What's outside of your picture window today?

Posted by John, Volunteer Mentor @johnbishop, Nov 25, 2020

As we get ready for the real winter to show up and COVID-19 still playing a major part in our lives I like to spend moments of my day de-stressing about what's going on in the world today. All I have to do is look out the window and observe some of natures beautiful creatures, how they interact and ponder how small it makes my troubles seem. Sometimes I may even get the opportunity to take a photo or two. How about you? Anything going on outside of your window(s) that you want to share?

For those members that have the ability to size your photos before you upload them to the discussion, may I suggest using the following sizes:
– 500 x 335 pixels (landscape)
– 210 x 210 pixels (square)

Interested in more discussions like this? Go to the Just Want to Talk Support Group.

It is beautiful here, but, cold. I was able to plant some pansies out on the front porch. I know better than plant them in the year as the deer will eat all of them. I would love a little snow here. Have a blessed day all!

@covidstinks2023

It is beautiful here, but, cold. I was able to plant some pansies out on the front porch. I know better than plant them in the year as the deer will eat all of them. I would love a little snow here. Have a blessed day all!

Jump to this post

@rosemarya, @timt347, @johnbishop, and all...And, many of my most recent photos are from inside my upstairs bedroom where I spend most of my time these days. I've set up a little apartment upstairs since I have difficulty with the 14 stairs to get to my bedrooms and shower. I set up a little kitchen in my small bedroom so I could stay upstairs for several days as needed. I love my little private treehouse in the middle of my live oak tree with Spanish moss, birds, squirrels, and leaves constantly changing colors and personalities.

My bedroom is in a condominium building facing the parking lot between the building across the street...so if I were downstairs, I'd be looking out my front living room window at the cars, trucks, workers, sidewalks, delivery trucks, and people, and then across at the 2 story condo building across the lot. Not a beautiful site for sure...not horrible, but surely not calming or lovely or peaceful or pleasant. But, I love my treehouse!

I'm sending some photos of my treehouse view and some of my little rescued plants from the toss pile...I'll throw in a picture of the special ceramic Christmas tree my mother made for me years ago. That's how I celebrated Christmas this year and I loved it!!!

Enjoy your view of life wherever you find it!
Blessings, Elizabeth

@ess77

@rosemarya, @timt347, @johnbishop, and all...And, many of my most recent photos are from inside my upstairs bedroom where I spend most of my time these days. I've set up a little apartment upstairs since I have difficulty with the 14 stairs to get to my bedrooms and shower. I set up a little kitchen in my small bedroom so I could stay upstairs for several days as needed. I love my little private treehouse in the middle of my live oak tree with Spanish moss, birds, squirrels, and leaves constantly changing colors and personalities.

My bedroom is in a condominium building facing the parking lot between the building across the street...so if I were downstairs, I'd be looking out my front living room window at the cars, trucks, workers, sidewalks, delivery trucks, and people, and then across at the 2 story condo building across the lot. Not a beautiful site for sure...not horrible, but surely not calming or lovely or peaceful or pleasant. But, I love my treehouse!

I'm sending some photos of my treehouse view and some of my little rescued plants from the toss pile...I'll throw in a picture of the special ceramic Christmas tree my mother made for me years ago. That's how I celebrated Christmas this year and I loved it!!!

Enjoy your view of life wherever you find it!
Blessings, Elizabeth

Jump to this post

Elizabeth, Thank you for sharing your treasured treehouse and its history. I think that you should be very proud of the space you have created. I can feel the comfort, warmth, and love that fills your space. It is more beautiful than any palace can ever be.
I’m so glad that you on Connect with us. ❤️

@rosemarya

Elizabeth, Thank you for sharing your treasured treehouse and its history. I think that you should be very proud of the space you have created. I can feel the comfort, warmth, and love that fills your space. It is more beautiful than any palace can ever be.
I’m so glad that you on Connect with us. ❤️

Jump to this post

@rosemarya and all..Hello, my Connect friend of several years! It's good to chat with you again, my friend. It's been a long time since I've seen your messages. I hope that means I've missed you and not that you've had more difficulties with which to deal! You are such a positive voice on this website in every place you speak.

I say a personal 'thank you' to you for the great advice and sharing you've given. I'm one of certainly many who owe you great thanks for your insights...

Blessings to you, Elizabeth

Last December my husband and I decided it was time to find a one story house and make our final move, hopefully. Our new house has beautiful mature desert landscape with three saguaros in front of our house. One of them has a resident woodpecker who has a nest in one of the holes in the saguaro. We enjoy watching this bird.

Today is rainy, breezy and cold, BUT, my daffodils and hyacinths are standing tall and beautiful on this dreary day. I can smell the hyacinths in the breeze. Hyacinths were my Mama's favorite flower and they remind me so much of her.

@covidstinks2023

Today is rainy, breezy and cold, BUT, my daffodils and hyacinths are standing tall and beautiful on this dreary day. I can smell the hyacinths in the breeze. Hyacinths were my Mama's favorite flower and they remind me so much of her.

Jump to this post

Thanks for sharing that. My mom passed in June. I like when folks discuss how much love they had for their moms.

I also love flowers and find them very inspirational.

We have flowers around the property. The previous owners planted them. Other than the roses, I am not sure of the names.

Years ago, I took my wife to some botanical gardens we had here in NJ. They were part of the Dodge estate. Was really a nice time.

@alive

Last December my husband and I decided it was time to find a one story house and make our final move, hopefully. Our new house has beautiful mature desert landscape with three saguaros in front of our house. One of them has a resident woodpecker who has a nest in one of the holes in the saguaro. We enjoy watching this bird.

Jump to this post

we get woodpeckers from time to time. (Jersey).

I love them...pretty birds, big. Also just love the sound they make. They seem so dedicated to their work!

Nice Resources for Birders, 3 Links

1) Bird sounds and bird calls in USA & Canada (602 species)
https://www.bird-sounds.net/

++++
2) Free Bird ID App from Cornell University

(widely used by birders, from novices to very experienced)

https://merlin.allaboutbirds.org/

The Cornell Lab publishes the free Merlin Bird ID app for iOS and Android devices. This field guide and identification app guides users to put a name to the birds they see, and covers 3,000 species of across the Americas, Western Europe, and India. In addition to browsing customized lists of birds for any location in the world, users can answer simple questions to get a list of most likely species, along with images and sound. In 2017, Merlin Bird ID was updated to include AI-powered automatic photo recognition, which allows quick identification help with photographs. Bird ID and Photo ID require separate file downloads. The app also offers Sound ID, which can identify some 450 North American species, in real time or from an in-app recording, and even if multiple species are communicating at once.The app also displays a basic black-and-white spectrogram - a visual representation of sound.

++++

3) Download 435 High Resolution Images from John J. Audubon’s The Birds of America

https://www.openculture.com/2019/10/download-435-high-r
solution-images-from-john-j-audubons-the-birds-of-america.html

@samcal9977zz

Thanks for sharing that. My mom passed in June. I like when folks discuss how much love they had for their moms.

I also love flowers and find them very inspirational.

We have flowers around the property. The previous owners planted them. Other than the roses, I am not sure of the names.

Years ago, I took my wife to some botanical gardens we had here in NJ. They were part of the Dodge estate. Was really a nice time.

Jump to this post

samcal9977zz, You sound like a wonderful husband and and that your mom raised a wonderful son. I'm sorry your Mama passed in June. God Bless You Greatly and thank you for the compliment. Be Blessed!

Please sign in or register to post a reply.