Are you registered as a blood donor on Facebook?
In a community like ours, where blood donation is so vital, there is a new way for donors to stay connected. Facebook now offers a feature that allows you to register yourself as a blood donor. Doing so allows local blood banks to notify donors of opportunities to give in their local communities.
Why should I register as a blood donor on Facebook?
- Receive notifications when blood banks near you have a shortage and are requesting donors
- Set reminders to make appointments for donating
- Ready access to your local blood bank contact information
- Inspire friends and family to donate
How to register as a blood donor on Facebook:
- Go to your “about” section in your profile
- Under the “details about you” tab there is an option to register as a blood donor.
With Facebook’s blood donor tool, donors are now more easily connected with local blood donor centers. The Mayo Clinic Blood Donor Program is excited to share this Facebook Tool to educate our donors in various ways they can keep up-to-date with our donation requests.
NOTE: For iPhone users, your location must be shared with the Facebook app as either "always" or "only while using the app" in order for the nearest donor centers to pop up.