A Keytruda Patient Running the 2022 Chicago Marathon

Posted by Tom Anderson @ta52, May 9, 2022

My training began last week for the 2022 Bank of America Chicago Marathon. That’s not that unusual; this year’s Chicago Marathon will have approximately 45,000 participants. What’s different about my story is I am currently a Keytruda patient under treatment for inoperable Stage IV non-small cell lung cancer.
The diagnosis came in early October 2020, immunotherapy treatment with Keytruda began later that same month and by the end of April 2021 – six months later – there was no longer any significant evidence of disease. That’s immunotherapy in, perhaps, a best-case scenario but it is reality and that’s where we are with cancer treatment today. We need to spread the word about how much progress has been made. A Keytruda patient participating in the 2022 Chicago Marathon sends a pretty clear message about the state of cancer treatment today.

Interested in more discussions like this? Go to the Lung Cancer Support Group.

@modernwita1947

Very hopeful message. My husband is receiving this treatment along with pemetrexed for exactly the same diagnosis. He’s received 14 infusions since October 2021. hopefully will get the same results. He’s also very active; plays pickleball every day for about 2 hours (73 years old).

Jump to this post

Good for him! Tell him to keep doing everything he can. Stay active and don't let the diagnosis change his life. The doctors will take care of the physical side and he sounds like he's keeping a positive mental attitude!

Please sign in or register to post a reply.