What's outside of your picture window today?

Posted by John, Volunteer Mentor @johnbishop, Nov 25, 2020

As we get ready for the real winter to show up and COVID-19 still playing a major part in our lives I like to spend moments of my day de-stressing about what's going on in the world today. All I have to do is look out the window and observe some of natures beautiful creatures, how they interact and ponder how small it makes my troubles seem. Sometimes I may even get the opportunity to take a photo or two. How about you? Anything going on outside of your window(s) that you want to share?

For those members that have the ability to size your photos before you upload them to the discussion, may I suggest using the following sizes:
– 500 x 335 pixels (landscape)
– 210 x 210 pixels (square)

Interested in more discussions like this? Go to the Just Want to Talk Support Group.

@johnbishop

Just peeked out my window at the right time and saw this little guy up in the trees outside. I hear them quit often but they blend in the scenery quite well.

Jump to this post

Oh it’s a cute little bard owl! They have such a distinctive call…Who cooks for you? Who cooks for you alllll. 😉
Great shots, John!

@loribmt

Oh it’s a cute little bard owl! They have such a distinctive call…Who cooks for you? Who cooks for you alllll. 😉
Great shots, John!

Jump to this post

It does sound like "who cooks for you" 😂

@johnbishop

It does sound like "who cooks for you" 😂

Jump to this post

what a great little video! The barn owls are so adorable. Never seen one in person, but I would love to. In the meantime I'll enjoy the video.

@johnbishop

Just peeked out my window at the right time and saw this little guy up in the trees outside. I hear them quit often but they blend in the scenery quite well.

Jump to this post

Wow! Amazing!

@johnbishop

Jump to this post

I love owls. We have the same two that come up every year. I can hear them at night lying in bed. Precious! Your photography is phenomenal!

There was a song by Michael Martin Murphy back in the '70's called "Wildfire". Some of the verse is: "There's been a hoot owl howling outside my window now; for six nights in a row". I think of that song when I hear them at night hooting. The song is beautiful....especially the music. Enjoy!

It is beautiful today...hot and humid...but beautiful. My flowers have to be watered every day due to the heat, but, they are gorgeous. Hummingbirds are not as abundant this year for some reason, the heat maybe? I love to watch them!

Have a blessed Sunday everyone!

During the last week I’ve got a cotton tail sleeping in a hole he made over the sprinkler head. The mud is cooler, and he is contented to sleep with the quail around him.

@SusanEllen66

During the last week I’ve got a cotton tail sleeping in a hole he made over the sprinkler head. The mud is cooler, and he is contented to sleep with the quail around him.

Jump to this post

What a fun photo!

Beautiful green trees blowing. The wind feels good after a long heatwave in Jersey!

CindyC

Please sign in or register to post a reply.