Did anyone receive Glaxo Shingrix vaccine in June, July, August 2019?

Posted by tony18 @tony18, Jan 7 5:11pm

I am presently suffering from IgG4. After the Shingrix vaccine which I took on 08/08/2019, I experienced deterioration throughout my whole body, culminating in 2023 with a diagnosis of IgG4, an autoimmune disease. By this time, it had substantially affected both my kidneys and pancreas.

Interested in more discussions like this? Go to the Autoimmune Diseases Support Group.

tony18, A family member got both vaccines last year. They did not do well with the first one. Felt like they had the flu, fever, achy and arm sore at the spot. They did great with the 2nd one. I know a lot of people personally who do not do well with vaccines. The side effects can be terrific for some people like yourself. I am so sorry you are battling this. It must be so painful. Praying for you right now.

@tony18
Welcome to Connect!
I’m so sorry and upset reading what happened to you after the Shingrix vaccine!
What doctor specialty do you see for this? How old are you?
In this Autoimmune Disease Support group I have read quite a few posts from members who have developed Autoimmune Disease after Shingrix or a flare up- Covid to a lesser degree.
Personally, I’m supposed to get the Shingrix vaccine but I’m concerned about getting a new autoimmune disease or flare up of the one I have.
Let’s hope you’ll get some posts from more members.

I was unfortunate enough to get the early vaccine in 2019, which had some defect in the carrier. Since then it was pulled from the market and adjusted for the problem. After that my sister and others were vaccinated and they are OK.
I think best to talk to your doctor what s/he thinks best for you.

@tony18

I was unfortunate enough to get the early vaccine in 2019, which had some defect in the carrier. Since then it was pulled from the market and adjusted for the problem. After that my sister and others were vaccinated and they are OK.
I think best to talk to your doctor what s/he thinks best for you.

Jump to this post

I got both the Shingrix vaccine and the Moderna vaccine in the Spring of 2021 and became very ill following the 1st Shingrix and 2nd Moderna. I was ultimately diagnosed with Sjogren’s with Organ Involvement (Esophageal dysmotility) and Rheumatoid arthritis. Took almost 2 years to get to a concrete diagnosis, but started Plaquenil 11 months ago and it’s helping. I had also had Epstein Barr in 2018 and many of the post vaccine symptoms felt like the extreme fatigue of reactivated EBV, but with new joint pain, difficulty swallowing in the lower esophagus, eye hemorrhage, loss of salivary glands. Hope you can get some relief going forward. Very tough to try and do the right things and have the outcome of illness.

I received the Shigrex vaccine in March of 2022. A week or so later I developed night sweats, which continue to this day.

Oh my gosh I have taken the new 2 dose vaccine & recently been trying to find out what has caused the pulmonary nodules found on lung CT after pneumonia that never responded to antibiotics- was not pneumonia. Pulmonologist has theories autoimmune induced
Now I’m wondering if this sparked the lung involvement which is pretty diffuse, too many to remove. Anyone have lung reaction?

My husband got the Shingrix shot as I also did in 2021. He ended up with a rare autoimmune disorder in March of 2022. He’s been through so much in the last two years.

I don’t know exactly who made them but I was “first in line” for the first Shingles vaccine and the first in line again for the new shingles vaccine. I followed up with the second shot when it was advised. All this because I’d heard so many horror stories about suffering from shingles. After reading all of your stories I feel pretty lucky that I only recently recovered from a raging case of shingles even after all those vaccines. Of course all our stories are anecdotal but one does have to wonder if we are being had.

@astaingegerdm

@tony18
Welcome to Connect!
I’m so sorry and upset reading what happened to you after the Shingrix vaccine!
What doctor specialty do you see for this? How old are you?
In this Autoimmune Disease Support group I have read quite a few posts from members who have developed Autoimmune Disease after Shingrix or a flare up- Covid to a lesser degree.
Personally, I’m supposed to get the Shingrix vaccine but I’m concerned about getting a new autoimmune disease or flare up of the one I have.
Let’s hope you’ll get some posts from more members.

Jump to this post

Hi @astaingegerdm

I have found this conversation most interesting. I also had the Shingrix vaccinations in 2019. One year after the second vaccination I developed Shingles. My case was considered mild in that there was just a small lesion on the waistband area of my back, but the Shingles pain was very bad and lasted for over two weeks. I tried the regular pain meds that are usually prescribed but eventually had to resort to prednisone and gabapentin. in order to get enough pain relief so I could sleep through the night.

When I had the first two COVID vaccines, I had the same pain (without the lesions) and had to go back to the prednisone and gabapentin in order to get pain relief. Just wanted to add this comment to the discussion as I can certainly understand your reluctance to get the Shingrix vaccine.

Wow. I had shingles first - a mild case as they go with blisters on my abdomen. But the hallmark of my my case was leading symptoms by a week to 10 days and was nerve root pain in my hip. I couldn’t figure out how I had hurt L2-3. And when it was all over that nerve root pain resolved.
I got my vaccine afterward in 2019 - I know it was a summer month . No issues really that I recall.

Please sign in or register to post a reply.