for a medical marijuana card hoping I'll get some relief. I only have one more shot of Evenity so I'm sticking it out. After that? Fosamax possibly.

@windyshores

@connibar on my Medicare Advantage we pay 20% of the cost and Medicare part B pays 80% since it is given in the office. My cost is $427/month. You might want to call Amgen to ask if there is assistance available!

Jump to this post

@windyshores thank you, I will call Amgen! This autoimmune disease is causing so many illnesses and it is taking all of my savings!!

@connibar

@windyshores thank you, I will call Amgen! This autoimmune disease is causing so many illnesses and it is taking all of my savings!!

Jump to this post

@connibar I used Radius Assist for Tymlos. I filled a form out that is online at Radius, my doctor signed it, I submitted tax forms and got free Tymlos for 18 months.

At the time Amgen did not have a program like that but said they get funding from foundations so it is more than worth a try. Let us know what Amgen says!

@connibar

Jump to this post

It doesn't make sense. I tried to get a coupon from Evenity for a discount, but once they found out I have Medicare it was not covered. Most people that need this medication are under Medicare. It's a shame!

@sbcher

It doesn't make sense. I tried to get a coupon from Evenity for a discount, but once they found out I have Medicare it was not covered. Most people that need this medication are under Medicare. It's a shame!

Jump to this post

@sbcher , I know, right?? And we are the ones on a fixed income with prices just skyrocketing!!

Please sign in or register to post a reply.