What's outside of your picture window today?

Posted by John, Volunteer Mentor @johnbishop, Nov 25, 2020

As we get ready for the real winter to show up and COVID-19 still playing a major part in our lives I like to spend moments of my day de-stressing about what's going on in the world today. All I have to do is look out the window and observe some of natures beautiful creatures, how they interact and ponder how small it makes my troubles seem. Sometimes I may even get the opportunity to take a photo or two. How about you? Anything going on outside of your window(s) that you want to share?

For those members that have the ability to size your photos before you upload them to the discussion, may I suggest using the following sizes:
– 500 x 335 pixels (landscape)
– 210 x 210 pixels (square)

Interested in more discussions like this? Go to the Just Want to Talk Support Group.

Hummingbirds are emptying out the feeder quicker than ever....so pretty. One dominant male sits on top and chases the others away. Just in case you have squirrel issues with your hummingbird feeder, I tied a Slinky (Walmart) at the top of my Shepherds Hook and it flows down from where I have my feeder and the squirrels cannot climb up the hook anymore and empty out the hummingbird feeder. Works like a charm!

@covidstinks2023

Hummingbirds are emptying out the feeder quicker than ever....so pretty. One dominant male sits on top and chases the others away. Just in case you have squirrel issues with your hummingbird feeder, I tied a Slinky (Walmart) at the top of my Shepherds Hook and it flows down from where I have my feeder and the squirrels cannot climb up the hook anymore and empty out the hummingbird feeder. Works like a charm!

Jump to this post

Very clever with the slinky!

@frances007

Every time I go out to water my garden, one of these lovely creatures comes over for a drink. I understand many are frightened by bees, wasps etc., but they will not bother you if you leave them alone, just like me.

Jump to this post

I'd keep my distance! Looks like it would be a painful sting!

Good morning Elizabeth @ess77 and my other bird loving friends! A few months ago my son-in-law gave me a great combined late Christmas, birthday and Father's day gift - a BirdBuddy bird feeder with a camera. Just thought I would share a few snaps with you all, including one of a "mystery visitor" 😂

@johnbishop

Good morning Elizabeth @ess77 and my other bird loving friends! A few months ago my son-in-law gave me a great combined late Christmas, birthday and Father's day gift - a BirdBuddy bird feeder with a camera. Just thought I would share a few snaps with you all, including one of a "mystery visitor" 😂

Jump to this post

@johnbishop and all...
WOW! HOW MARVELOUS, JOHN!
I'm on my way out for a special brunch with my college sorority
sisters...but had to ck out your pictures...I love them and will be in touch later today!!!!
Blessings, Elizabeth

@johnbishop

Jump to this post

@johnbishop That was a marvelous and thoughtful gift!

We are getting our first big storm system of the season here. Yesterday we had 1.25" of rain. Earlier in the week my husband was working on getting debris piles burned, since fire restrictions were lifted. The trees are in their glorious change of color; each year we are reminded how many shades of green and gold can be produced! We will be gifting the neighbors with our leaf drops, to mulch their garden and flowers.
Ginger

That's me and my twin grand sons kashmin and kavan martin they are 5 and I'm 45

I came home after visiting my sister and noticed that one of my succulents had bloomed while I was away. I have had this plant for about 3 years, a rescue from the apartment complex dumpster, where I often find orphaned plants. The rabbits belong to a family that lives in a large house adjacent to my apartment complex, and they are always running around near my apartment. They are so cute! I used to have rabbits, and these two are the best of friends. Always frolicking, playing and things of that nature. I used to worry that they would be attacked by a cat, but I have noticed that the cats are more afraid of them than they are of the cats. These critters move awfully fast that is for sure.

I live adjacent to a horse pasture.

There used to be horses back there. It was cool. I loved feeding carrots to them, and they liked it too.

But they grew old and died. Then their owner passed away. New owners took over, and began filling the pasture with old vehicles, cargo trailers, and other such junk. It looks like a pull-a-part yard now.

I miss the horses.

@msjennifer

That's me and my twin grand sons kashmin and kavan martin they are 5 and I'm 45

Jump to this post

What a beautiful family! God Bless You!

Please sign in or register to post a reply.