Co-Enzyme Q 10 (100 mg daily) Stops Statin Leg Pain

Hi, I'm taking 20 mg Atorvastatin and my legs were aching. My great Cardiologist told me that statin medications rob the body of the supplement Co Q 10 and taking 100 mg a day would alleviate the problem. I take now Co-enzyme Q 10 100 mg daily and it totally stopped the leg pain. Hope this is helpful to some.

Interested in more discussions like this? Go to the Heart & Blood Health Support Group.

@ca426

I buy my coq10 at vitacost.com, but make sure you get Ubiquinol the most absorbable form.

Jump to this post

Fibro Malic for me is great for fibromyalgia. It's all natural ,no prescription meds .We need more Magnesium then the normal person you take 3in morning and 3 at night Ingredients:Vit,C@B6 Magnesium Hydroxide,Malic Acid,MSM all for joints musules,connective tissue Olive leaf extract adding at night 1more Mag.it's a broad spectrum complex and 1additional B6 100 mg.1Tramadol at bedtime and 1Tums for sleep It take awhile for your to adjust before you notice alot of benefit.I've been on F..M over a year Vitacost has everything I like them the best. Good luck

@lioness

Let me know if it helps my thighs hurt me all the time a burning pain

Jump to this post

I'm going to buy CO Q 10 but once I stopped the statin and changed eating habits my legs don't hurt but have t had my
LDL checked yet

@ca426

I buy my coq10 at vitacost.com, but make sure you get Ubiquinol the most absorbable form.

Jump to this post

I,'ll reply about Cymbalta ,had mental block when on it so Dr took me off it Lyrica didn't help me with Pain I have L2fracture and Buldging disc so that's why Im onTramado! and Meloxiam for pain for In flamation drink ginger-turmeric tea

Please do beware that CoQ10 should be used without peperine which is put in some CoQ10 to help absorption. It actually can affect the absorption of you meds. with me it was Verapimil it interferes with the absorption and I then had BP issue and went back into Coroanry Spasms.

Please sign in or register to post a reply.