Anyone here dealing with peripheral neuropathy?

Posted by rabbit10 @rabbit10, Apr 9, 2016

Anyone here dealing with peripheral neuropathy?

Interested in more discussions like this? Go to the Neuropathy Support Group.

Have read good things on Agmatine ….. anyone tried it ?

I have been diagnosed with peripheral neuropathy. I have no tingling or pain in my feet, but my balance is certainly compromised. I don't have diabetes.

I went to an acupuncturist, who besides using the needles, tried some electrical stimulation (electricity sent through my legs for about 20 minutes, but with no pain). The first time I tried it, I was surprised to find my balance had improved by about 50%! Subsequent sessions did not change my condition.

Has anyone else tried acupuncture, and had a similar experience? I just assume it was the e-stimulation, not the needles, that did the trick. Any thoughts on my experience?

Have Multiple Myeloma and after treatment developed neuropathy. Have been on Gabapentin 2700 daily but due to kidney issues am decreasing and now on 900 daily. I am thinking about a CBD/THC cream as I have seen some new that it may help. There is so much to read and unsure of what product to try. Any information would be appreciated. The neuropathy is in my feet, shins, legs. I also have some lower back issues and my gluts as well. Looking for help.

@bustrbrwn22

@bcool123 are these socks tight at the top where if you were maybe retaining water it might get uncomfortable? Thanks

Jump to this post

I have several pair of ankle-height compression socks made by SB SOX and like them, Oddly, they help with foot pain and also help if you have circulatory issues like veinous insufficiency.

@tragic

Have Multiple Myeloma and after treatment developed neuropathy. Have been on Gabapentin 2700 daily but due to kidney issues am decreasing and now on 900 daily. I am thinking about a CBD/THC cream as I have seen some new that it may help. There is so much to read and unsure of what product to try. Any information would be appreciated. The neuropathy is in my feet, shins, legs. I also have some lower back issues and my gluts as well. Looking for help.

Jump to this post

Welcome @tragic, You mentioned developing neuropathy after your Multiple Myeloma treatments. There are a couple of other discussions you also might find helpful:
-- Multiple Myeloma: Come introduce yourself and let's talk:
https://connect.mayoclinic.org/discussion/multiple-myeloma-26f521/
-- Baclofen for Chemo-induced Peripheral Neuropathy?:
https://connect.mayoclinic.org/discussion/baclofen-users/
-- CBD oil for Neuropathy:
https://connect.mayoclinic.org/discussion/cbd-oil-for-neuropathy/

Do you have pain with your neuropathy or is it more numbness and tingling?

@ahenness

John, I'm new here. 62 y/o F. Dx Nov.2019 with PN hands, toes/feet leg stiffness. I have had the whole gambit, MRI's, etc. Extreme burning in upper arms, on gaba 600mg x4/day, neurotriptiline 40ng x 2/day. I'm now experiencing numbness/heaviness upper thighs. Just saw 2nd neuro, put thru battery of usual tests. Concerned about my upper thighs. Anyone else going thru similar? I'm in Ontario Canada. Had to retire after 30+ years in Healthcare. Not sure what to exoect next.

Jump to this post

Hi…. Have you been tested for Small fiber neuropathy?

@cheytag

Hi…. Have you been tested for Small fiber neuropathy?

Jump to this post

Welcome @cheytag, It looks like @ahenness was diagnosed with small fiber peripheral neuropathy in Nov 2019 from the members post. Do you have similar symptoms? Have you also been diagnosed with small fiber neuropathy?

@johnbishop

Welcome @cheytag, It looks like @ahenness was diagnosed with small fiber peripheral neuropathy in Nov 2019 from the members post. Do you have similar symptoms? Have you also been diagnosed with small fiber neuropathy?

Jump to this post

Yes… going today for skin punch biopsies… thanks for your reply…

@slavmauve

I have been prescribed nortriptyline for my nerve pain. I tried Cymbalta but had terrible side effects. Wondering for those of you that have found success with nortriptyline for reducing nerve pain, how long after taking it have you felt some relief? I have been on it around 12 days. My pharmacist said it can take some time for it to work.

Jump to this post

I am dealing with this too. I don’t ever feel I’m understood when I talk to a Dr. about neuropathy. I have not found a medication to help. I am worried about future progression of pain as the diabetes 1.5 and heart disease take a toll on my health.

@tragic

Jump to this post

I massage my feet at bed time with CBD cream and wear socks to bed.I buy a cream with high level CBD and mix with body lotion to have plenty to massage with.I also take .25 of CBD/THC drops under tongue before bed and very low dose of amitriptyline.

Please sign in or register to post a reply.