Did anyone receive Glaxo Shingrix vaccine in June, July, August 2019?

Posted by tony18 @tony18, Jan 7 5:11pm

I am presently suffering from IgG4. After the Shingrix vaccine which I took on 08/08/2019, I experienced deterioration throughout my whole body, culminating in 2023 with a diagnosis of IgG4, an autoimmune disease. By this time, it had substantially affected both my kidneys and pancreas.

Interested in more discussions like this? Go to the Autoimmune Diseases Support Group.

@hopeful33250

Hi @astaingegerdm

I have found this conversation most interesting. I also had the Shingrix vaccinations in 2019. One year after the second vaccination I developed Shingles. My case was considered mild in that there was just a small lesion on the waistband area of my back, but the Shingles pain was very bad and lasted for over two weeks. I tried the regular pain meds that are usually prescribed but eventually had to resort to prednisone and gabapentin. in order to get enough pain relief so I could sleep through the night.

When I had the first two COVID vaccines, I had the same pain (without the lesions) and had to go back to the prednisone and gabapentin in order to get pain relief. Just wanted to add this comment to the discussion as I can certainly understand your reluctance to get the Shingrix vaccine.

Jump to this post

@hopeful33250
Teresa, I would think that the Shingrix shots would have done their job. So sorry to hear about the pain!
However, I realize that as we get older our immune system is not always strong- my own experience.
I’m afraid of getting Shingles but also afraid that I’ll get some other reaction.
Today I got my Covid booster- had to wait because I had Covid in August. I have had some GI reaction a couple of times- hope not now.

@busyyaya

Oh my gosh I have taken the new 2 dose vaccine & recently been trying to find out what has caused the pulmonary nodules found on lung CT after pneumonia that never responded to antibiotics- was not pneumonia. Pulmonologist has theories autoimmune induced
Now I’m wondering if this sparked the lung involvement which is pretty diffuse, too many to remove. Anyone have lung reaction?

Jump to this post

@busyyaya
I have experienced something similar but I have not taken Shingrix. However, I have had mild flare ups of autoimmune GI illness after Covid vaccines.
I have been followed for pulmonary nodules too- starting after I had flu and pneumonia. In addition to the nodules they report groundglass patches in the lungs, most likely inflammatory. I guess it’s because I have other inflammation in my body but nobody is sure of the reason.

Please sign in or register to post a reply.